News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brake pads and rotors

Started by Tom Fredricks, April 16, 2003, 02:05:53 PM

lil_thorny

good god .........i better ring in here!!!
ebben, remember when i asked you at bakers trailer
"what is Vesrah?" you said " are you kidding?"
am i stupid? are these Vesrah brake pads really
that much better? everyone chime in here if you all agree... even P.J. said to me... we need to get you some Vesrah pads. i for one have never paid too
much attention to things like brake markers or
blue flags ;D(whole other thread) but if it will afford me 75 more feet of stuffage then i'm all for it. just
don't tell Ike about em ;) or my secret turbo switch
for that matter.
hey you fargen bastage be nice to your balls and you will together have a long and happy life together!
Benj.

lil_thorny

Super Dave

Yeah, Benji, they are really good.

I like to have a set of brakes that I can pull that does not require a lot of lever effort.  I want to concentrate on what I am doing, but I do want to slow the bike down.  

The Vesrah pads have a really confident feel to them, and the lever pressure is just very nice.  

They do not require any bed in.  Put them in and go.  Kind of a life saver if your pads are shot and you need to put something in.  

The are really consistent.  They don't last forever, but they do last a reasonable amount of time.

You ever put different pads in the Subaru?  Performance Frictions or anything?
Super Dave

lil_thorny

not on the bru, but we had 4-pot brembo's with slotted rotors on the Neons. night and day difference
but then again we achieved the same effect going
to steel braided lines as well. cars tend to heat up a little more than do the bikes i'm affraid. shoot, the
subaru never had to slow down...4 weel drift...oh..oh
yeah baby!!! rally, rally.
 i would like to reduce the
fatigue i experience in my forearm tho. So on to Vesrah for me. just slap em in eh? lets do it.
Benj. ;D

FullMoonRacing

I have ProLite rotors on a GSX-R600.  Which Vesrah pads would be recommended for that?

BRG

tshort

Will vesrah pads work with stock rotors on my SV?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

FullMoonRacing

Thanks for info.  I intend to give them a whirl.  If I go flying off the seat and over the front tire at Turn 1 in a couple weeks.....it's your guys' fault!  ;D

Super Dave

QuoteWill vesrah pads work with stock rotors on my SV?

Yes, Tom, they will.  I use stock rotors.  They are fine.

I wasn't so sure that the RJL's weren't so agressive that they would hurt aftermarket rotors like the Pro-Lite EBC's.  Brian, you sure on that?
Super Dave

tshort

QuoteYes, Tom, they will.  I use stock rotors.  They are fine.

So, Dave, can you hook me up with a full set for this weekend?  If not, where do you get them from?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Super Dave

No, I cannot.

Kevin Hanson (Safety First Racing) or Brian Baker (Baker Race Gear) should have some.

Or Marshall Distributing...
Super Dave

FullMoonRacing

QuoteYes, Tom, they will.  I use stock rotors.  They are fine.

I wasn't so sure that the RJL's weren't so agressive that they would hurt aftermarket rotors like the Pro-Lite EBC's.  Brian, you sure on that?

This is why I threw the "Vesrah with ProLites" question out there a second time...  Anyone else with input?