News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Hooray!!!

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 05, 2003, 07:16:51 PM

james-redsv

Lets see, rule 5.2.13 in the CCS rule book says all oil, fuel and coolant carring hoses or lines must be secured at all conecteing points by clips, clamps, safety wire or otherwise secured by acceptable means. Yours wasnt and it shouldnt have passed tech! You need to reread what you wrote on your first post, A bad Weekend at Jennings, then you will understand why you sound like you were riding over your head. Almost running into someone, then running off the track, then almost hitting them again coming back onto the track. Sounds to me like you werent in control. I will surely stay away from you if you make it to Roebling. Please keep riding this bike, it seems like it cant even finish so you wont be a factor when the checked flag drops. ;D

MightyDuc Racing

I had established myself on the inside going into turn 3, and the other rider didn't see me.  So rather than take us both out, I grabbed a handful of brakes, clipped his rear with my front, and went straight through the grass at a section that goes left, right, then left again, thus sending me nearly into him again as he came around.  It was a racing incident.  Had I been "riding over my head" or "out of control", I would've taken us both out.  Instead, I managed, I say managed because you think I can't ride I guess, to keep in on two wheels at well over 120 mph through three sections of grass.  I called CCS and Henry DeGouw to check on my banjo bolts as to whether they needed to be wired, and was told no by all parties.  Then I had the bike double checked at tech since it was a new motor, and checked again after the first incident before going out for my second race.  As far as that goes, since I was once again riding beyond my abilities, I managed to run a 1:24.6 with oil on the rear tire and save a near highside in turn one, which is a 4th gear corner.  But I really suck and am a danger to all.  Did I mention that I didn't knock anybody else down?  If I make it to Roebling, and believe me, I want to, I doubt you'll have to worry about running anywhere near me.  Stick to track days if you don't want to ride with people that want to win.  I fully intend to keep getting faster, and I also don't believe I'm any danger to any other rider on the track.  Why don't you speak with the guys I was racing with and see what they have to say.  Michael Mills, Scuba Steve on this board, even John Linder, one of the top SV riding Experts in the country.  Then, once you have learned a bit more about me, come with an educated opinion. ::)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

james-redsv

Man, when did they stop inforcing the rules??? The tech guys made me trim a 1 on my numbers so it wouldnt get confused with a 7 last year which I thought was a bit much. Anyway when your bike pukes oil all over your tire and the track you are a danger. I have been behind experts on Harleys and its not  pretty dodging oil. I know it happens sometimes by accdent but this could have been avoided if the rules were followed. I hope you will be able to turn 1.22-1.24 at roebling or you will be bringing up the rear in super twins. The SVs in LWGP will be doing 1.23-1.25. I know you havent been there so get there early and pratice. Those of us that live close are fast there. Good luck with your duck, it shouldnt be smoking. Check valve seals first, then rings. Thats really the only things it could be. ;D

MightyDuc Racing

Didn't mean to snap at you, but don't pre-judge somebody.  I am really gonna try to come up, but it all comes down to how much software I can sell this month.  Unfortunately, I'd only be able to get there late Friday night probably and get I guess 2 sessions Saturday morning.  I watched Trey Bone's vid of his race, and the track looks fairly easy.  I'm sure there's some tough spots though.  I'd say I have a 50/50 chance of coming up. :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

StuartV666

QuoteI had established myself on the inside going into turn 3, and the other rider didn't see me.  So rather than take us both out, I grabbed a handful of brakes, clipped his rear with my front, and went straight through the grass at a section that goes left, right, then left again, thus sending me nearly into him again as he came around.  It was a racing incident.  Had I been "riding over my head" or "out of control", I would've taken us both out.

This is pretty much the same story you told me on Sunday when you came by my pit. I listened with an open mind. When you walked off, I turned to my girlfriend, who was sitting there listening to the whole thing too, and said (in amazement) "did I just hear him correctly?! Did he really just tell me that he hit somebody from behind and he's pissed about it and now he's going to find the guy to have a "chat" with him??" And my girlfriend said "yep, that's what I got out of it."

Let me be very clear about my personal opinion. If you hit somebody FROM BEHIND (e.g. "clipped his rear with your front"), and there was no extenuating circumstances (e.g. the guy's motor died or he saw a red flag and chopped the throttle or something like that), then it is YOUR FAULT, and either, A, you did it on purpose, or, B, you were riding over your head/out of control.

What else can be said about this?

QuoteDid I mention that I didn't knock anybody else down?

It sounds like the fact that you didn't knock the guy down that you DID hit was your and his good luck, not a credit to your being under control and not riding over your head.

I have been hit from behind on numerous occasions - some times taken out, and some times keeping it up. I've seen other guys get hit from behind. And it never fails to amaze me when the person who hits from behind somehow thinks it wasn't their fault. Did they all sleep through that part of rider's school??

If you hit somebody from behind and all it is to you is "a racing incident" (as opposed to a serious f-up on your part), then I sincerely hope we will not ever be on the track at the same time.

I did contact another rider once, when I came from behind him. Fortunately, all I did was leave a long tire mark down the thigh of his leathers as we went under the bridge, after the Gravity Cavity, at Road Atlanta in about '92. After the race, I went and found him and apologized profusely.

This is not NASCAR and rubbin' is NOT racing.

- Stu

MightyDuc Racing

Stu...you just misunderstood.  I was beside (even with him) him going into 3...when I realized he didn't see me on the inside, I grabbed a handful of brakes (don't normally slow down there) and clipped the left side of his rear tire as I stood it up when he came from the outside to the inside of the track.  I didn't run into the back of the guy...lol.  Either way, it was just racing and I know the guy and we talked about it and decided it was nobody's fault, just racing.  If I was out of control, I would have broadsided him and we both would have crashed.  I sincerely hope you don't really think I'm a menace on the track.  
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

By the way, it was nice meeting you up there.  Kent at GMD is a super nice guy, really helped me out quite a bit Sunday morning.  How'd you do, by the way?
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

mmills416

Bryan did just fine out there.  He was alittle excited, but won't you be If you were leading in your second race weekend.  His bike got tons of HP, if he gets the suspension sorted and the thing stays together he'll do great.  You got to give props to the guy for riding what he loves, I couldn't do it. I rode a frankestien DUC 750 last year and I couldn't go faster than a 1:34 at jennings.  I ran 4 1:23.03 back to back on the SV.  His bikes got a lot of potential if it will stay together, look at Jerry Wood.  
See ya at Moroso

Mills 416

MightyDuc Racing

Funny...BCM builds Wood's motors too.  I just gotta learn to tune the darn thing now.  Watch out for Mills next year experts, he can fly on that SV!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

ScubaSteve

Alright since i was the rider he clipped im going to put in my 2 cents. I saw his front wheel at the last second pretty much even to my rear i thought he had enough room to stay on the track on the inside line but next thing i new i felt him hit my rear tire.It didnt bother me any I knew it was his second race and he was excited to be leading  especially since i was behind him and ive been around the track a million times i had just passed him the lap before and he tryed to out HP me down the back stretch which he almost did.lol. he might have been riding over his head a few times but hey We all do. If you dont think you do you are full of it. I know i have!!  Its all a part of racing. Bryan next time you just need to be a lil bit more patient we still had about 5 laps left. I will be at moroso battling it out with mike and bryan again im sure
Steve

CCS FL

mmills416

WHAT UP, you slow *ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScubaSteve

I know your not talkin to me mr mills i do remember beating you twice already ;D
Steve

CCS FL