News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

No live races on Speed this weekend

Started by motomadness, September 16, 2003, 05:59:47 AM

motomadness

I looked at the schedule for this weekend, and I didn't notice any live motorcycle races, except for the FIM MotoGP stuff.  What's going on?

We'll have to watch the taped-delayed races on Tuesday while we are all supposed to be at work.

And there are still no plans on showing the AMA 250GP race, even though it's supposedly the last one ever, after 40 years in the US.

THE_D.O.C.

it's because speed hates you.  ;)

i imagine that they don't want the VIR fiasco possibility again. they announced that that they were way over budget, and that VIR cost them dearly.

i don't blame them.

set your VCR, cause complaining won't change it now.

THE_D.O.C.

i do think this SPEED whining is out of control. it used to be.

WAAAAAAAAHH no live coverage.

then WAAAAAAAAAAH no ama racing on two wheel tuesday.

now, WAAAAAAAAAAH ama racing won't come on till tuesday.

i'm amazed speed shows any at all with this crowd.

ecumike

Let me ask a stupid question.. what's the difference if it's shown on Sun or Tues.?

Don't you people have a VCR or BETA or something that records TV.

Ya know.. they make those things now so you don't actually have to worry about missing a TV show.  :)

fizzer400

Yeah, this SPEEDTV complaining IS getting out of control. Speed doesn't show much rally racing, what about those fans? What about kart racing? Formula 3000? ABC is not going to start broadcasting re-runs of "The A-Team" during primetime just because a few people really loved the show and miss it(that would be awesome though!). No, they're about making money, and showing re-runs of "The A-Team" wouldn't make them money. The facts of life are that this is America, and in America the #1 motorsport is NASCAR. That's what people want to see, so that's what they're logically gonna show the most of. Get over it, or move to Europe, where they love the bikes better than NASCAR.

Just for the record, I'm pretty bummed too that they're not showing the Barber races live, but oh well that's life.

Jeff
CCS #419

motomadness

I only wrote the thread to announce what I thought was happening and to figure out if someone else was going to broadcast the event.  

Yes, Speed is over budget, you don't think they are over budget on their other programs as well?  It is my opinion that no small tv station like Speed can meet the budget of any of their programs.  It's just that they know where they should spend to stay in business.  

THE_D.O.C.,
your rhetoric is silly at times.  You attempt to speak as though you are some sort of authority just because your father has influence.  Give it a break.  We members of this board and many others, have every right to complain about things that are bothering us.  Maybe no one at Speed is listening, but with people like you patting them on the backs saying good job, they don't get the real picture.  It's like this tv commerical I saw on Speed about getting Speed TV swag (apparel).  They (Speed) claim that a motorcycle road racer wrote the letter.  Personally, I can't imagine anyone on this board ever wanting to wear Speed TV gear.

I agree with one thing, reliable coverage is better than no coverage, but because of the fact that I do read motorcycle coverage on the web, the cat will be out of the bag long before Tuesday.  With the season finale and many championships still undecided, it would be nice to watch it unfold live.

I also think that fact that there is no plan to have an hour long fairwell show to the AMA 250GP class, which has 40 years of history that would make a great show, is appaulling.

THE_D.O.C.

whatever dude. my father does freelance work for them. he doesn't "influence" a thing.

sorry if the facts of life are too painful to bear.

these bash speed threads are stupid. i can't help that.

buy a VCR, and deal with it.

i've said before, you COULD go back to 3.00 AM highlights with dave despain on speedworld. yeah, that's it, all the bike racing coverage around the world in a one minute highlight reel. they could even show it in prime time so YOU'LL be home.

EmerWil

d.o.c.

sometimes I think you take the opposite side of the argument just to get people worked up.  

I know reading is a challenge for you, that's why you deem the anti-speed threads as silly and a waste of time.  

Maybe you're just scared that if you come out against Speed your dad might lose his "freelance" job.  

Keep up the good work D.O.C.  love your posts...

::)

THE_D.O.C.

there's a witty reply from a clown who knows exactly my motive.

sorry dude, my pops can still do nascar.  ;)

or football. hockey. soccer. golf. tennis. on and on.

no allegiance here. but you guys are silly. it's called NIELSON RATINGS. poor ratings? poor time slots. sorry there isn't a convoluted twisty plot for you. but it REALLY IS no more simple than that. all you B I T C H I N G and moaning will never fix it. the only thing that will is if lazy beer guzzling nascrap fans fall in love with it.

<playing my violin for you, and your beloved bike racing>

Steviebee

WTF  is this no races this weekend !!

AMA get your head out of your ASS !!

EmerWil

You seem pretty adept at getting your ideas across.  Why don't you get behind the bike racing?  

Seriously tho, Speed knows the bike fans are very vocal and very pissed.  They've gone from half way decent coverage to no coverage at all.  And if it's all about the money then that's fine but I don't think Speed should act like their the bike guys best friend, because they're not.

U said that the bike budget was way over.  Well maybe they need to budget more money next year and concentrate on getting their fan base back.

It's called developing a market.  Plus, it takes a clown to know a clown.

:-*

THE_D.O.C.

yeah?

well the fact is. your bike racing on speed (anytime you want it) is through.

bleeding hearts aside.

why don't you all just e-mail them again? they really care.

A-TEAM DURING PRIMETIME ANYONE??