News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Naked Bike Racing

Started by TiffineyIngram, September 17, 2003, 01:12:23 PM

TiffineyIngram

So, who's in?  Let me give a little background: naked bike racing is, in essence, racing without fairings.  There are quite a few bikes that are made naked, and even more that can be undressed.  (I never thought I would ever be typing smut like this.)  So, what do you think?

Thanks in advance!

motomadness

They need oil containment.

Call me and I'll explain an idea I have for a great new addition to CCS.

TiffineyIngram

Yes, they must all have belly pans, we're aware of that.  I'm not going in to the possible rules, we just wanted to as y'all's opinion.

PJ

Buell racers are all about nekkid racing. Count me in.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

CCS243

Tiff,

There is already a class covering naked bikes, any of the GP classes  :o!   Not to start a furor  ::), but perhaps we need to consider reducing the number of classes.  Having "survived" 4 twin sprint weekends in the SE this year, listening to various comments, some degree of consolidation appears in order.  As a dinosaur   ;), I miss the longer events.  In the dark ages, when we roamed the earth, the goal was 20-25 mile races and hour long GTs  :).

Eric Kelcher

Some bikes are just not meant to be raced on a roadrace course, Gold Wings, Harley (Buells do tho), Dirt trackers, Motards(they belong on a combo course dirt and pavement; can't beleive I said that I OWN 1 3/2 of them) all come to mind. If thoses with said bikes want to get a little "track time" they can fit into existing classes and know they are out classed.

Now true naked racing could result in a bit of roadrash. :o

Now a night race with Gold Wings would be kinda cool with the floor boards sparking and radios blaring and jumpseat arranging anti-draft/anti-pass devices. 8) ::)
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Nate R

I think the idea is that the naked bikes, like a Bandit 12, don't have a competitive class to race in.

I'm personally against the idea of adding more classes unless we get rid of some other ones. Take out Superbike classes! Take those 3 out, then add 1 or 2 naked classes, and we still come out ahead  :) Dunno if I like the idea of naked bike racing.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Did this not already happen once before in the seca challange, this was great racing all spec bikes and tire's it really would seperate the men from the boy's since I am currently riding a super motard I know a;ll about riding a naked bike and since I can whoop most sv 650 guys i am ready to race anything. As a true racer for over 12 years , I will tell you a true racer will race anything you give them , lawn mowers, tractors, mini bikes, Well just look at how big 50 cc racing is getting. in all reality racing has just gotten way to expensive anymore and most people with normal jobs just can not afford a $ 30,000.00 per year to race for fun and trophys. making a less expensive class or spec class will return some fun to racing

KBOlsen

Please... As much as I love ya'all... Dave in a bikini was as close to NEKKID as my poor eyeballs can stand.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

TiffineyIngram

I was just waiting for a Super Dave comment...it's like this post was asking for it!

Art--belive me, next year will be better all around...BELIEVE ME!  You'll like the changes--we all will.

The question about naked racing is not about what we should or shouldn't do--I'm just trying to find out if there is any interest.  Eric, you could at least call your wife and ask what the question meant.

smoke

see MAN........  I thought nakkked chicks  on the track when I saw this tread :o

But man y aguys are talking about classes.... DAMMMMMMMM >:(

Thingy

QuoteArt--belive me, next year will be better all around...BELIEVE ME!  You'll like the changes--we all will.

Would I be up for it?  Maybe.  

Would I be up for it if it added to the total number of classes?  No way.

As for your quote above...  How so?  What specifically do you have planned?  (different classes?  Different schedules?  Personel changes?)  I think that we all would like to hear specifics, not just a general statement.  Let us know.  Thanks. :)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!