News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brake pads and rotors

Started by Tom Fredricks, April 16, 2003, 02:05:53 PM

tshort

QuoteNo, I cannot.

Kevin Hanson (Safety First Racing) or Brian Baker (Baker Race Gear) should have some.

Or Marshall Distributing...

Thanks, Dave - I'll check them out.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

hawki

Baker, what type of pads are the Vesrah's - sintered metal, organic or organic/metal mixture?  Any need to clean the rotors before running the new pads?  I'm ready to toss my EBC's.

Dave

lil_thorny

Hawki(cool name btw)
SD says to just slap em in and go, no bed-in either.
you running stock rotors? i will be running the
Vesrahs with stock suzuki rotors(600). i think that
i will probably take it easy for a lap or 2.
my .02
BRG says he will have a few hundred sets,
also, Kevin Hanson sells them too.
Benj.

hawki

I'm running stock Kawasaki rotors now.  I may want to switch to some full-floating rotors since the stock ones are not.

Dave

Super Dave

I never changed my stock Kaw rotors.  They work fine.  The caliper has four pistons and they float.  If you've got money to get rotors, save it and spend the money on the Kayaba forks and get them worked on or get a nice Hyperpro, Ohlins, or Penske rear shock.  The proper suspension with a good geometry set up from someone who knows like http://4and6.com or Traxxion will allow the bike to slow down more efficently.
Super Dave

hawki

Super_Dave, I have had the suspension upgraded on the Kawasaki (Traxxion in front and Penske out back).  My brakes just don't work as well as I'd like them to.  I have six piston calipers in the front also.  I cleaned the calipers last year and after a couple of weekends the brakes did not seem to give me the same feel and were dragging again.  I have not been able to get to the track this year so I don't have a good feel of the brakes yet.  I may just clean the calipers again and slap some different pads in.
Dave

Dawn

QuoteSuper_Dave, I have had the suspension upgraded on the Kawasaki (Traxxion in front and Penske out back).  My brakes just don't work as well as I'd like them to.  I have six piston calipers in the front also.  I cleaned the calipers last year and after a couple of weekends the brakes did not seem to give me the same feel and were dragging again.  I have not been able to get to the track this year so I don't have a good feel of the brakes yet.  I may just clean the calipers again and slap some different pads in.
Dave

Dave:

Have you changed your brake fluid?  Do you have steel braided lines?

Just some other ideas to help you out.

Dawn   :)

charliev

I would like to try the vesrah pads this weekend  on my r6. Who is selling them?