News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bike suggestions...

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 09, 2003, 12:32:11 PM

motard11

Hay Duc, I rode a 636 yesterday and da#* was I impressed :o I think Im gonna get one next week to make a track bike out of. after I get it sorted you can giveit a go as well. I dont guess there gonna give me the one on speedtv so Ill just have to come off with some cabbage! From what I understand it should be legal for ccs and wera as I would like to have it as my new endurance bike What do think :D

GSXR RACER MIKE

I realize that your not up here racing with us in the Midwest regions, but some of the guys in the F40 class are also front runners in other classes. Ed Key is all dominate in the lightweight classes up here and he's like 50ish (feeds it to everybody at Daytona also) and Rodger Hendricks is a very fast front runner in the I-4 classes. I don't think that age is really going to be as much of a factor as invinsibility would be running in the AMA Pro races. Many of the fast AMA Pro guys are either young and invinsible or very experienced after many years of racing. Going into the Pro stuff too soon will most likely put you at the back of the grid (if at all) and you will be lapped multiple times during the race. Yes you can then say you race Pro, but you will also then be the lapper that the front runners are always complaining about.
     I don't know your experience with I-4 bikes, but from what I have heard it is easier to ride a twin due to the power delivery. You may not do as well going to an I-4 bike, some people are better on twins than I-4's and vice versa. But on the other hand you may be better on an I-4 than a twin and smoke everybody, who knows?
     As sdiver68 said about riding a 600 in a HP class on a big track, unless you are incredible on the thing you will probably get a real wake-up call. I have been riding my '99 GSXR 600 in the HW and UL classes so far (noting that I weigh 230 lbs.) and it was embarrassing when I would accelerate next to a 1000 and watch him run away from me (very frustrating!). A new 600 on race fuel and a much lighter rider would definately do better, but I doubt it would be very often they would beat a 1000 on a HP track.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MightyDuc Racing

I was about 230 a year and a half ago...lol.  I'm down to the mid 190's now, but still not a little guy.  I actually had to get used the the twin's power delivery, and the first few times I rode this one I was at way too high of an rpm range in the corners and shifting a lot more than I needed to...lol.  I'm used to it now, but still think I prefer to have the motor screaming in the corners all the time.  Either way, it'll be a long time if ever that I can run anywhere near the front of an AMA race, but I just want to get going so if Hell froze over and I miraculously became fast enough to get a look from a semi-factory team, I just don't want to be old enough that they overlook me.  Motard, I saw a 636 whipping the 750's at Jennings...lol...and it's definitely legal as a MW in CCS...not sure about WERA.  If you are planning on doing endurance races, I'm looking for a ride, either as a guest, fill-in, whatever.  Let me know if you're interested.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM