News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS is wack!!!!

Started by Tezboogie, June 11, 2003, 04:27:44 PM

Tezboogie

I've tried my best to keep an favorable view of this sanctioning body but, today they showed me why so many racers are P O'd at them all the time, and I mean ALL THE TIME!
Last year, they scored me wrong in a money race, at the last double points event of the year (Gateway). I didn't officially file a protest on paper because the people that I know "VERY" well at CCS said that they would take care of it. Myself, Kevin Gordon, and Chris Weeden were in a points battle at the time, so every point mattered. It took them a few months but, I finally got the points that they owed me, but no money.
That was last October..... this is the middle of June.
They have given me the runaround so much that im starting to think that they can't be the people that I know.
Anyway, they gave the money and the wood that "I" won to another racer. Even though they gave me my points, they have done nothing about the money that I won, even though they told me over and over and over and over and over.................again that they were going to take care of it. I've left messages for K E, T E, and everybody in between. They NEVER return my calls. I've talked to them in person and on the phone (when I've called them ) so many times that I'm sick of it. They can KEEP the fn money. If this is what it's like to deal with people who call themselves adults, then I would rather deal kids. At least kids don't "CHEAT" and "DECEIVE" like the people that they are suppose to emulate.

Dawn

Tez....

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  

May I suggest to all that read this forum, deal with CCS like you do any business - even if you know the person.  If you need a refund, complete the paperwork and keep copies.  If you follow up with a phone call, write down the date and who you spoke with.  This will give you a paper trail that will help you get the desired out come (may-be).

There are too many facts that can get lost or misunderstood when there is no documentation about the situation.

My $0.02

Dawn   :-/

motomadness

Dawn,

No offense, but how many times must someone be told that things are going to happen, yet nothing gets done.  Tiffiney replied to my note on points, but I know I have sent e-mail directly to her and have at times, not received a reply.  I say that to comment on even you follow the proper channels, some times things don't get done.

If someone tells you they are going to take care of it, then they should take care of it.

mdr14

Thats a crying shame tez, Reminds me of a story last year about some midwest racers. I sent some fuel for them up to a race and only one of the racers paid me for their half of the fuel.

It sounds like your having the same like I did collecting money.

I guess what comes around goes around.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

EX#996

QuoteDawn,

No offense, but how many times must someone be told that things are going to happen, yet nothing gets done.  Tiffiney replied to my note on points, but I know I have sent e-mail directly to her and have at times, not received a reply.  I say that to comment on even you follow the proper channels, some times things don't get done.

If someone tells you they are going to take care of it, then they should take care of it.

Sean:

It was simply a suggestion for everyone on the board. Sheesh!

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

motomadness

Sorry guys, I am a little tired and frustrated.

Please excuse my attitude.

TreyBone

I too have been trying myself to give ccs the "benefit of the doubt", but lately it is getting real hard to do just that :-[  Results, Points, lack of organization, lack of communication, and total lack of concern, have made it real hard for me to "get into" the ccs season much this year. :-/
  I raced at CMP this past weekend with AHRMA and had a great time. Lots of track time, posting of the grids and results were very quick and accurate. It was just an all around good "vibe" around track :)

duc995@aol.com

I think CCS is trying very hard to emulate the AMA...they are known by many to have the previously described attributes by Treybone >:(

Tezboogie

With all do respect Dawn, keeping a paper trail is great for records, but if these people keep saying they're going to do certain things and they don't, then that's just plain WRONG. Why would they tell someone that they're going to do something verbably for eight months and then act like they don't know what the hell you're talking about? I've called them a BUNCH of times and the person I've wanted to talk to is ALWAYS on the phone or out of the office. "What's your # Tez, I'll have them call you back". I can't count how many times that they've said that same sht. You should hear them stutter stepping on the phone, it's a freakin joke!  None of us that race earn a living from this, but some people only race in the classes that pay out the little bit that they do. It's not much but, maybe you can earn a set of tires out of it or whatever it is that you're tryin to win. CCS is suppose to be a proffessionally run organization, and we as racers, should not have to watch every single thing that they do. We work all week and then we go race on the weekend because it's fun, not to deal with all this madness. Maybe they need to hire more people to help out, because the way they're running things right now is terrible.

TZ_Boy

Tez..

Not to rub salt in your wound, but check out the Blackhawk results and see what they have listed as your sponsor for UGP.

funksouljon

Tez, I am in no way defending Dawn, but..... Dawn is in a position between the CCS admin types and the rest of us. Can't exactly let the site turn into a bunch of undefended CCS bashing.

That said, I have had serious thoughts about making the switch to WERA next season due to the many of issues discussed/commented/etc usually to no avail. My experiance with WERA has not been without problems, but obviously issues with CCS are not being handled as well as they could.

funksouljon

QuoteTez..

Not to rub salt in your wound, but check out the Blackhawk results and see what they have listed as your sponsor for UGP.

Perfect example. I have the same problem with mine. I called and spoke to a person over a month ago. My sponsor info still has not been corrected.