News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS is wack!!!!

Started by Tezboogie, June 11, 2003, 04:27:44 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

For three weekends I was without a bike.  I was using my teammates bike, so I chose to only enter the one race where I have a chance in the points.  I had pre-entered 2 classes per weekend for the whole year.  Each weekend, I canceled my second race at regestration Saturday morning before going to tech inspection.  I was told that since I was canceling before the first bike had gone out, I would get my money back.
I finally get my new bike together, and call CCS to apply my $150 to other classes.  I'm told that in every case, you forfeit your first race unless you call the office a week in advance to cancel.  Not what I was told at regestration, and not very damn fair.  I never even teched for that class.  $150 gone.
At MAM, we entered the team challenge.  Our bike dropped a valve on the first lap.  I never even got to throw a leg over the bike.  We asked if we could run another bike, and just be disqualified.  Nope.  $300 for 3/4 of a lap.  I remember when GLRRA ran endurance races, and if you started a new bike, all your laps were gone and you started from scratch.  The idea was to at least let you have the fun that you had paid for.  I once saw a team blow up four bikes in a six-hour race.  They came in last, laughed like idiots, seemed to be having more fun than anyone, and won the hard luck trophy!  
I've personally given CCS $450 of my money in the last month and recieved exactly nothing for it.  Should I be a satisfied customer?  They always have a perfectly good rule to quote when they are screwing us, but is the attitude that CCS displays going to retain them customers in the long run?  Our fields are down.  Slow economy, or pissed off racers going elsewhere?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Speedballer347

Boogieman, I agree....it is wack...and you are obviously getting screwed! >:(

I suspect they don't wanna buck-up, since they are already out of pocket by giving your cheddar to someone else.  
Since they are dodging you, they obviously don't want to rectify their mistake, and make right.
With all the time and frustrations you've already invested in getting your winnings, I would be shocked if CCS made good.

Something is better than nothing :P I guess, maybe they would give you your $$$x2, towards race credits.  That way they wouldn't 'lose' any money (and actually might settle-up w/ ya then), and you would at least get 'something' ...although definately not what is owed to you ::)

Good luck
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

corien

hey trey!
it was nice meeting you at AHRMA this past weekend. i agree with you, the atmosphere is more relaxed (maybe it is the old folks ;D) and you get way more tracktime for the dollar spent. the reason is more because there are less entries than ccs, so less crashes, less waiting around etc.

TreyBone

If you race a twin or triple, you are crazy not to give AHRMA a chance ;)

oldguy

I sent my $100 for my license on May 9 and haven't heard a word since. Hope it comes in time for the Wegman weekend  ???

ekraft84

<whisper>  WERA .. WERA .. </whispering>

:)

I'll be trying out AHRMA for the first time next weekend at Grattan.  Hopefully there will be a good turnout of twins ..
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

Tezboogie

I am not bashing CCS, it's just the TRUTH. Sorry that the TRUTH hurts in this situation but, that's just to bad. Look at K3s situation.....
That's rediculous. We're talking about hard earned money here. This forum was created for people to express themselves, and i'm doing just that. Tired of sweeping the garbage under the carpet, so i'm telling on them. I don't care if it's not nice to discuss this on this forum.....I'm doing it. Get mad if you want but, I'm tired of not being able to business the right way with this so call "organization", especially since I thought that they were cool people in the first place. That makes it worst. Somebody over there needs to do something about this. Some of the racers that they are stickin to, are some of the coolest people at the track. That does't look good at all. Some of the best racers around have moved on to other organizations......I wonder why? The same CCS racers that race elsewhere, are the same racers no matter if they are fast or slow, it's not like we have bad racers in our orginazation, even though everyone does, including the AMA.
Why do sooooooo many racers complain about CCS? It's not because they just feel like it. Nobody's picking on CCS, they're the one's with the power to do whatever they want, and they are doing just that.
Can someone tell me who do you talk to, to get REAL results over there? Somebody's got to do something before this becomes more stupid than it already is.

TreyBone

It's already stupid. There's nothing they can do about it. Take for instance the Barber event coming up in August.  4 regions plus usgpru. What a cluster that is going to be. I can only imagine the nightmare that is going to be. That is why you won't see me at Barber in August.

I will be at Barber in October for AHRMA. The weather should be better then too ;D

Tezboogie

4 regions plus usgpru at Barber? OMG. Is it about stuffin all those regions together to get paid, or is somebody not thinking straight? Mass confusion is guaranteed. What next?

spyderchick

Tez, give me a call. I need to know if you need your leathers for MAM. (and we can talk ;))
Alexa
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteTez, give me a call. I need to know if you need your leathers for MAM. (and we can talk ;))
Alexa
Lucky dog!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

duc995@aol.com

I know that I have had enough of CCS this year and won't be back for next!