Bike suggestions...

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 09, 2003, 12:32:11 PM

motard11

Thats kindof my my point. Raceing and wrenching are 2 diffrent sports the problem is both at once is expensive :o  Are you going to road Alanta ?

MightyDuc Racing

nah...moroso is that weekend
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

I understand what you are saying, but a big part of going fast is understanding the bike and everything that's going on.  You are right though...can't afford too much more big stuff.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

motard11

When is the next time youre going to Jennings? I got a bike for you to try ;D

MightyDuc Racing

I'm dying to ride a Motard!!!  Won't be back at jennings any time soon though. :(
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

motard11

Ialso have a A 03GSXR1000 you can try if you promise not to kill ;D

MightyDuc Racing

Sweet!  If I can just keep the front wheel on the ground!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

motard11

Did you resd my post on my first ride on the beast,it scares me. I like a good scare :D

MightyDuc Racing

I have a buddy with a street GSXR 750 that he has built to go fast.  It is a wheelie monster...lol.  Nothing can compare to the shock I got the first time I rode this Duc with flat slides, though...lol.  Wheelie to nut rack in 2 seconds flat!  :o That was the first, and hopefully the last, time I had ever done that to myself...lol. ;D  By the way, it doesn't take much throttle to open up those carbs compared to my sold street SS900! ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

james-redsv

I see you do have 314 points overall, but how did you get 120 pionts for second in LWT GP in one race? Did it happen to be a double points weekend, i guess so? I forgot about those, :o thats why CCS needs to redo the points structure so you wont become an expert after one weekend. Even if you have 500+ overall you can still stay Am if you dont have over 500 in any one class unless you make the top 5 at the end of the year if its your first year as a AM. Dude, you have to crawl before you can run with the experts, stay Am as long as possible to get the experence and go to as many tracks as possible. Unless you just want to be a poser and say you are an EX. Remember you just did your first track day last Jan. and you have never even been to most tracks around the SE. You wont be turning times with the EX when you go to a track you have never been to. The most important thing to have on your side is experence and you have very little at this point. You need to work on corner speed, learning different tracks and not rely on HP down the straights as much. Then when everthing starts coming together in a few years you will have the HP, track knowledge, bike sorted out and the corner speed to run up front with the EX. Dont worry about getting to old to run an AMA race, age has very little to do with speed, experence is way more important than how young you are. Just take a look at how fast the F40 EX class is and there are a tons of so called old guys racing in AMA. I have to agree with sdiver68, its no more safer in the Ex class either. At the rate you are trying to get to the AMA you are going to burnout if you arent careful, just chill,  AMA pro racing isnt going anywhere. One big crash that busts you up good will take all the wind out of your sails and make you rethink your whole plan. About throttle control, you will really know for sure if you have good throttle control when you take out a GSXR 1000, add about 60-70 HP to your Duc and try to ride it. Thats how much power they have and they spin up quicker than a V-twin too. :o Later. ;D

bfkidd

Duc,

You should get a new bike. All of the problems you are having are typical of running a superbike. I have been racing a 750 for 3 years now. I have never had a mechanical. The worst problem I ever had in a race was a false neutral. I never touch the bike. I mean never. I don't even like washing it.

If you look at all the rules for this and next year, the 750's are dead. So don't get one of those. If you plan to run AMA, either get a 600 and run SS or FX, or get a 1000 and run SuperStock.

Also, expert grids are a lot different than amateur. Last year there were more experts on big bikes than 600's. It seems to be changing for this year because of all the new 600's. No matter which class you choose, there will always be fast guys.

MightyDuc Racing

I would stay AM for another year if I thought they'd let me.  Everybody wants to win a championship, right? ;D  However, if I manage to win at the ROC in any of my races, which is a strong possibility if this bike stays together, I cannot stay AM no matter what.  Am I gonna win there, who knows...but I'm sure as Hell gonna try.  I'm sure Jesse Nunn and Michael Mills (among other people) will have something to say about it. :D  Either way, if I can stay AM next year, I probably will, cuz I'd love a year or at least half a year on a 600 or 750 as an AM first before trying to race with Barney and Matt Wait, etc, etc.  ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: