2015 RULES

Started by MACOP1104, September 30, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

MACOP1104

So how many of you are requesting the 565s get banned?     

Slicks in supersport?

remove GP bikes from  GTL TC?

Anything else?

apriliaman

565 is ok if you put a year with the rule,like 1998 and older as an example.The officials need to look at your tech paper better and see what races your in.If they can see you signed up for a class and the bike you bring in tech doesn't match with the rules.Also Like in supersport people have slicks on there bike then get DQ after the race so there needs to be someone at the gate looking for tires before you enter the track.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

vnvbandit

Good comments, and I agree with both of you on all items, especially the DOT tire rule.
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

LWT Racer

SBK Rules for GTL. 

Also, Move the Team Challenege to end of the day on Saturday.  Dad Mazz brought up this idea and I really like it.  People hate waiting around on Sunday waiting for TC to be over, some people have to wait 8 hours for their first sprint.  If it's at the end of the day saturday, say start time 2 or 3. Then all the sprint only guys can grab a beer and watch the race.  It's better for everyone.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

bruce71198

Quote from: Swiest on September 30, 2014, 10:36:16 AM
SBK Rules for GTL. 

I second both of these

Also, Move the Team Challenege to end of the day on Saturday.  Dad Mazz brought up this idea and I really like it.  People hate waiting around on Sunday waiting for TC to be over, some people have to wait 8 hours for their first sprint.  If it's at the end of the day saturday, say start time 2 or 3. Then all the sprint only guys can grab a beer and watch the race.  It's better for everyone.

MAZZ77X

Not to mention sprint racers can now partake in endurance and still be fresh for Sundays remaining sprints........

Moving endurance races to last event of Saturday is a must. Not a substantial downside I could imagine.... :cheers:

MAZZ77X

Quote from: MAZZ77X on September 30, 2014, 07:31:41 PM
Not to mention sprint racers can now partake in endurance and still be fresh for Sundays remaining sprints........

Moving endurance races to last event of Saturday is a must. Not a substantial downside I could imagine.... :cheers:

Someone needs to head this movement up officially with the ccs rule committee via official rule proposals

Capitalview

What about limiting air cooled desmo engines to 900cc in LW classes?

Getting rid of the HW (750cc) class and adding more laps to the other races?  Right now it is mostly 600s anyway. It would also be nice to not try to squeeze 19 races into one day.  At least that is what is happening up in the MW right now.  That could also alleviate some of the mixed classes that aren't safe, like LWGP and ULTB or HWSS and ULWSB.  They could actually have their own races instead.

LWT Racer

They aren't going to do anything to the Air cooled CC limits in lightweight, not going to happen, it's making them money the way it is.   Rules have to make sense for the racers and CCS's bank account.

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Capitalview

I know.

That is also why GP bikes won't be taken out of the GT races...

Woofentino Pugrossi

If we can get back to the 2 day schedules the mixing of classes can be eliminated. Didnt see the mixing when we did racing sat and sundays other than twin sprint weekends.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tony216

I'd hate to go all "WERA-like" with the rulebook, but why not allow GP bikes to race GT classes, but multi-cylinder bikes have to race up a class; 565's would race GTU, a Moto2 bike would race GTO, someone on a 125 or 250 would still be in GTL.

And of course, gridding by points and slicks for everyone.