What kind of Brake Pads are you using?

DP
EBC
Vesrah
Galfer
Other

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Noidly1 on March 05, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
I believe he may be talking about Sintered(sp) pads which take a good while to bed-in, especially if you switch wheels often.

no they don't.. and anyone buying pads for racing would have sintered pads.. The OLD model of ebc hh pads had to be bedded in properly or they would glaze. You couldn't just put em in, and hammer on them right away. you would have to snub them a bunch, then let the rotors cool. those old hh pads would have material left yet would no longer bite. Odly enough, they had a hard initial bite when new, but they faded off after a few weekends even if there was material left.
That is NOT the case with teh exteme pro sintered pads. (all the epfa pads are sintered).
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Noidly1

Yeah, The HH's is what I was referring to. A few years back I went to HPT and did a few sighting laps on one set of tires, came in and switched to another set n went back out. All was fine till I had to hit the brakes going into T10 and nothing... Had plenty of lever but no stoppy and down in the grass I went. When I got up and looked at my brakes, the rotors were bright blue. Since then I have never used sintered pads for that reason...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Noidly1 on March 06, 2012, 10:38:45 PM
Yeah, The HH's is what I was referring to. A few years back I went to HPT and did a few sighting laps on one set of tires, came in and switched to another set n went back out. All was fine till I had to hit the brakes going into T10 and nothing... Had plenty of lever but no stoppy and down in the grass I went. When I got up and looked at my brakes, the rotors were bright blue. Since then I have never used sintered pads for that reason...

try the EBC extreme pro pads.. they are sintered but yea, the HH pads .. well.. kind of sucked. Especially at how tedious you had to be on bed-in. The EPFA pads last, and last, and last.. im usually taking them off my R6 after a few weekends and giving them to someone to try with 3/4 or more of the material left on em. In talking with the EBC guys they actually made the pads TOO good and thus sales were not what they expected, due to them lasting so friggin long. There were more people using them, just not buying as many cards. :)

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: MELK-MAN on March 08, 2012, 09:43:02 AMThe EPFA pads last, and last, and last.. im usually taking them off my R6 after a few weekends and giving them to someone to try with 3/4 or more of the material left on em. In talking with the EBC guys they actually made the pads TOO good and thus sales were not what they expected, due to them lasting so friggin long. There were more people using them, just not buying as many cards. :)

That's a sad fact of so much product design in the world today (especially electronics and many items made in China), intentionally designing things so they don't last so they can sell more product more often - actually designed to wear out much sooner than they know it could be made to last for.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MELK-MAN

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on March 08, 2012, 03:50:21 PM
That's a sad fact of so much product design in the world today (especially electronics and many items made in China), intentionally designing things so they don't last so they can sell more product more often - actually designed to wear out much sooner than they know it could be made to last for.

no kidding.. LOL.. what were they THINKING! :)

MELK-MAN

PS: i didn't mean for this to get on a "what's the best pad".. Scotty and Meg are great people and im sure DP pads are very good. That brand has been around awhile.

Fast Eddy

Quote from: Burt Munro on February 21, 2012, 01:07:53 AM
That last sentence only needed the first 4 words to be 100% accurate.   :ass:

You are wise beyond your years  :cheers:
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe