News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Roebling Role Call

Started by clarustnb, February 29, 2012, 12:37:52 PM

metricdevilmoto

Definitely. It was our first time at Roebling and we loved the track and the good size grids.

Anyone know the name of the guys doing photos? We took one of their cards, but misplaced it during the load up.
Mike Faillace, #610 AM
Metric Devil Moto, Team Pro-Motion, Penske, DesignStar3, Pirelli, Full Spectrum Power, Heroic Racing Apparel

roadracer162

Quote from: PlayHard on March 12, 2012, 11:14:50 AM
Great Weekend!  It was fun getting back in the mix after a long winter off.  Really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  Man, the racing action was intense.  I was a little down on myself after Saturdays GTL event but managed to get back into my old form for Sundays Sprint races.  The old Army Green SV ran strong all weekend..... :thumb:

Al, certainly the SV is much stronger than last year. Sorry about my last lap goof up in front of you. I was just not on it this whole weekend even though Sunday was better. Tire pressure issues and a lack of ride time did me in. Setting tire pressures at 40degree ambient temps, then racing at 70 degree ambient temps caused a ridiculous tire pressure even though I checked pressures going to onto the track. GT lights started well but turned ugly very quickly when I ran off in T2 and narrowly missing the trees.

From there the bike just didn't feel right so I pulled in and found the rear at three pounds too high. It was some fun, scary racing with the slower, bigger bikes in front of the Lightweight field. The only place to pass were in the corners and that takes some talent to get through cleanly. Guys leaning on others with a shoulder, clipping elbows in fast turns, and fairing bashing when paths cross were all observed from my seat. I am just glad it wasn't me doing it. On the race bike is "the best seat in the house".

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

PlayHard

No Goof Mark, just hard racing and I loved it!  Having Keese take 2nd from me and you 3rd all on the last lap and second to last turn in traffic was some crazy riding.....  Thanks for taking me down the rumble strips, think that slowed you down just enough to allow me to take 3rd back at the line.  Here's the video footage from that race.  Hard to follow who's, who because it was a multi-class race which included both middle weight and LT WT Bikes.  Fun Stuff!!!! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dx-ySOQGs&feature=youtu.be
CCS / WERA EX #95

roadracer162

Yes Al it was a great experience racing you both. The middleweights were moving safety cones which through in that extra measure of excitement. On T6 of the last lap I had a good head of steam pulling away from you when you lost your momentum, but then I was blocked by that other lapper that caused me to get out of the gas to go around. From there I just couldn't get rolling again, and yes I felt the rear spin up on the rumble strips.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

hagasan

Are laptimes/results going to be posted anywhere?

roadracer162

I would say yes. If you look at the CCS site there is a link to it for the first races at Homestead

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Gino230

Great weekend.

My first visit to Roebling, it's a challenging track. I wasn't able to get there Friday, had some bike issues Saturday, so very little practice time. I wish I would have gone faster, but trying to learn the track, trying to learn new tires (swapped to Dunlops for 2012), trying to learn a new bike that didn't want to run was a bit much for me.

At least by the end of the weekend I was keeping you guys in sight, so that's an accomplishment. Visiting a new track is great for getting back to basics and un-learning bad habits- even though it wasn't my best performance, I felt good about it at the end of the weekend.

The drive was not as bad as I thought- about the same as Jennings for us South Florida guys.

CCS is making good improvements with their technology, and it's about time! Hopefully soon we'll be registering online....? CCS staff has gotten alot better, but there's still a few holdouts- that's one thing I don't get- CCS complains about low turnouts, but some staff members continue to treat racers like they should be happy to be there instead of treating them like customers. This isn't the old days where they can afford to treat racers any way they want. I'm not complaining, but I like racing CCS and would love to see the big grids come back- i.e. I don't want to see them losing any more racers, for any reason.

Thanks for the videos, looks like those SV's are definitely faster than they were at Daytona....
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

MELK-MAN

good to see so many of the "south Florida gang" there this weekend for sure Gino!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Gino230

Anybody know who was taking photos?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gixxerblade

Kadius

Outstanding weekend @ Roebling! That is one fun track. Being that it was my first time there, I'm glad I took Friday off from work to practice. It helped me learn the track tremendously. Best racing results for me so far (5th or 6th in all but one race) and a best time of 1:19.124.

Hope I can keep this up for JGP in a couple weeks.
AM #116