The rules have been handed down, 250 SS will NOT happen for 2012........

Started by Jiggyfly, February 21, 2012, 01:02:21 PM

What say ye?

Yes, I'm in on a "gentlemans" supersport
9 (81.8%)
No, cuz if ONE person shows up with a HP advantage & wins......
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 02, 2012, 01:02:21 PM

Jiggyfly

Here's my take: the results are in, & there won't be a change to ULTB this year. As much as I'd like to see it happen, it's not likely, & I understand why at this point. I'm up for running my motor as SUPERSPORT as the rules say...... But it's a tough "agreement", as many people don't visit this forum.

Discuss & input.

MAZZ77X

Were in on the Gents agreement.

Our bike is 100% Stock with only a pipe and jet kit and it will stay that way.

We do have a 75lb pilot though so that may help :thumb:

CHIRINOM

I intend on doing ZERO modifications to the engine or chasis. Pipe, Jetting, Suspension, Ergonomics via controls, Gearing, Brake lines and pads. I am prepared to run the class as it was advertised in 2011. Sucks for you if you need engine work to win lol.

Looking forward to RRR! I hear Walter just picked up a bike for his wife today.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

vance

I'm in.  Bike was piped and jetted by Walter before I owned it and runs fine.  It MIGHT get a coat of paint... :biggrin:

Anyone have HD's email?  Can't find it on the CCS site.

Tri74x

hdpromos at aol dot com. I'm in- and believe me I'm on a budget for the rebuild. She'll be a tad slower for sure but hopefully no more massive failures either.

vance

Jason,
What times were you running at Homestead?
Also, check out mylaps for the Tally results of the ESS class:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2173961

11 bikes on the grid and one DNS....
in the RAIN....
in FEBRUARY!!!!

Tri74x

I don't know. I'd have to e-mail to get them- seems like alot of trouble. What is the ESS? Used to race V1 and V2 but haven't kept up w/ WERA. The Triumph can do 1:15 and the Honda about a second slower there but I think the track is different now. Got a buddy on an ascot who went and said the rain sucked! He got a second though.

vance

roadracer162

Can I race a Hyosung GT250 or would I get laughed out of the track?

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

apriliaman

you can race that,even street legal supermoto 250 if you want.Bike has to be street legal 4 stroke.
single cylinder 250 4 stroke
twin cylinder 250 4 stroke
twin cylinder air cooled 350 4 stroke
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

bruce71198

Unless you want to run a GP chassis, they're legal too;

6.10 THUNDERBIKE [/size]- Thunderbike machines are based upon production models, sold
by manufacturers and their dealers in North America for street use. Proof of compliance
rests with the competitor entering the motorcycle. Single cylinder and 250 GP[/b]
machines are exempt from production and street use requirements. [/size]. All machines

must have unaltered VIN numbers.

vance

I just pre-registered for the last 9 FL rounds.  All we can do is put bikes on the grid.  If everyone does what they can to support the class, we'll have a strong argument at the end of the season.
The GP argument should be moot as we are gridded behind the 125GP race.  The Moriwaki's will be gridded at the same time, so as long as that remains the same, it shouldn't matter.
If guys build a bunch of supermotos then so be it.  If I had to guess, more people will pick up a cheap 250, put a belly pan on it and go racing before they'll build a supermoto, but that's just my opinion. 

The opening round for WERA at Tally had 11 250's on the grid.  We need to do the same, regardless of what other bikes show up for the class.  At the end of the year, if we can point to a steady grid of 250's then our gripe will have merit.
Let's get it done.