News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Is Pridmore really a privateer?

Started by motomadness, July 29, 2003, 07:51:48 PM

Team_nuclear123

Honda has a new cbr100RR comign out, they will show it at the 8hour this weeknd, but tell everyone tis a 600RR (like they did with Doohan and the 600RR parade lap if you remember"

Kawasaki's new ZX10RR? I cant say a word... But I do know....... Lets just says its killer, and SO wicked fast...

Hows this Dave, Ill post the information here about a week before anyone else gets to see it....

BTW, Yamaha is a year away in the cycle, so look for a new bike in 2005

Super Dave

Really, no new R1?  I "figured" they were doing something, but I will admit that the river has run kind of dry on the topic.

I thought Kaw might come out with their new 1000 this year.  The Kaw's always seem nice initially, but they seem to have a hard time maintaining momentum with their program.  Must be all the ships and jet engines.
Super Dave

G 97

I suppose it all comes down to definition.  
IMO, no way is Pridmore a privateer.  Curious as to why in Speed's estimations he is deemed a "privateer" While at the same time he is contracted by Suzuki to compete in World Endurance races.   Just because those races are held outside of the states they do not count towards his rider classification with races held in the States.  :-/
I also wonder if he is eligible for any AMA contingency dollars as I remember the big brew-ha a few years back concerning the same debate involving Jorden Szoke on a Harley that resulted in a riders petition being circulated to disqualify him from receiving contingency money - as most riders felt he was indeed a factory rider.  
I think the AMA ruled that since he was paid from the team and not directly from Harley that he was indeed a "privateer".  Never mind that they had access to VR1000's and the Harley Gemini race facilities.  ::)

Crap. Pure crap, me thinks.
G

THE_D.O.C.

relax G, it's just jordan szoke.  ;D

G 97

Quoterelax G, it's just jordan szoke.  ;D

Point well taken, my man.

Plus he's Canadian.   ;D
G

tigerblade

Quote Curious as to why in Speed's estimations he is deemed a "privateer"

Remember, you're talking about what they said on Speed.  They're not exactly batting a thousand when it comes to accuracy.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

G 97

QuoteRemember, you're talking about what they said on Speed.  They're not exactly batting a thousand when it comes to accuracy.

Yeah, but .289 gets you in the Hall Of Fame.  Sometimes they are below that.  Which is sad considering that Dave Sadowski- Ski for short, should know better.  Plus Dreb has a lot of contacts through WERA and whatnot.  In any event it is what it is. :-/
G

THE_D.O.C.

in their defense, it IS realyy hard to fill those empty moments with commentary and not miss occasionally. think about it. could you do it?

tigerblade

Quotein their defense, it IS realyy hard to fill those empty moments with commentary and not miss occasionally. think about it. could you do it?

Nope, I couldn't.  I only babble incessantly on the Internet.   ;D

They're not expected to be perfect, but you have to take that into account when you're watching.  Just because GW called Pridmore a "privateer" doesn't make it da troof.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

THE_D.O.C.

ya, i get ya. but he prolly doesn't have "suspension" engineers from showa hanging out in his pit either.

G 97

Quotein their defense, it IS realyy hard to fill those empty moments with commentary and not miss occasionally. think about it. could you do it?

Nope. not my job.   :)
G

StumpysWife

Um, It's not just Speed.  The AMA is claiming Pridmore's privateer podium finish as a victory for their change of Superbike rules.  
http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/index.html

Hmmm, think the AMA might have coached the Speed personnel on pushing this one once they saw Pridmore's chances of doing well?  

Sorry, I still think it's a stretch of the imagination, but more power to 'em.  All I can figure is they really want us to identify with the riders/bikes.  

Heather
(Ever the skeptic due to too many courses on persuasion on her way to a degree in P.R. ;D)