News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Homestead

Started by Blackbeener, December 03, 2012, 07:42:09 AM

MELK-MAN

Quote from: design-engine on December 12, 2012, 02:38:58 PM
< Homestead race. I was still trying to figure out the track  I needed another day to get a faster laptime at homestead

< Fernando Ferreira Silva Crashes into the back of Greg Milka on the start of this Homestead race. Hospitals suck! he did 4 days.

E not an I .. Melka .. not Milka . Gracias..
My buddies in the garage told me rains were not the call, but i had just been out in LW before this race and it was coming down a bit near the end of that one.. figured it WAS the call. Big mistake, but i was wanting to error on the "safe" side if it was slick. No way, no how. Everyone but Barret and I were on dot/slicks. been a long time since i made the wrong call on rains/no rains.

Bart, don't be afraid to ask guys in our class for gearing advice  . most will be happy to help out. If i had the same bike as you i would tell ya no questions. You are fast enough that you need to have the gearing in the ballpark to start. Daytona was same deal.. find a fast guy and ask. If ya can't find someone, ask me and i will find someone that can steer ya in the right direction. Email/Pm Carlie long. he is a good guy, fast as fuck, and rides a zuk.

I have no idea why Fernando came down that far from the outside row of row1. Possible the banking we start on had him head down as he let the clutch out? no idea. All i know is i got CREAMED from the right side by Nico who got a great jump. But you can clearly see in the vid Pedro Valiente posted Fernando forced him to the left. It was a REAL bummer that Fernando crashed, it looked nasty, and i am very sad he was as hurt as he was.. As i understand he will be fine, but that was UGLY.. 
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

design-engine

thanks greg.  I sure had fun down there in FL with you guys.  Looks like I will be teaching a Pro/ENGINEER workshop in Tamp in Jan or Feb so Ill be back there to ride some mx tracks or trails with you greg.  Definatly be back for Homestead, Savanna and Jennings.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: design-engine on December 13, 2012, 03:47:06 PM
thanks greg.  I sure had fun down there in FL with you guys.  Looks like I will be teaching a Pro/ENGINEER workshop in Tamp in Jan or Feb so Ill be back there to ride some mx tracks or trails with you greg.  Definatly be back for Homestead, Savanna and Jennings.

with the rain we have had the past few days, the trails at Croom park in the woods are epic! no dust, lots of traction. I am wore out, rode with some fast open-A guys today. Amazing training..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice