Is the MW schedule a little crazy or is it just me

Started by Dawn, April 30, 2003, 04:45:04 PM

Dawn

I'm looking at the MW schedule (perhaps it just didn't register before) and it goes as follows:

April 5-6th BHF
April 25-27th RA (3 weeks between races)
May 10-11 BHF (2 weeks between races)
May 23-25 Mid America (2 weeks between races)
May 31 - June 1 BHF (1 week between races)

HOLY SMOKES!  Three race weekends in 4 weeks.  Who can travel that much?  Not I, work won't allow it.  Oh well, there goes our chance at a championship.  If another LW guy can make it to all the dates, they may have it wrapped up.

Dawn   :'(

tzracer

I can.

Schools on May 10 (BHF), May 17 (Gingerman) and May31 (BHF). Also planning on going to MAM with Dean H. 4 weekends in a row. BHF isn't really traveling, less than an hour from home.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Dawn

I'm glad you can Brian but we can't, plus the travel involved...

BHF - 4 hours 15 minutes
RA - 2 hours
Mid America - 11 hours or so..

Sheesh! Poor Stumpy, he's in the UP so it is even longer for them.

Dawn   :-/

stumpy

Ya I've been kinda stressin' that. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't make it. Just the gas expense itself is alot more. MAM is like 14 hrs away :'( I really really want to go though. I would have to take a couple more days just for travel. Dont' think its possible....Oh well it's all good though at least I'm fortunate enough to make the ones I can :)
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Protein Filled

I think that having that many races in one region will eventually cost CCS money.

My theory may be wrong, but my reaoning is that I race CRA and CCS both.  Last year I raced all the midwest CCS races as well as a few CRA weekends. It was waaaay too much, so I had to make a decision this year on what I was going to do. If CCS would have only had 8 to 10 weekends, then I would have done as many CCS races as possible and then maybe one or 2 CRA races, but since there are 13 midwest weekends, I decided to do all 6 CRA races and make as many CCS races as I could.

Sometimes more is less...
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Admit it Edgar.  You're just afraid of Casper and me. ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

MightyDuc Racing

On the other end of the spectrum...we have a 2 month gap between rounds...May 26-July 19...ouch.  I guess I am spoiled as far as traveling...didn't realize ya'll went 11-14 hours to race.  My longest drive is Jennings at 5.5 hours.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteI'm glad you can Brian but we can't, plus the travel involved...

BHF - 4 hours 15 minutes
RA - 2 hours
Mid America - 11 hours or so..

Sheesh! Poor Stumpy, he's in the UP so it is even longer for them.

Dawn   :-/

Hmmm, for me....
RA - 2.75 hrs
MAM - 8 hrs
BHF - 20 MINUTES. ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

MightyDuc Racing

Is it just me, or does MAM seem like it should be in a different region (based on you all's driving times posted)?  Where the heck is it, Utah???

;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

SliderPhoto

sdiver68

April 5-6 BHF 6 hours
April 25-27 RA 8 hours
May 17-18 Gingerman 10 hours
May 23-25 MAM 6 hours

Northern Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Iowa in a region that is supposed to be centered in St. Louis?

Hmmmm

Funnier  ::) still, all NORTH in the early Spring???

Still don't know how Great Plains ended up in Gingerman instead of BHF the weekend before.... ::)
MCRA Race School Instructor

oh344ccs

your schedule is nuts.  I wanted to race in the MW but, 12 rounds all 8hrs. away ???. had to try that other org..  First round this weekend ;D ;D  at Putnam. I think CCS should break up the races into more regions, they could still get all the entries, but a racer could race 8 races for a title.  I mean really at about 1K average for a weekend, how much can most of us spend for a hobby(face it you'll never be Bostrom)  ;D.