News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Naked Bike Racing

Started by TiffineyIngram, September 17, 2003, 01:12:23 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

Screw the nakid bikes.  :D

Lets replace Super Twins with a Bagger class. Kims TLR would still be eligible. ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Mark Bernard

I agree with Paul... "nekkid Buell's for everyone"  :o
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

K3 Chris Onwiler

A naked class could potentially save a guy like me thousands per year in fiberglass and duct tape... :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

james-redsv

I dont really understand this. You can run an SV with just number plates and a belly pan in a bunch of classes if you want to and be toatly competitive. A Kawi KZ1000, ducati monsters, they same way. Are you guys wanting to add a class just for bikes with no fairings???? Racing classes should be according to engine size,age, stuff like that, not on wheather one choses to race with a fairing on not. That would be like adding a class just for people who prefer to  run Dunlop tires.  To Tiff, if there is any intrest in running a bike without a fairing, as I have just said you can do it now if you want.

Super Dave

QuoteI was just waiting for a Super Dave comment...it's like this post was asking for it!

LOL!

Naked bikes?  Seems redundant.  The rules allow naked bikes as they are as long as they have a catch pan lower.  The fairing doesn't make it faster, but most naked bikes are tuned by the manufacturers to make better low end.  I'd love to try racing a Yamaha FZ1.  But, I'd race a KZ1000.  I think a built air cooled KZ1000 might fit into Middleweight Superbike.  

The question is: would anyone do it?

Sportsman fits the categories too already.  I think I can race a CB750 in Middlewieght Sportsman.  If we could get catch pan lowers on the CR750, I'd be racing a 380# 115HP bike in that class, if the owner wanted to.

In a nut shell...

It seems redundant.

The current class structures has dramatically reduced rider set up and practice time dramatically of the past four years.  Riders almost feel obligated to come to practice days, etc. to try and be ready.  

This isn't such an issue for expert riders that have some experience, but for newer riders, this is a safety concern.  Bikes do get a little faster each year.  It takes a new racer a certain amount of time just to become aclimatized to track speeds so that panic doesn't completely set in.  I'm sure that the lack of practice time is one of the reasons why new racers go away so quickly...they feel as though they can never be competitive or get better with the TINY, TINY amounts of track time that are available to them.

Alternatives...Dave's school, but I got screwed on that last year for this year, didn't I (no further comment....)?  
Super Dave

mdr14

What we really need is another class or 2 for the 1000cc in line 4 cylinder bikes coming out. i want to spend a lot of money with CCS next year, and i am only racing a 1000/4, that leaves me with too much money in my pocket at the end of a weekend with the currrent class structure.

I say we at least make Heavyweight superbike an Unlimited superbike class.

Sure have a nekkid class, make sure you run them with the classes that have like 2 guys show up to race in miniscule sportsman.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Super Dave

And on another note....

CCE/CCS continues to look for more classes to seemingly attact more racers.  However, it fails to recognize the core classes in American motorcycle racing.  There are classes that are important, and they should be treated accordingly.  

Additionally, the riders in these classes are the core riders to any local club scene.  Focus on making rider happy, or at least reasonably content, and things will go much smoother and riders will continue racing longer.

I'm a very reasonable person.  I've offered to attend the Texas PowWow that you guys have.  Seems to be attended by officials with no real represention of riders.  There in lies the problem.  Ultimately, this is all about racing, not about rules or anything else.

If the focus was on the racing, people might actually be attracted to come watch a group of riders that prove themselves week in, week out at different events.  Additionally, the up and come-er's add some flash.  

Focus...when you go to a big racing event, you're there to see the riders/drivers...Kenseth, Mladin, Schumacker, Rossi, etc.  I care less about the vehicle.  When you go to an art gallery, you're looking at what someone can do, not at his brushes.  
Super Dave

TiffineyIngram

Dave:
This post was just an open-ended question about if people were interested in a naked bike race.  I never said it would be a mainstream class, nor did I say it would even race for points.  The point of this poll is to get everyone's input.

The Big Mac is meant for officials who are going over rule changes, updates, etc.  Rather than limit ourselves to hearing one or two rider voices (who may have their own objectives and agendas) we post polls on this board and ask for rider opinion.

tzracer

QuoteArt--belive me, next year will be better all around...BELIEVE ME!  You'll like the changes--we all will.

When will we find out about these changes? Some of us are already making plans for next year.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

YOU KNOW AFTER RACING 1000 CC BIKES EATING TIRES EVERY THREE OR FOUR LAPS, I WOULD THINK EVERYONE WOULD BE OPEN MINDED TO A SPEC CLASS. MAKING IT MORE FUN AND LESS EXPENSIVE IS WHAT ALL US CHEAP RACERS NEED.

I AM SURE THE MANUFACTORERS ARE LOOKING TO PUMP CERTAIN NEW MODELS SO A SPEC CLASS IS BOUND TO RETURN,  WHEN YAMAHA SPONSERED THE SECA CHALLANGE THAT WAS SOME OF THE BEST MONEY A LOCAL RIDER COULD EARN WITH OUT SPENDING DOUBLE TO MAKE IT.

CCS IS IN NEED OF MORE RACERS AND NEW CLASSES, THE WHOLE POINTS CHASE THIS FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP IS PURE CRAP, NO OFFENSE TO THE RIDERS BUT THE POINT LEADER IS JUST WHO EVER PAY'S MORE MONEY FOR ENTRIES.

i HAVE RACED LONG ENOUGH TO SEE A EX 500 WIN SOUTHEAST REGION 2 YEARS IN A ROW , A SV650 TO WIN FLORIDA REGION SOON ? WHY AND HOW IT IS ALL ABOUT $$$.

I HAVE RACED ALL YEAR AND NOT EARNED 1 POINT BY ENTERING ONLY CLASSES THAT DO NOT PAY POINTS !! THIS IS MY SMALL PROTEST !

SO WHAT IF I RIDE MY DIRT BIKE !!      

Dawn

Gosh 68.....

No need to shout!

;) :)

tshort

Iagree with Rosno and James-redsv - seems irrelevant.  I was at a WERA race and the guy that won the expert D superbike race was on a naked SV.  Waste of ink, if you ask me.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128