Started by MegRyan, February 15, 2012, 03:30:39 PM

What kind of Brake Pads are you using?

DP
EBC
Vesrah
Galfer
Other

MegRyan

TSE is going to start selling DP brakes at the track. Looking more or less to see what everyone is running? Also looking to see what we should stock up on?

Scott and I have been using DP's for the last 4-5 years and love them. They work great no brake fad during endurance racing and have used them for multiple endurance races before changing.
~Meg Ryan~

twilkinson3

I'm running EBC pads, specifically the extreme pros...but I'm not stuck on them at this point, used originally because they offered contingency for lightweight races

Sobottka

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

steve p

Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

ride_hard

I've been using the vesrah RJL pads, but am thinking it's time for a change. I think the price went up and they aren't lasting very long.

SV88

I'm using EBC's extreme pros.  Like them a lot however you do have to change them every 2-3 race weekends.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

genosr1

sbs dual carbon, last me a long time

roadracer162

I go the entire year on the Vesrah and find that it offers superb feel and feedback while trail braking.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

gixxer188

Quote from: ride_hard on February 15, 2012, 09:39:25 PM
I've been using the vesrah RJL pads, but am thinking it's time for a change. I think the price went up and they aren't lasting very long.

They used to be $80 at KurveyGirl.com and now they are $106!  I use Galfer because I'm a Glafer dealer, run what you sell!
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

MegRyan

So a little more info on the DP's they retail for $48.95 a card and we will be selling them for $35 a card so $70 for the front end. We are running them for a 2 hour endurance plus sprints after that. So on average I get about 15 sprint races out of a set of pads but could go longer. I have the pads at my disposal for the most part and that is why we change them as often as we do. They have great feed back and like I said I've never had them fail. If anyone is interested in switching to them let us know year, make and model so we make sure we have pads at the races.
~Meg Ryan~

mattg

Vesrah XX..

The last forever and have great feel.

Super Dave

Quote from: MegRyan on February 16, 2012, 01:54:10 PM
So a little more info on the DP's they retail for $48.95 a card and we will be selling them for $35 a card so $70 for the front end. We are running them for a 2 hour endurance plus sprints after that. So on average I get about 15 sprint races out of a set of pads but could go longer. I have the pads at my disposal for the most part and that is why we change them as often as we do. They have great feed back and like I said I've never had them fail. If anyone is interested in switching to them let us know year, make and model so we make sure we have pads at the races.
Monte Nichols and I used the DP's in the CCS endurance races years ago, fueling our championships, some time ago.  Very similar feel to the Vesrah's and no bed in required:  hot lap 'em. 

I was very happy with them in sprint races too!  It's a great pad, and, for the money, it's a great value above its performance.
Super Dave

motomaniac

I've been using DP since 2001. Good stuff!
Ex#61

Super Dave

Quote from: motomaniac on February 17, 2012, 06:37:25 PM
I've been using DP since 2001. Good stuff!
Um, yeah, you can pass a can of "duh" please... You and I won that first championship...
Super Dave

gsxrmink

I have ran the EBC HH pads on a few local track days and haven't had any problems with them.  I am riding an '08 750 with the stock rotors.  I have heard from a lot of friends who do more track riding than I do, that the SBS pads are some of the best to have.  I will more than likely give them a shot for the upcoming riding season.

Fast Eddy

I had been on Vesrah but EBC gave contingent $$

Yes, I was a whore for the $$ :biggrin:
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!

Burt Munro

Quote from: Fast Eddy on February 20, 2012, 02:36:07 PM
I had been on Vesrah but EBC gave contingent $$

Yes, I was a whore for the $$ :biggrin:
That last sentence only needed the first 4 words to be 100% accurate.   :ass:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

MELK-MAN

Quote from: SV88 on February 15, 2012, 10:06:59 PM
I'm using EBC's extreme pros.  Like them a lot however you do have to change them every 2-3 race weekends.

you would be one of the only ones.. are you sure your not running the old ebc HH pads? the epfa pads last and last and last.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Burt Munro

Quote from: MELK-MAN on February 22, 2012, 12:10:33 AM
you would be one of the only ones.. are you sure your not running the old ebc HH pads? the epfa pads last and last and last.
Greg, if you knew SV88 you'd understand.  :kicknuts:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

mtmansl

murf99

Over the past 3 years, I've run:
SBS Dual Carbom
Galfer 1003
Performance Friction
Todd Murray
CCS #99 MW Expert

PS I Love You Wedding Photo Storybooks / Moto Union - Ducati Milwaukee / Motorex

design-engine

EBC.... be carefull not to over heat them too quick.  They need to heat cycle.  Look for a brand that is already to go.  Im running Vesrah all year myself.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: design-engine on March 04, 2012, 09:45:53 PM
EBC.... be carefull not to over heat them too quick.  They need to heat cycle.  Look for a brand that is already to go.  Im running Vesrah all year myself.

".. overheat too quick".. "need to heat cycle".. WHAT? What do you base this information on? How long have you been racing? EBC extreme pro pads ARE designed and WILL allow you to put em in, drag em around on the warm up lap and "go". Not saying Vesrah isn't a good pad.. but you are dead wrong about the EBC pads in making a general blanket statment.

Noidly1

I believe he may be talking about Sintered(sp) pads which take a good while to bed-in, especially if you switch wheels often.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Noidly1 on March 05, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
I believe he may be talking about Sintered(sp) pads which take a good while to bed-in, especially if you switch wheels often.

no they don't.. and anyone buying pads for racing would have sintered pads.. The OLD model of ebc hh pads had to be bedded in properly or they would glaze. You couldn't just put em in, and hammer on them right away. you would have to snub them a bunch, then let the rotors cool. those old hh pads would have material left yet would no longer bite. Odly enough, they had a hard initial bite when new, but they faded off after a few weekends even if there was material left.
That is NOT the case with teh exteme pro sintered pads. (all the epfa pads are sintered).

Noidly1

Yeah, The HH's is what I was referring to. A few years back I went to HPT and did a few sighting laps on one set of tires, came in and switched to another set n went back out. All was fine till I had to hit the brakes going into T10 and nothing... Had plenty of lever but no stoppy and down in the grass I went. When I got up and looked at my brakes, the rotors were bright blue. Since then I have never used sintered pads for that reason...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Noidly1 on March 06, 2012, 10:38:45 PM
Yeah, The HH's is what I was referring to. A few years back I went to HPT and did a few sighting laps on one set of tires, came in and switched to another set n went back out. All was fine till I had to hit the brakes going into T10 and nothing... Had plenty of lever but no stoppy and down in the grass I went. When I got up and looked at my brakes, the rotors were bright blue. Since then I have never used sintered pads for that reason...

try the EBC extreme pro pads.. they are sintered but yea, the HH pads .. well.. kind of sucked. Especially at how tedious you had to be on bed-in. The EPFA pads last, and last, and last.. im usually taking them off my R6 after a few weekends and giving them to someone to try with 3/4 or more of the material left on em. In talking with the EBC guys they actually made the pads TOO good and thus sales were not what they expected, due to them lasting so friggin long. There were more people using them, just not buying as many cards. :)

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: MELK-MAN on March 08, 2012, 09:43:02 AMThe EPFA pads last, and last, and last.. im usually taking them off my R6 after a few weekends and giving them to someone to try with 3/4 or more of the material left on em. In talking with the EBC guys they actually made the pads TOO good and thus sales were not what they expected, due to them lasting so friggin long. There were more people using them, just not buying as many cards. :)

That's a sad fact of so much product design in the world today (especially electronics and many items made in China), intentionally designing things so they don't last so they can sell more product more often - actually designed to wear out much sooner than they know it could be made to last for.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MELK-MAN

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on March 08, 2012, 03:50:21 PM
That's a sad fact of so much product design in the world today (especially electronics and many items made in China), intentionally designing things so they don't last so they can sell more product more often - actually designed to wear out much sooner than they know it could be made to last for.

no kidding.. LOL.. what were they THINKING! :)

MELK-MAN

PS: i didn't mean for this to get on a "what's the best pad".. Scotty and Meg are great people and im sure DP pads are very good. That brand has been around awhile.

Fast Eddy

Quote from: Burt Munro on February 21, 2012, 01:07:53 AM
That last sentence only needed the first 4 words to be 100% accurate.   :ass:

You are wise beyond your years  :cheers:
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!