News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Roebling Role Call

Started by clarustnb, February 29, 2012, 12:37:52 PM

clarustnb

Ok - I've been sitting here clicking refresh for too long.  Next week can't come soon enough!

This is going to be my first time down to Roebling. From Philly it's going to be a nice and solid 13 hours in the van.  Who else is going to be down there in the LWs with me?  Any important things to keep in mind? I'm planning to bring the SV in the van Friday evening, set up camp and stay there till Sunday afternoon.

Is electric easy to get at?
Any preferred spots for camping?
How are the showers?

I've heard the track is easy to pick up, at least I'm hoping. I couldn't get enough time off to come and practice Friday, so my first time on the bike for the year [since August] will be practice session 1.

Anything else to ask / talk about to pass the time before I get in the car Thursday?
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

LoneStar

From what I saw, electric was free.  Just a bunch of outlets on wooden posts.  No lock boxes.
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

roadracer162

Here you go Ben. Some study material but it isn't the same as being on the bike. The track can be deceptive and it is primarily a fast track. The video is of my Ducati 800 which is relatively stock but is considered a SB build due to no airbox.

Camping is almost anywhere you put your tent or camper on the infield in the paddock. Showers are like many campgrounds with hot showers. Electric is not guaranteed so bring your own. I plan to be there in my sporttentz unless my buddy makes it and I room with him.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Gixxerblade

Going. MWs raise your hand too.

apriliaman

I'll be there.i can give you some tips when I'm there.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

clarustnb

Cool - thanks for the offers.

Mark - Thanks for the video, I think I ran across your video when I was starting to research.  The wife and I enjoyed sofa racing with it last night.

Thursday can't come soon enough!
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909

MELK-MAN

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

roadracer162

Quote from: clarustnb on March 01, 2012, 10:49:28 AM
Cool - thanks for the offers.

Mark - Thanks for the video, I think I ran across your video when I was starting to research.  The wife and I enjoyed sofa racing with it last night.

Thursday can't come soon enough!

Excellent. I am glad I can entertain. You should hear me sing.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

JOHN 3:16

I will be there Friday evening.
CCS Chaplain

clarustnb

Yea John! Jen is whipping up the chocolate chip cookie bars in preparation too!
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909

Rick Johnson 29

Ben it's best to call the track and see how late the gates will be open Friday night. Generally they close at 10pm but sometimes CCS has them keep them open another hour or so. Worst case if you get there after there is a big grass parking lot just outside the gate you can park. Maybe set up a tent if you want until the morning when they open about 7am. Incase you didn't know Nate Kern is hosting a Friday practice day if you want to come a day early and practice. I'll be there for the big bike classes!
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Gorilla

I'm in for the big bike stuff. First time with CCS  :thumb:
WERA, CCS, ASRA EX 716 - MPH ENDURANCE -   MOTORCYCLE POWER HOUSE - HALLS MOTORSPORTS - KTM - SUZUKI - PIRELLI - SBS - PIT-BULL - M4 - MOTUL - VP

PlayHard

I'm in, Just got the motor back in the SV.  Been down since Daytona.     Been riding the dirtbike all winter but can't wait to get back on the track. 

Ben, plenty of electric outlets so no worries there.  If your going to use the showers, then you'll want to camp by the new ones.  Enter the track and take a right, you'll see them a ways down of the left.  Track is pretty easy to learn, new asphalt and great grip. 
CCS / WERA EX #95

clarustnb

Fantastic guys - Spent the little bit of heat we had up here this weekend putting the plastics on one last time, cleaning up the van so I can live out of it this weekend and doing all the house chores that won't get done next weekend.

Lets get this racing going!
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909

truckstop

Thanks for posting the video. That was on my list of things to do today since we've never been there. The layout reminds me a wee bit of Putnam.

My brain does not compute that racing season has started though. It's too early. Season should start at the end of April at the earliest. :) X and I will be there this weekend racing with the USGPRU kids. Looks like the 125 will be a lot of fun there.

I read the other thread about the transponder shipment. It looks like if we ordered them, and have not received them yet, they'll be at RRR?

clarustnb

That is what I have heard [transponder].  I'm just bringing a pouch and a few zip ties.  I figure that should cover me for anything.

My brain clicked into race season as soon as the temperature hit 70 in Philly [2 weeks ago!!!]
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909

LoneStar

i had my first experience with Roebling Road on 20 Feb.  The track does not have a bridge or a tunnel to be able to go in and out of paddock when the track is hot.

how does CCS handle this?  when can you come and go from the paddock?  the track day i went to arranged for it in between sessions.

truckstop

Blackhawk is like that. We just wait in between sessions. Not a big deal besides when it's a team challenge race and you have to wait 2 hours.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: PlayHard on March 04, 2012, 09:19:59 PM
I'm in, Just got the motor back in the SV.  Been down since Daytona.     Been riding the dirtbike all winter but can't wait to get back on the track. 

Ben, plenty of electric outlets so no worries there.  If your going to use the showers, then you'll want to camp by the new ones.  Enter the track and take a right, you'll see them a ways down of the left.  Track is pretty easy to learn, new asphalt and great grip. 

ah yes! forgot about the newer showers further down Al, thanks. not stayin there, but nice to get one in after the races for the drive home.

Supergirl

give us some updates, guys and gals!!!!
IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

Gixxerblade

Besides a little rain late yesterday afternoon the weather has been great. Had one racer medevac'd today but latest word says he is okay.   Please keep him in your thoughts.  Some very close racing and an overall great time so far. 2011 SE Awards Banquet is happening right now.

Super Dave

Quote from: Gixxerblade on March 10, 2012, 06:47:04 PM
Besides a little rain late yesterday afternoon the weather has been great. Had one racer medevac'd today but latest word says he is okay.   Please keep him in your thoughts.  Some very close racing and an overall great time so far. 2011 SE Awards Banquet is happening right now.
Nice!  Great weather all over...but you're racing.  :)  Enjoy!
Super Dave

PlayHard

Great Weekend!  It was fun getting back in the mix after a long winter off.  Really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  Man, the racing action was intense.  I was a little down on myself after Saturdays GTL event but managed to get back into my old form for Sundays Sprint races.  The old Army Green SV ran strong all weekend..... :thumb:
CCS / WERA EX #95

MELK-MAN

for sure guys and gals. Was an awesome weekend of racing for sure, LOTS of racers and good racing. Was nice to see such a good turnout. It looked like to me there were larger grids than the past couple years??

metricdevilmoto

Definitely. It was our first time at Roebling and we loved the track and the good size grids.

Anyone know the name of the guys doing photos? We took one of their cards, but misplaced it during the load up.
Mike Faillace, #610 AM
Metric Devil Moto, Team Pro-Motion, Penske, DesignStar3, Pirelli, Full Spectrum Power, Heroic Racing Apparel

roadracer162

Quote from: PlayHard on March 12, 2012, 11:14:50 AM
Great Weekend!  It was fun getting back in the mix after a long winter off.  Really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  Man, the racing action was intense.  I was a little down on myself after Saturdays GTL event but managed to get back into my old form for Sundays Sprint races.  The old Army Green SV ran strong all weekend..... :thumb:

Al, certainly the SV is much stronger than last year. Sorry about my last lap goof up in front of you. I was just not on it this whole weekend even though Sunday was better. Tire pressure issues and a lack of ride time did me in. Setting tire pressures at 40degree ambient temps, then racing at 70 degree ambient temps caused a ridiculous tire pressure even though I checked pressures going to onto the track. GT lights started well but turned ugly very quickly when I ran off in T2 and narrowly missing the trees.

From there the bike just didn't feel right so I pulled in and found the rear at three pounds too high. It was some fun, scary racing with the slower, bigger bikes in front of the Lightweight field. The only place to pass were in the corners and that takes some talent to get through cleanly. Guys leaning on others with a shoulder, clipping elbows in fast turns, and fairing bashing when paths cross were all observed from my seat. I am just glad it wasn't me doing it. On the race bike is "the best seat in the house".

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

PlayHard

No Goof Mark, just hard racing and I loved it!  Having Keese take 2nd from me and you 3rd all on the last lap and second to last turn in traffic was some crazy riding.....  Thanks for taking me down the rumble strips, think that slowed you down just enough to allow me to take 3rd back at the line.  Here's the video footage from that race.  Hard to follow who's, who because it was a multi-class race which included both middle weight and LT WT Bikes.  Fun Stuff!!!! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dx-ySOQGs&feature=youtu.be
CCS / WERA EX #95

roadracer162

Yes Al it was a great experience racing you both. The middleweights were moving safety cones which through in that extra measure of excitement. On T6 of the last lap I had a good head of steam pulling away from you when you lost your momentum, but then I was blocked by that other lapper that caused me to get out of the gas to go around. From there I just couldn't get rolling again, and yes I felt the rear spin up on the rumble strips.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

hagasan

Are laptimes/results going to be posted anywhere?

roadracer162

I would say yes. If you look at the CCS site there is a link to it for the first races at Homestead

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Gino230

Great weekend.

My first visit to Roebling, it's a challenging track. I wasn't able to get there Friday, had some bike issues Saturday, so very little practice time. I wish I would have gone faster, but trying to learn the track, trying to learn new tires (swapped to Dunlops for 2012), trying to learn a new bike that didn't want to run was a bit much for me.

At least by the end of the weekend I was keeping you guys in sight, so that's an accomplishment. Visiting a new track is great for getting back to basics and un-learning bad habits- even though it wasn't my best performance, I felt good about it at the end of the weekend.

The drive was not as bad as I thought- about the same as Jennings for us South Florida guys.

CCS is making good improvements with their technology, and it's about time! Hopefully soon we'll be registering online....? CCS staff has gotten alot better, but there's still a few holdouts- that's one thing I don't get- CCS complains about low turnouts, but some staff members continue to treat racers like they should be happy to be there instead of treating them like customers. This isn't the old days where they can afford to treat racers any way they want. I'm not complaining, but I like racing CCS and would love to see the big grids come back- i.e. I don't want to see them losing any more racers, for any reason.

Thanks for the videos, looks like those SV's are definitely faster than they were at Daytona....
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

MELK-MAN

good to see so many of the "south Florida gang" there this weekend for sure Gino!

Gino230

Anybody know who was taking photos?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gixxerblade

Kadius

Outstanding weekend @ Roebling! That is one fun track. Being that it was my first time there, I'm glad I took Friday off from work to practice. It helped me learn the track tremendously. Best racing results for me so far (5th or 6th in all but one race) and a best time of 1:19.124.

Hope I can keep this up for JGP in a couple weeks.
AM #116

PlayHard

Quote from: Gino230 on March 12, 2012, 09:49:22 PM
Great weekend.

My first visit to Roebling, it's a challenging track. I wasn't able to get there Friday, had some bike issues Saturday, so very little practice time. I wish I would have gone faster, but trying to learn the track, trying to learn new tires (swapped to Dunlops for 2012), trying to learn a new bike that didn't want to run was a bit much for me.

At least by the end of the weekend I was keeping you guys in sight, so that's an accomplishment. Visiting a new track is great for getting back to basics and un-learning bad habits- even though it wasn't my best performance, I felt good about it at the end of the weekend.

The drive was not as bad as I thought- about the same as Jennings for us South Florida guys.

CCS is making good improvements with their technology, and it's about time! Hopefully soon we'll be registering online....? CCS staff has gotten alot better, but there's still a few holdouts- that's one thing I don't get- CCS complains about low turnouts, but some staff members continue to treat racers like they should be happy to be there instead of treating them like customers. This isn't the old days where they can afford to treat racers any way they want. I'm not complaining, but I like racing CCS and would love to see the big grids come back- i.e. I don't want to see them losing any more racers, for any reason.

Thanks for the videos, looks like those SV's are definitely faster than they were at Daytona....

Nice to meet you Gino, Hopefully see you at Jennings.
CCS / WERA EX #95

LoneStar

A trying, but fantastic weekend at Roebling.  Definitely a fun and fast track.  Unfortunately, I had bike problems and had to open the engine case and unjam things.  Even after that, the bike wasn't shifting correctly.  I actually packed up to go home, but after a good night's sleep, realized that grids might be small in AM SuperTwins and could still run the track with the bike the way it was, stuck in 3rd/4th gear.  Completely possible as Roebling is a fast and flowing track.  So, I practiced getting the bike rolling from a stop in 3rd/4th gear and was able to do it while pushing with my feet and slipping the clutch slowly.  It was gonna look silly on grid starting that way but I didn't care.

I knew I would come in dead last but I wouldn't come home to DC (9-hours) empty-handed.  I DNS'ed AM MW & HW SuperBike b/c I wouldn't even score a point in there with the bike as it was and the SuperTwins grid was posted as 3 bikes -- CHA-CHING!!!  Four bikes were actually on grid, but one bike false started and got meatballed.  YEAH!  I also managed to suck out a 7th place finish in Formula 40. 

Persistance pays in this sport.  Double-points in this case :D

Super Dave

Just getting bits and pieces, everyone.

And I'd like more...

I guess motolaptimes doesn't have any lap times from the new transmitter system?  And there's no results on the CCS site... 
Super Dave

Kadius

Quote from: Super Dave on March 13, 2012, 02:31:33 PM
Just getting bits and pieces, everyone.

And I'd like more...

I guess motolaptimes doesn't have any lap times from the new transmitter system?  And there's no results on the CCS site...

Lap times aren't up yet, but results are!
AM #116