News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brake pads and rotors

Started by Tom Fredricks, April 16, 2003, 02:05:53 PM

Super Dave

QuoteWhat about Versah sintered metal pads with EBC prolite rotors or will they work better with stock rotors. They are on a gsxr 600

Better make sure that the Vesrah pads would not hurt the EBC rotors too if you try it.  Those pads might be to agressive for the material on the rotor.
Super Dave

D_EBBEN#93

i have a new set of EBC rotors that i had buy in a pinch this spring at Daytona,and i have the vesrah pads on them so far every thing is cool...i've used them at Daytona Jennings and  B H F.

D_EBBEN#93

Don't any of you people have job? ;D ;D

EX#996

QuoteDon't any of you people have job? ;D ;D

Is the pot calling the kettle black?   ???

;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

Oh oh wait!  I am the moderator here.  This is my job!

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Thingy

I had EBC Pro-lites on my GSX-R last year and have used all of the pads that you have asked about.  

1) EBC Pro-lites & EBC HH - K3 is right, throw them in the lake.
2) EBC Pro-lites & EBC Kit pads - I ruined a set of Pro-lites with these pads.  EBC says that this combination should not be used.
3) Vesrah (RJLs?) - These pads flat-out ROCK.  I can't believe how much better they are.  Unbelievable.

Baker, you suck.  How did you get your hands on a set of the Vesrah rotors already?  Safety First will be jealous when they hear about that.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

duc995@aol.com

Ferodo/Brake tech full floater cast irons and the Ferodo CP 911 * pads are night and day better than stock stainless rotors and EBC HH!  The feedback from the castirons and organic pads gives you infinitly more info when trail braking.  I have both setups...one on each of my two identical bikes, and switching between the two can really raise your schincter tone! ;D

Litespeed

My RC51 has the EBC Pro-Lites with the stock honda pads and I love the overall grip./feel of the bike.  My brother has fought with his Gixxer 600 for a long time int eh braking department and still has yet to find something he likes.  He has used stock rotors with CP911 pads and stock rotors with Galfer pads with the same results.  He bought Galfer Wave rotors and still has the fade issue to contend with.  Where can he get Vesrah pads to see if that fixes the fade issue (which is really his only problem).

BRG

For Vesrah pads and rotors

414-916-9559

Baker ;D

Thingy

I have also tried the CP 911* pads on my Pro-lites.  In my opinion, they were better than the EBCs, but they wear ALOT faster.  Still, they are no match for the Vesrahs.  The Vesrah pads are awesome.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

numbskullz58

Performance Friction 95 compound w/ stock rotors is what I use and like them a lot, but i have never tried Vesrah....so...baker, hook me up and i will let you know what i think.

Steve

D_EBBEN#93

You guy's and girls should try Bakers breaks and his suspension together, it will be a new day at the track for you!! ;)