News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway Stories

Started by Dawn, June 16, 2003, 11:52:47 AM

sdiver68

QuoteIf you set a minimum lap time on your on-board timer that is 10 seconds than what you expect to run there can be 20 timers on the front straight and some on the back and they won't affect your timer.  I know the XT Ultra timer has this function.  It also has a maximum lap time.   ::)

That's true, but its also true that the timer misses a beacon on occasion.  Unless your XT Ultra is different from mine.  If not, than I have some track records as well, I think I have a 1:18 at Gingerman on my timer.  ;D  Anyway, Larry the tech guy for CCS told me when Larry Denning was trying to set a track record at BHF last month, they were required to have 3 separate timers on him.

Sunday's transponder times at Gateway were quite a bit different from what several people were saying on Saturday.  I've emailed CCS for those transponder times.
MCRA Race School Instructor

GKing

???  If the timer misses a beacon wouldn't that extend your time.  If it starts on beacon A, goes past beacon B then misses A on the next time around but picks up B your lap time would be longer.  If it starts on B and then ends the time on A it would give you a faster time.  If your fast lap is the sixth and eighth lap skipping a beacon just doesn't compute to give you a faster time.

This would all be moot if the transponders were more reliable.  Anybody know what the problem was?  Electronic?  Users?  Mechanical?  

Super Dave

User...

It's always user... ;D
Super Dave

GKing

QuoteUser...

It's always user... ;D

The guys at work call that an ID ten T error.

Also spelled ID10T

r1owner

Here is a vid of the crash.  Sorry for the crappy quality.  The actual vid is nice, but my SW to capture is not that great.

Also, not the highest bandwidth out of my house.  If someone has some high-speed, feel free to move it there.

K3 Chris Onwiler

:o Guess I'm lucky to have gotten away so easy! :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tigerblade

You forgot to bow.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

EX#996

Chris,

With all that smoke rolling off your rear I guess you can say you have a really "Hot Ass"

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Gixxer124

That's from too much beer and brats. ;D Hey, my 500th post. ;D