No live races on Speed this weekend

Started by motomadness, September 16, 2003, 05:59:47 AM

TreyBone

It does... read the reply, stick you finger up your butt, then take a big WHiff :-X

castle228

Quotewho cares what YOU want hear?

Check yer English mate!

Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

Steviebee

it was all the bitching i did ..  You can thank me later.

I prefer money, but parts will be accepted as long as there new, in package, has the Stumpy Logo on them, Blessed by Super Dave, gets delivered by Umbrella girls (not the ones on TWT, but good looking ones), Fits my bike, Makes me faster, Makes me look good while going faster on my bike, includes a warning siren to any expert that i may catch up to, come with Bohn shorts, Includes product support for the 04 season, includes the Original Equipment Manufacture fender, Includes a sticker for the fender that says "FENDER".

I could go on, but im not as bored as i was when i started typing !

I still think the AMA needs to make some changes for thier broadcasting plans for 04 !  This means getting proposals from other networks TNN(Spike) OLN, ESPN, Wheels (is this ever coming out).

Steviebee

Oh and something else i just was thinking of.
and this is about that much hated oval racing that yall bitch about like its the cause of all our problems.

A few years ago TNN showed most of the entire nascar races, only a few big ones like daytona and such were carried on major networks (ABC i think carried Daytona for almost 25 years live !).  But i could get up and watch the pre-pre race show on ESPN2 then switch over to ESPN for another 1/2 hour, then over to TNN for the Pre-race show for 1 hour, and then the 4-5 hour race. and sometimes a post race show.

This is gone now! Fox or NBC only has 1/2 hour pre-race show.  I think the quantity of nascar racing went down when they sold out to the major networks.  Of course now speed has a ton of nascar programming cause they couldnt afford to get the race contract that Fox and NBC bought, so they try to make up for it !
And TNN got left out in the swamp with smeelly methane gas for prgramming.  I think they played a major role of bringing nascrap to where it is today.

AMA think about this !!.

And while im bitching here !!  One reasong why some many people like watching that boring oval racing is !!!!  drum roll .  

Pick anyone of about 25 guys as your favorite,  and he might Win a race !  Why would anyone want to watch a race were theres only 3 guys who could win all year !!  It will never be popular if this continues ! Exspecially when an Aussie (read NON AMERICAN) wins everything in this day and age (personally i dont agree with this, but i feel like it has some merit, due to conversations with some people).

There was a formula that nascar came up with, make it close competition, dont let any one guy (car type) dominate, and promote the hell out of it !  (and yes they do promote the hell out of it, think about it, major reccording stars singing the nation anthem, USAF flying F-15, F-16, B-1, B-2, F-117 over during prerace ceromonies, governors, mayors and what nots giving the command to start the engines.

There was reported to be 90000 people at the Laguna race, thats a big enough audience to get serious !

Opps   its been one of those days at work,  usually i rant and rave about this stuff and then delete the post but this time ill leave it for comment !!

StumpysWife

QuoteIncludes a sticker for the fender that says "FENDER".

If we see you at RA you *will* have your FENDER sticker.  

Steve-o's fixation weapon of choice--the FENDER.  Others choose the floppy, jittery tail (SuperDave-I'm looking at you) or their favorite stuffed animal strapped on (yes, I said strapped on).  But Steve-o goes all out with the freakin' huge license plate fender!!!!!  Good luck passing him while fixated on the fender!  In fact you might find yourself off in the toolies in T1 at BHF if you fixate too much  ;D  Heh heh...

I just love when you say pregnant dogging over and over.  That just makes my day.  Speaking of pregnant dog, how'd everyone like that shirt Greg White had on.  And where can Stumpy sign up for factory ride for a day--just for the "experience".  Lucky bastard.  Yes, I'm jealous for my man!!!

I'm so far off topic...........

Heather

tigerblade

Quotehmm... maybe you should've saved all your money you spent on going to Laguna and Barber and raced at BHF this year instead of quitting the season prematurely so that I could've atleast met your punkbiatchass.  ;)

Laguna was a family vacation: $0.00

I'm splitting Barber costs with a buddy: $Cheap

I'm sure I'll run into ya sometime.  Until then, you'll just have to be jealous of Dawn, Kevin, Ike, and the others that were blessed with my presence this year.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tigerblade

Quotewell, hear the sound of me farting in your general direction!!!

What are you doing in England?

Minda your own business!
Younger Oil Racing

Burt Munro

Hey Kris,

There are 4 of us from Gateway (MCRA) going down to cornerwork at Barber this weekend.  Look us up if you see a 'Crashing Sucks' t-shirt on one of the corners.

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tigerblade

QuoteHey Kris,

There are 4 of us from Gateway (MCRA) going down to cornerwork at Barber this weekend.  Look us up if you see a 'Crashing Sucks' t-shirt on one of the corners.

Rick

I'll look for ya.   :)
Younger Oil Racing