News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Formula 40 Rules

Started by CCS, June 17, 2002, 08:08:38 AM

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

stillslow

I don't know how to set up a poll. Maybe we can get Kevin Elliot to do it. What do you think Kevin ;D ;D ;D

billryr8828

I expect due to race weekend time constaints adding a "new" race would be difficult and maybe not even possible but to have a race within a race would not tax the weekend schedule and still allow everyone to get their enjoyment. Basically it would be like an expert and novice race with the wave starts only it would be done by bike classification instead. Actually it could be scored as two seperate races with a lw and hw divisions so where and how you finished would tallied in your respective class.

just turned40

I agree splitting f40 into two classes: 0-650cc & 651cc & over would be the best of both worlds.  Then I could snuff the 750's and the 600cc riders who are afraid to get beat (by the guy that is fast on everything he rides) would no longer have to worry.

By the way, I own a 01 gixer 750 and 02 1000 and no way my 750 could outrun my 1000 on most if not all of the tracks I have been to. It's all in the rider.

Brett

Well I have a GSXR 750 right now. I am planning on running my first F40 race at daytona ROC. But I still run in AMA Superbike so I am getting rid of the 750. They changed the rules to allow 1000,s so that's what I need to get. I would love to run F40 but if they don't change the rules I guess that will be my first and last F40 race. I can see your point, you guys on small bikes. But telling the 1000 guys to sell it and get a 600 come on. What if they told you  to sell yours and get a 1000. I think age should be what counts. By the way I think I will be faster on the 1000 than a 750 or I wouldn't change. We'll see I guess when I get one. Also I don't think for a min. that I could beat someone like Bostrom at Daytona me on a 1000 him on a 600. Size is'nt everything.

roadracer797

I found out this weekend the only way we can get a rule change is to write Kevin and tell him what we want so I think everybody should break out the pens and paper and tell Kevin we want lw and hw classes for the F40 class,just run them at the same time on the track.

Brett

cbrracerg

The only problem with splitting classes is that there are not enough riders for the contengency money in that class. I race Great Plaines, the largest field was at Road America, that was 7 in the amature class!The guy that won was on a 750. He got the holeshot, and was gone.I took third, I was racing with 2nd who was on a 600, we had a race for a few laps,but I was on a bike that was already sold, so I did not want to crash it. There was no way we could have caught the 750.Now you want to put a 1000 in the field, no way,unless you are going to open it up to superbike rules.

Brett

A 1000 or a 750 you said it your self "he was gone".
So what doe's it matter. If your on a 600 or smaller your getting motored. I want to ride in the class but next year I hope to have a 1000. I would be willing to let  the money go to the lightweight guys. Belive me however much it is won't make any difference anyway. ;D

Gixxer124

QuoteThe only problem with splitting classes is that there are not enough riders for the contengency money in that class. I race Great Plaines, the largest field was at Road America, that was 7 in the amature class!The guy that won was on a 750. He got the holeshot, and was gone.I took third, I was racing with 2nd who was on a 600, we had a race for a few laps,but I was on a bike that was already sold, so I did not want to crash it. There was no way we could have caught the 750.Now you want to put a 1000 in the field, no way,unless you are going to open it up to superbike rules.

Hey, I got the holeshot in that race! (on a 600) Lost the lead by turn 3. By turn 5 he (the guy on the 750)was out of sight. Anyways, bring on the 1000's. It'll give us something to talk about next year.  ;)

Gixxer124

How about this, we'll consider anyone on a 1000 the same as a AMA pro, and the'll be expected to pull off on the last lap.  ;D   Seriously, the reason for size limits in this class is closing speeds. They allow 125s in Formula 40. Whats the closing speed of a GSXR1000 on a 125 GP bike going into turn 1 at Road America? :o  Yes, I know,  it's just a little bit more than a 750. Hey, thats an idea. A 600cc limit. Now your talking! :)

Eddie#200

I agree completely that running a HW supersport bike is big enough for F40.  I think a 750cc bike can go plenty fast for anyone.