Is the MW schedule a little crazy or is it just me

Started by Dawn, April 30, 2003, 04:45:04 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteHmmm, for me....
RA - 2.75 hrs
MAM - 8 hrs
BHF - 20 MINUTES. ;D ;D ;D

Rob, Do you live in Rockford, Illinois also? By the travel times you listed it looks as though you do. I make somewhat better time than that to MAM, more like 6 1/2 -7 hours or so. That is the farthest track for me on the MW schedule, so this years schedule couldn't be too much better in my case.
     Since I am doing all 3 regions schedules (MW,GL, & GP), I will be doing 16 events this season. The 1 event (other than Daytona) that will require a bit of driving for me will be Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama. I am actually looking forward to the BMP event in August, even though it is in the middle of a 3 consecutive weekend string of events including RA and BHF.
     Starting with the BHF event next weekend I will be going to 4 events that are on 4 consecutive weekends in a row, that's going to be interesting.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super_KC124

With all the dates and all the twin sprint weekends, I'm skipping quite a few races. Too much money for me. :'(

DRU2

Did anyone notice that its Mothersday the next weekend at Blackhawk. This is the second year that Mom got the short end of the stick. Going to have to think about this one!

Super_KC124

Just bring Mom along. What a great present! ;D

Pit_Girl

Quote(face it you'll
     never be Bostrom)  .

well, we can dream, cant we? ;D  ;D ;D 8)

besides...who wants to dream of being one of the Bostroms when you could be Rossi :P  ;D

-jennifer

EX#996

QuoteDid anyone notice that its Mothersday the next weekend at Blackhawk. This is the second year that Mom got the short end of the stick. Going to have to think about this one!

We're bringing Paul's mom along.  There is nothing better than having a day at the track with family.

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

Quoteyour schedule is nuts.  I wanted to race in the MW but, 12 rounds all 8hrs. away ???. had to try that other org..  First round this weekend ;D ;D  at Putnam. I think CCS should break up the races into more regions, they could still get all the entries, but a racer could race 8 races for a title.  I mean really at about 1K average for a weekend, how much can most of us spend for a hobby(face it you'll never be Bostrom)  ;D.  

I agree.  The midwest has 13 race weekends with two of those being twin sprint weekends.  If there were 8 to 10 we may be able to pull it off, but 15 full race schedules is way to much.  

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Nate R

Yeah, I think it's out of hand. That's a LOT of events. No hopes of a championship EVER if I can only make it to RAs and BHFs. But, that's the way it goes, I guess.

Also, yeah, me and Jennifer sure did notice it's Mother's day then.  Because of that, she can't go  watch me race. Again.  :( :'(
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

StumpysWife

Stumpy's mom will be with us again.  And Dad.  And Aunt Judy.  And cousin Alana.  Did I mention I'm going, too?  I'm a mom.....to a weiner dog!!!!!!!!    

I really can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day myself ;D.  My mom and grandma are most definitely not joining us.  After hearing the toned down version of events at RA, grandma asked if he's done now.  Ahhhh no.  

EX#996

QuoteStumpy's mom will be with us again.  And Dad.  And Aunt Judy.  And cousin Alana.  Did I mention I'm going, too?  I'm a mom.....to a weiner dog!!!!!!!!    

I really can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day myself ;D.  My mom and grandma are most definitely not joining us.  After hearing the toned down version of events at RA, grandma asked if he's done now.  Ahhhh no.  

My parents won't come either.  One of my dad's drivers of his stock car became paralized after dad pulled him from a burning car (mid 70's, no automatic fire extinguishers in the cars) so now he thinks that is going to happen to Paul  ::).  It doesn't mean that it can't happen, but they think it will.  Plus, a good friend of theirs was killed a few years ago stock car racing.  My parents seem to forget the many, many years of racing that occurred before and after that unfortunate day where there was no injuries.  Oh well, nothing I can do about that one.

Grandma on the other hand....  Paul's grandma asked how he did and I told her.  Now if she remembers that today is another matter.  Its great, you can tell her the same story over, and over, and over again.   ;D

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tzracer

My job (college physics instructor) is good and bad when it comes to vacation time. According to my contract I get 3 days of vacation per school year and I do not get to choose them (Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving and Friday before Easter). Spring break and Christmas break are not vacation, I am unemployed during those times - they are not days included in my contract. In addition I get 2 personal days. However my year ends in mid May and begins at the end of August. I did go to college for 8 years (5 years undergraduate - BS Physics and BS Math, 3 years graduate school - MS Physics) to become eligible for my job. I do work during the summer (industrial laser operator/programmer), but that job has no vacation days, I just tell them when I won't be at work. The main reason I go to most races is due to my commitment with Learning Curves.

Dawn, do you need to take vacation days to race at BHF?
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

EX#996

QuoteDawn, do you need to take vacation days to race at BHF?

Yeah, and so does Paul.  We make it work, but sometimes you have  :-* your supervisor a bit.

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton