2012 Ultralightweight Thunderbike?

Started by diamond, January 05, 2012, 07:54:12 AM

roadracer162

Quote from: Jiggyfly on February 24, 2012, 03:31:18 AM
The example of "GP chassis", such as RS250, or TZ125 is allowed in THUNDERbike.....not necessarily ultra light weight thunder bike. It still has to match the displacement rules first & foremost.

& specifically the 125's aren't allowed in the class.
& an RS250 is  twin, so not allowed.

But the Moriwaki is a GP chassis and is a 250 which by the reading of the rules is legal unless there is some formal announcement.

All GP machines get and exemption from the street production rule so they can compete in Thunderbike.

With that in mind, I would like to race my Ducati 748 against the RS250 in all the classes that the RS250 is legal. These classes are Gt lights, Lightweight Grand-prix, Lightweight formula 40, and Thunderbike.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

vance

GP bikes are allowed in TB. The only one that fits the ULTB class is the Moriwaki.

ULTRALIGHT THUNDERBIKE (Amateur and Expert Combined)
Single cylinder, four-stroke liquid cooled, 250cc
Twin cylinder, air cooled, 350cc
Twin cylinder, four-stroke liquid cooled, up to 250cc

The RS and TZ's are 2 strokes, so not included in the class.
Again, you could run the Moriwaki but we are gridded behind them in the same race.

Jiggyfly

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on February 24, 2012, 07:03:16 AM
The Kawi is a twin too....

Yes, but not a 2 stroke twin.

Yes, the moriwaki, technically is legal.....however, if CCS should specifically appeal any portion of this rule, that SHOULD be it!
If a 125 isn't allowed, then a Moriwaki certainly shouldn't be!

Jiggyfly

I've emailed Kevin Elliot on the Moriwaki issue.
I'm guessing, at this point in time, that he's regretting adding ULTB! :D

roadracer162

There you go jiffy trying to make sense of it all :)
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Knedragon

Quote from: majicMARKer on February 24, 2012, 02:41:06 PM
There you go jiffy trying to make sense of it all :)

Mark thats the way I read it .... Moriwaki is good for Ultra Lightweight Thunder bike and the Honda RS250 is legal for Thunder bike.Hey Mark which race # is the Thunder bike race on HD's schedule? # 15 or 16 ??
Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!

vance

Guys.... I don see us on the RRR tentative schedule.....
Am I missing it?

bruce71198

Race125

Quote from: Knedragon on February 24, 2012, 04:18:01 PM
Mark thats the way I read it .... Moriwaki is good for Ultra Lightweight Thunder bike and the Honda RS250 is legal for Thunder bike.Hey Mark which race # is the Thunder bike race on HD's schedule? # 15 or 16 ??
It is race # 16 - The 125 is eligible too

Jiggyfly

No, the 125 is not legal.....I've received emails specifying this. And if it's not, the Moriwaki certainly shouldn't be.

Jiggyfly

And I can tell you that If 125's and Moriwakis are allowed in ULTB, my Ninja 250 will be in the classifieds as soon as I get that clarified.

Neither are good or right for the class. I got lapped at BHF by the 2 other entries in 125gp. I was the 3rd & last entry. 2nd place didn't do lap times that I did on my 125 thirteen years ago, AND STILL LAPPED ME!

You tell me that's fair and good for the class!!!!

CHIRINOM

In the very least the Morawaki should be excluded. It is like lining up a Ferrari next to a Volkswagen GTI. I am sure that if every racer tuned into this blog we would be ok but it could be a potential problem at any moment. It is worth addressing, now that we are in the beginning of the season.

Come to think of it. If a Morawaki is legal then, the 125GP, SV650, and Ducati 800 should be legal as well. They all race in ULSB against each other with  anyway.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com