QuoteLucky dog!

Dude, you have my #.  ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Litespeed

I haven't been real impressed with CCS this season either since they put the LP practices with the racing on Saturday.  It's not worth the drive anymore for 2 race days where it was somewhat worth it when you could get a full track day in on Friday.  I have only been to one out of town race this year and pretty sure I won't make another one and not really sure what I will race next year if I even race at all.  Unfortunately CCS is the only thing going in my area also so that's not a big help...

Eric Kelcher

Tez when did you notify CCS of a scoring discrenpency(sp? sorry it's late)?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Tezboogie

I notified them on the same day that it happened. I said that if something wasn't done about it, that I was going to call Kevin. The people that were their said not to call Kevin and that "we'll take of it". I said fine. That was 8 months ago. Now everybody is saying that I should have filed some sort of paper work. I took their word for it because I thought they were my friends and now I find myself in this SO easily solvable situation. I have NO reason to lie about something so stupid.  Unreal.

motomadness

What CCS is lacking is a forum where real actions and the feelings of the membership are not only viewed but acted upon as well.

CCS is obviously dysfunctional.  There inlies the problem.  It's so disjointed that there is no obvious remedy.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dawn?

spyderchick

As cool as Dawn is 8), she doesn't work for CCS, she is only the moderator of this forum. AND, this forum is the "Unofficial" CCS forum. That basically means we can vent, celebrate, bench race and talk trash here, but it's not an official channel of communication.  :-/ So What can we do when there's a problem? Don't know. Haven't found an answer for that yet. As Dawn has said before, don't assume anything, leave a wide paper trail, and keep at it until you get results. IF you get results. It sux, but it's all we have.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

THE_D.O.C.

people should sometimes reflect how hard it would be to run an organization as big as ccs, wera, etc. not making excuses, but there are rules provided for every gripe here. seems that some want to steer around those rules, and just conveniently gripe about it here. they thinks that "oooh i'll embarrass them publicly and they'll succumb to my whims" well guess what? if i were kevin, i'd not say a word here. or, i'd say "did you follow proper procedure and fill out the neccessary paperwork?" come on guys.

adiaz

Tez - can you please e-mail me at foreveragr8tfriend@yahoo.com.  Thank you.

Amy

CCS

Tez,

You questioned the results on Sunday morning, nearly 15 hours after they were final. After 30 minutes results are final, otherwise we could never payout purses or assign points, and it is the riders responsibility to check the results before the protest period expires. By not checking them on Saturday, you cheated yourself out of your rightful position and purse.

The people who work at the track are human, and all humans make mistakes, that is why we provide a "double-check" system for the riders to protest scoring errors within a reasonable time period. And if the protest isn't accepted or it is denied, you can follow thw appeals process listed in the rulebook also, just as Chris Onwiler did over Formula 40. Even after you discovered the error, you still never put anything in writing, thus we have no proof you ever requested anything other than the points, and the only proof we have of that is the "adjustment" Tiffiney made on the final point standings. We accepted the responsibility for our mistake, and awarded the points you requested. Is that being unresponsive to you?

Chris,

Your team was given the opportunity afforded to everyone who entered the MAM Team Challenge. The rules call for the same frame that starts the race to finish the race, and switching bikes is not allowed by the rulebook. Regardless of how the now defunct GLRRA used to do it, Formula USA doesn't allow you to change machines during the Team Challenge. Your team was given practice time and the opportunity to race, it is a shame the the machine was not up to the task.

I will look into your requests for refunds, if they were done before the opening of registration for the event, you are entitled to a refund less a $10 admin fee.

Dawn is correct. Keep written records of your financial dealings with us. Write down the name of the person you spoke with when you called, what time you called and what the call was about. There are only two people in this office that are dedicated to road racing, and if by chance you get a hold of someone else who is pitching in to help out, we need to know who it was so we can go back and figure out how to correct any mistakes that might have been made.

If any of you have any further questions on your specific circumstances, please send me an e-mail to kevinelliott@clearchannel.com

Good Day.

Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

THE_D.O.C.

Tezboogie

Yes it was Sunday that I found out that I was scored wrong in Saturdays race. I didn't think I was scored wrong in the first place, that's why I didn't check the sheet. But once I did, I asked if something could be done about them scoring me wrong, and the people who were there said YES. That is the ONLY reason I would be saying what I'm saying. Why would they keep telling me for so long (8 months) not to worry about it, "we'll take care of it" if all they had to say was "we can't help you, you should file a protest". Why did they give me the POINTS and NO MONEY? We discussed the prize money and the points, but I only got points. It was a VERBALL agreement, and they looked me right in my face and said, "we'll take care of it" and I said fine. Humans do make mistakes, and I guess I made one. But whatever, I know now. It's just a shame that I had to say this on here, and some people are upset, because I told the truth on a public forum.

D.O.C.....did you read the posts? Read them again.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteChris,

Your team was given the opportunity afforded to everyone who entered the MAM Team Challenge. The rules call for the same frame that starts the race to finish the race, and switching bikes is not allowed by the rulebook. Regardless of how the now defunct GLRRA used to do it, Formula USA doesn't allow you to change machines during the Team Challenge. Your team was given practice time and the opportunity to race, it is a shame the the machine was not up to the task.

Hi Keven.
I do realize that the rules were clear reguarding the Team Challenge.  It would have been sweet if we could have run one of our other bikes and taken a disqualification.  One of our largest sponsors was there, and signed up as a rider for the challenge.  Like me, he also never got a chance to race.  That day did not work out at all as we had planned.  Our hope was to fire him up, thus getting him more involved in our team.  Instead, he went home disappointed.  I realize that this is not GLRRA or WERA, but wish we could have gotten to ride that day, even if it meant we were disqualified.  Since we had signed the waiver, paid our money, and teched all of our bikes, it doesn't seem like it would have caused any inconvenience.  Still, rules are rules, so we did not make a stink about it at the track.  In my post, I was merely expressing my disappointment over the way things went in that circumstance.  Since the whole purpose of CCS is to allow competitors a place to have fun, maybe that rule could be ammended in the future to allow competitors to at least continue the race on another machine and take an automatic DQ.

Quote #2
I will look into your requests for refunds, if they were done before the opening of registration for the event, you are entitled to a refund less a $10 admin fee.

Thanks for looking into the refund situation.  I did have the ladies in regestration note times on those cancellations, and they were all at the beginning of Saturday morning, before the first bike had entered the course.  I understood the rule to be a refund minus $10, as you just said.  When I called the office later to re apply the refund money, I was told differently.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com