Started by MegRyan, February 15, 2012, 03:30:39 PM

What kind of Brake Pads are you using?

DP
EBC
Vesrah
Galfer
Other

MegRyan

TSE is going to start selling DP brakes at the track. Looking more or less to see what everyone is running? Also looking to see what we should stock up on?

Scott and I have been using DP's for the last 4-5 years and love them. They work great no brake fad during endurance racing and have used them for multiple endurance races before changing.
~Meg Ryan~

twilkinson3

I'm running EBC pads, specifically the extreme pros...but I'm not stuck on them at this point, used originally because they offered contingency for lightweight races

Sobottka

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

steve p

Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

ride_hard

I've been using the vesrah RJL pads, but am thinking it's time for a change. I think the price went up and they aren't lasting very long.

SV88

I'm using EBC's extreme pros.  Like them a lot however you do have to change them every 2-3 race weekends.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

genosr1

sbs dual carbon, last me a long time

roadracer162

I go the entire year on the Vesrah and find that it offers superb feel and feedback while trail braking.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

gixxer188

Quote from: ride_hard on February 15, 2012, 09:39:25 PM
I've been using the vesrah RJL pads, but am thinking it's time for a change. I think the price went up and they aren't lasting very long.

They used to be $80 at KurveyGirl.com and now they are $106!  I use Galfer because I'm a Glafer dealer, run what you sell!
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

MegRyan

So a little more info on the DP's they retail for $48.95 a card and we will be selling them for $35 a card so $70 for the front end. We are running them for a 2 hour endurance plus sprints after that. So on average I get about 15 sprint races out of a set of pads but could go longer. I have the pads at my disposal for the most part and that is why we change them as often as we do. They have great feed back and like I said I've never had them fail. If anyone is interested in switching to them let us know year, make and model so we make sure we have pads at the races.
~Meg Ryan~

mattg

Vesrah XX..

The last forever and have great feel.

Super Dave

Quote from: MegRyan on February 16, 2012, 01:54:10 PM
So a little more info on the DP's they retail for $48.95 a card and we will be selling them for $35 a card so $70 for the front end. We are running them for a 2 hour endurance plus sprints after that. So on average I get about 15 sprint races out of a set of pads but could go longer. I have the pads at my disposal for the most part and that is why we change them as often as we do. They have great feed back and like I said I've never had them fail. If anyone is interested in switching to them let us know year, make and model so we make sure we have pads at the races.
Monte Nichols and I used the DP's in the CCS endurance races years ago, fueling our championships, some time ago.  Very similar feel to the Vesrah's and no bed in required:  hot lap 'em. 

I was very happy with them in sprint races too!  It's a great pad, and, for the money, it's a great value above its performance.
Super Dave