Hooray!!!

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 05, 2003, 07:16:51 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Well...the bike starts and runs strong with no odd noises, but there is a lot of smoke coming from the vertical cylinder when I rev it a bit.  It is most likely (and hopefully) either a bad ring, valve guide, or something along those lines causing the smoke.  It turns out that the oil on the rear tire was a totally different problem.  I had a banjo bolt back itself out about half way and it was flowing out there.  The smoke and the crash were probably a bit of a blessing since I crashed before I could run the motor dry and blow it up.  Either way, it looks like with under $100 in parts, some elbow grease, and a lot of JB Weld and fiberglass repair kits, I'll be ready for Moroso Memorial Weekend!  Woohoo!   ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Bernie

Safety wire that puppy. :o

GAMEDIC

Glad to hear that..so i will see you at Robling right? ;D

james-redsv

Any bolt with oil behind it should be safety wired as the rule books states. The bike should not have passed tech!. :o You need to get that bike sorted before you hurt yourself or someone else. Im glad I couldnt make it to Jennings, you might have gotten me hurt if I had been there.  Dont take this the wrong way but you seem to be overly aggressive, riding over your head and putting yourself, others in more danger than needed. Remember this is Am racing and most if not all of us have to make it to a real job on Monday.  ???

MightyDuc Racing

Actually, the rule book does not require those to be wired.  I cleared it with tech before I got there AND once I was there.  It was wired on the old motor, and I am wiring it now.  I don't feel I'm riding over my head either.  I'm curious as to why you would say that.  The only reason I fell down is the oil on the tire.  I am quite capable of sliding the bike around the track without falling off of it. The run into the trees was just one of those racing deals and I was going for the lead.  Nothing too over-aggressive or I would've taken us both out.  

Greg....It's all up to the money now on Roebling.  If I have a monster month here at work, I'll be there...anything less and I can't. :(
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

lil_thorny

hey mighty,
i'm no motorcycle mechanic, but i can only assume
that the motor doesn't like being upside down.
it may just be some oil burning from the chamber.
taht happened to my 600 when i went off a clover
as a squid .... but it worked itself out with some time
and good gas...
my .02
Benji.

MightyDuc Racing

Nah...it was smoking for half a lap before I went down.  They were just getting ready to black flag me.  Only smokes out of the right pipe.  I really think it's something that didn't break in properly on the new motor.  I'm calling BCM this morning.  I'll keep ya posted.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

lil_thorny

oh, well good luck with it.
Benji.
 too aggressive? is there such a thing...this is racing
isn't it? that's what i've been told anyhoo.
 three izzo......

tigerblade

Sounds like catastrophe was averted this time.  Woo hoo!   8)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MightyDuc Racing

My wallet is relieved and pleasantly surprised...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tigerblade

Maybe Fate is trying to tell you something.  Like:

Trade it for a Honda while you still can...

;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: