News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway Stories

Started by Dawn, June 16, 2003, 11:52:47 AM

cabbage996

I may indeed have been running over my head, but I'm proud of my 1:15.5.  So what kind of times did you turn tigerblade?  Oh according to the ccs transponders in my first race lap one took 5 hours and 39 minutes!  

Dawn

QuoteI may indeed have been running over my head, but I'm proud of my 1:15.5.  So what kind of times did you turn tigerblade?  Oh according to the ccs transponders in my first race lap one took 5 hours and 39 minutes!  

LOL!!!!

Ding - Ding

Dawn  <hee hee heee>    ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteLOL!!!

Yes, I am married to someone who was there, but he got in a 5:00 a.m. this morning and I put him right to bed so he could get a few hours of sleep before he went off to work.

Did he tell you about the strip clubs?  Boy, that East St. Louis is better than Vegas! ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Dawn

QuoteDid he tell you about the strip clubs?  Boy, that East St. Louis is better than Vegas! ;D

OOoooooo.....  you little stinker!  

Trying to get me riled up are you?  >:( ;) :D

It's not going to work.  You boys are too old to have any energy for those type of establishments.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Dawn   ;)

Super_KC124

I heard there was a sandbagger who started on the back row and took 5th in the GTU race. ;D

Dawn

QuoteI heard there was a sandbagger who started on the back row and took 5th in the GTU race. ;D

That sandbagger must have been you!

Good job!

Dawn   ;)

r1owner

QuoteI heard there was a sandbagger who started on the back row and took 5th in the GTU race. ;D

Yeah, he was definitely sandbagging ;), I was in 5th like 4 corners away on the last lap until he passed me!  :P

Another of my most memorable moments was watching the guy go down in turn 7 (GTU AM I think it was) two bikes in front of me.  I ended up splitting the area between him and his bike!  :o

tigerblade

QuoteI may indeed have been running over my head, but I'm proud of my 1:15.5.  So what kind of times did you turn tigerblade?  Oh according to the ccs transponders in my first race lap one took 5 hours and 39 minutes!  

I'll admit that MAM is more of an RC51 track if you'll admit Gateway favors the SV.   8)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

r1owner

QuoteBoy, that East St. Louis is better than Vegas! ;D

I can vouch for that!!! :) :o

Super_KC124

QuoteYeah, he was definitely sandbagging ;), I was in 5th like 4 corners away on the last lap until he passed me!  :P

Another of my most memorable moments was watching the guy go down in turn 7 (GTU AM I think it was) two bikes in front of me.  I ended up splitting the area between him and his bike!  :o

How did you see the pass I made in turn 7 on #690? I say I showed a wheel and he turned into me. He says I took away his line. Paint was swapped a couple times and I backed out. I did pass him in turn 8 and stayed ahead across the line.
Which guy were you talking about? The one that high sided coming out of 7 or the one that lowsided in the middle of turn 7? I about ran over the lowsiding guys head! :o I was at full lean and had to get on the brakes to keep from hitting him. :o  :o What bike were you on? Not the wheelie machine?? ;D

SliderPhoto

QuoteAre you going to be at MAM in July?

Nope, sorry. You going this weekend for Star? Wish I could go. I told my wife that would be a great Father's day present.  ::)

r1owner

QuoteHow did you see the pass I made in turn 7 on #690? I say I showed a wheel and he turned into me. He says I took away his line. Paint was swapped a couple times and I backed out. I did pass him in turn 8 and stayed ahead across the line.
Which guy were you talking about? The one that high sided coming out of 7 or the one that lowsided in the middle of turn 7? I about ran over the lowsiding guys head! :o I was at full lean and had to get on the brakes to keep from hitting him. :o  :o What bike were you on? Not the wheelie machine?? ;D

To be honest, I vaguely remember the T7 incident.  I had the same thing happen later in the race.  If he was taking a conservative line, and diving in, he might not have seen you until you were commited.  At least that is what happened to me in that same turn.  I was taking the conservative line, and bumped into a dude outbraking me.  I didn't know he was there until we were both commited.  I talked to him the next day, and (unlike your partner, if I remember correctly) he was real cool about it.

Yeah, that was the low side (I think, yellow bike?)) on the first lap.  I must have been just behind you (2 bikes maybe) then.  That must have been how I got past you till you caught me.

Yes, I was the wheelie machine that race!  :-[  HEHE..  I hurt a nut (and not one on the bike) when it landed!  :P  I did make up for that start in the rest of my races though, pulling past at least 1.5 rows ahead on the start from then on out.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!