News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Roebling Role Call

Started by clarustnb, February 29, 2012, 12:37:52 PM

PlayHard

Quote from: Gino230 on March 12, 2012, 09:49:22 PM
Great weekend.

My first visit to Roebling, it's a challenging track. I wasn't able to get there Friday, had some bike issues Saturday, so very little practice time. I wish I would have gone faster, but trying to learn the track, trying to learn new tires (swapped to Dunlops for 2012), trying to learn a new bike that didn't want to run was a bit much for me.

At least by the end of the weekend I was keeping you guys in sight, so that's an accomplishment. Visiting a new track is great for getting back to basics and un-learning bad habits- even though it wasn't my best performance, I felt good about it at the end of the weekend.

The drive was not as bad as I thought- about the same as Jennings for us South Florida guys.

CCS is making good improvements with their technology, and it's about time! Hopefully soon we'll be registering online....? CCS staff has gotten alot better, but there's still a few holdouts- that's one thing I don't get- CCS complains about low turnouts, but some staff members continue to treat racers like they should be happy to be there instead of treating them like customers. This isn't the old days where they can afford to treat racers any way they want. I'm not complaining, but I like racing CCS and would love to see the big grids come back- i.e. I don't want to see them losing any more racers, for any reason.

Thanks for the videos, looks like those SV's are definitely faster than they were at Daytona....

Nice to meet you Gino, Hopefully see you at Jennings.
CCS / WERA EX #95

LoneStar

A trying, but fantastic weekend at Roebling.  Definitely a fun and fast track.  Unfortunately, I had bike problems and had to open the engine case and unjam things.  Even after that, the bike wasn't shifting correctly.  I actually packed up to go home, but after a good night's sleep, realized that grids might be small in AM SuperTwins and could still run the track with the bike the way it was, stuck in 3rd/4th gear.  Completely possible as Roebling is a fast and flowing track.  So, I practiced getting the bike rolling from a stop in 3rd/4th gear and was able to do it while pushing with my feet and slipping the clutch slowly.  It was gonna look silly on grid starting that way but I didn't care.

I knew I would come in dead last but I wouldn't come home to DC (9-hours) empty-handed.  I DNS'ed AM MW & HW SuperBike b/c I wouldn't even score a point in there with the bike as it was and the SuperTwins grid was posted as 3 bikes -- CHA-CHING!!!  Four bikes were actually on grid, but one bike false started and got meatballed.  YEAH!  I also managed to suck out a 7th place finish in Formula 40. 

Persistance pays in this sport.  Double-points in this case :D
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

Super Dave

Just getting bits and pieces, everyone.

And I'd like more...

I guess motolaptimes doesn't have any lap times from the new transmitter system?  And there's no results on the CCS site... 
Super Dave

Kadius

Quote from: Super Dave on March 13, 2012, 02:31:33 PM
Just getting bits and pieces, everyone.

And I'd like more...

I guess motolaptimes doesn't have any lap times from the new transmitter system?  And there's no results on the CCS site...

Lap times aren't up yet, but results are!
AM #116