2012 Ultralightweight Thunderbike?

Started by diamond, January 05, 2012, 07:54:12 AM

Jiggyfly

I went faster at BHF on a Redbull Rookie Cup practice bike on intermediates, in 2 sessions, than I did my 250.

Jiggyfly

Fwiw; I have zero issues writing, (read copy & paste!) a set of rules!

bruce71198

This is the complete response I received from an e-mail to Kevin asking him to consider a rule change;
I apologize for not responding to each email separately but I am "behind the eight ball" on several important projects already.

The rules were relaxed to promote participation since last season we had all of three riders compete in the class all season. The  most common complaint was they didn't have a "SuperSport" legal Ninja 250 so we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

There will be no change in the class for 2012 but if you can show us the good faith by participating in the Ultralight ThunderBike class in 2012, we can discuss a SuperSport 250 class for 2013. But we need the participation to show this is viable so do not withhold your support of the current class or it may disappear altogether. (We are trying to give you a place to race, so show us some support please.)

Obviously others sent him an e-mail requesting the same. So no change in rules, can we all just agree to run SS spec and show him our good faith and hope for a change next year?

twilkinson3

Don't hope, make a point of petitioning for the change in 2013 and get support behind it.  Write the rule set as described above and use this forum as a sounding board for the final result - basically we as a group have the time to look at it in detail now, might as well do so and present a good case for the class and a rules package that everyone can agree to...then I can hope it's not run at the same time as the Ultralight or lightweight races and actually find a bike to come play with lol

Knedragon

so according to the rule book the Moriwaki is legal for Ultra Lightweight Thunder bike  :ahhh:
Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

MAZZ77X

Quote from: Knedragon on February 23, 2012, 07:38:51 PM
so according to the rule book the Moriwaki is legal for Ultra Lightweight Thunder bike  :ahhh:

I hope not. We do have a Mori but I want the kid to run the Ninja as a second bike this season. I feel he needs to learn how to make a fat slow bike go fast too.

Knedragon

Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!

roadracer162

Quote from: Knedragon on February 23, 2012, 09:20:31 PM

I may have to run the RS250 in Thunderbike too  :biggrin:

Yeah, that would be a challenge to keep up with you.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

vance

Quote from: Knedragon on February 23, 2012, 09:20:31 PM

I may have to run the RS250 in Thunderbike too  :biggrin:
Has there ever been a race where 2nd place was a lap down?

Jiggyfly

The example of "GP chassis", such as RS250, or TZ125 is allowed in THUNDERbike.....not necessarily ultra light weight thunder bike. It still has to match the displacement rules first & foremost.

& specifically the 125's aren't allowed in the class.
& an RS250 is  twin, so not allowed.

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com