97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

hdpromos

Quote from: SnacktimeKC on June 22, 2010, 08:52:29 PM
HP,
Yes we did play by the rules and won the vote. What might have helped in many of the GP and MW riders eyes, would have been a little bit more info? If there would have been a statement that CCS got the track for free, wanted to stay in good with the NASCAR folks, were too concerned about the weather etc. that might have helped. But, on the surface it seemed CCS asked us riders for input, then made a decision that was contrary to said input.

In regards to my statement that CMRA officials thanking us for making long trips and racing with them I can only tell you this. In the maybe 6-8 events that I raced with them they made a point to thank me 3 times. In the five years I've raced with CCS it's never happened. To include many trips to RA, Barber, and Daytona. Again, many of the MW and GP racers I know share my opinion.  That said, I have confidence that it will get better and Kevin is addressing the problem.

CMRA has the world championships, AMA championships, let alone many of the AMA horizon awards. They don't need to prove anything to anybody. So, as I said I'll be a Texas World with my $100.00 for RRW air fence fund on the line, and between you and me I'll bet you a cold beer. -Snack

You still don't get it! :banghead: Right from the start, Kevin said the poll would not necessarily be the final word in the selection! And all that silly stuff about info on "free track rental" and "staying in good with the NASCAR folks"! What are you on "crack" or something? :err: You'd never hear about that kinda stuff even if it was true.  As far as the love you get from CMRA officials for attending their races. If you come to the ROC at Homestead, I'll make sure your treated to some South Florida CCS hospitality! With regards to your World and AMA Champions, who said they had to prove anything? But why don't you see how many of them will compete in club racing now? Because that's what we're talking about "now", CCS and CMRA riders! I'll be at Homestead with my $100. bill and looking forward to taking yours. If you show up, I might even buy you a beer!

HD

SnacktimeKC

Quote from: hdpromos on June 22, 2010, 09:37:11 PM

You still don't get it! :banghead: Right from the start, Kevin said the poll would not necessarily be the final word in the selection! And all that silly stuff about info on "free track rental" and "staying in good with the NASCAR folks"! What are you on "crack" or something? :err: You'd never hear about that kinda stuff even if it was true.  As far as the love you get from CMRA officials for attending their races. If you come to the ROC at Homestead, I'll make sure your treated to some South Florida CCS hospitality! With regards to your World and AMA Champions, who said they had to prove anything? But why don't you see how many of them will compete in club racing now? Because that's what we're talking about "now", CCS and CMRA riders! I'll be at Homestead with my $100. bill and looking forward to taking yours. If you show up, I might even buy you a beer!

HD

Oh I get it, and I didn't mean for that to be silly stuff I was just throwing it out there as examples. (it's Tuesday I only do crack on the weekends) I just think a little more info as to why the decision was made would have made it a little easier for for us to accept. Did the vote mean anything at all? 
Sorry, not going to make Homestead. But I'll take a rain check and probably see you in the spring at a newly repaved Daytona. -Snack

HAWK

What all you SE guys seem to be missing is that this is a ONE time thing. The ROC will be back at Daytona next year and the year after that and the year after that.....

What would have been nice is to have had the ONE off year some where else. I understand that the poll was not binding, I also understand that CCS missed an opportunity to do the members not on the east coast a favor just this ONE time.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Noidly1

I'm with Hawk, Snack and sasrocks on this one.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Jack_Brock

FWIW, I've always heard good things about CCS Florida and Henry.  Also, if you win a ROC race against Robert or Jeff-You deserve a National Championship trophy.  As far as CCS in other parts, I've had issues.

The first big issue was I think 2005(not sure if that was Kevin or Clear channel), I attended a race and in the riders meeting, Larry Denning(the Jensen of years past) brought up that the temporary location of the finish line(on a corner with a rise) was not safe and asked for it to be moved back some distance to the straight.  The race director laughed it off and told us to go home if we didn't feel safe racing motorcycles.  In my first race of the day, I had a guy hit me at about 130mph trying to beat me to the line for 4th place I think.  He didn't get ahead of me, but it sent me off track and I still thank God everytime I think of it that I didn't get seriously injured or killed.  I approached the race director and got more of the same that we got in the riders meeting, so I loaded up and went home.

The other issues I think both happened in 2007.  The first of these was an ASRA race at Topeka.  There was a car in the racing line after I crested Alpha at full stick and I damn near hit it as it was only going 30mph or so.  There were no flags and there were no lights on the car which was an Infiniti.  I was later told by Kevins second in command that the Infiniti was a doctor attending the race as a spectator who decided that a downed rider was not being attended to quick enough so he jumped in his car and drove on course.  Red flag, right?  Wrong!  The race continued and for most of the laps the Infiniti, an Ambulance, and a Crash truck were parked on the track surface on the exit of the corner that leads onto the back straight with a staitionary yellow.  After these two experiences, I really started to feel this kind of stuff was par for the course with CCS, and if that wasn't enough, then there was the Travis Marshall fiasco.  For those that don't know, Travis was a racer that held an Expert license with CMRA when he applied and was granted a Novice license with CCS.  He went on to win one of the coveted National Championship trophies as a novice and a lot of people were upset when nothing was done about the situation.  The fact that Travis started CCS South at about the same time went over like a turd in a punch bowl.  For those that haven't heard of CCS south, it was gone about as quick as it started.

Anyway, pardon me for being jaded.  When I saw they were considering HPT for ROC, I really thought it was great that the rest of the Country might get a break for a change.  If you guys don't get that, you just aren't listening.  As far as CMRA-I don't consider it my club as less than 20% of the races I've done have been with them.  Have they had talented guys?  Yes, and they always do.  Who recently?  Eslick, Westby, West, Dominguez and some guy named Spies.  It hasn't been that many years ago Eslick and Haner showed up at Hallett when they were pros, and I don't think either one got a top 5!  Henry, I'm guessing you have a financial interest in CCS Florida, so I don't expect you to concede anything here so I am out on this discussion.  Good luck to you and ROC at Homestead.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

hdpromos

Jack I believe that if you called Kevin, the two of you could mend the fences. He is a "straight shooter", knows this business and is very honest.
As for me, I own CCS/Florida and sanction with CCS. I have no financial interest in the ROC no matter where it is. I preferred Homestead to Topeka or anywhere else, as it is closest for the Florida Region riders. I go to the ROC as a fan not a promoter and I'm there to count the Florida wins, anything else doesn't count!

HD

George_Linhart

Quote from: hdpromos on June 23, 2010, 10:55:46 AM
As for me, I own CCS/Florida and sanction with CCS. I have no financial interest in the ROC no matter where it is. I preferred Homestead to Topeka or anywhere else, as it is closest for the Florida Region riders. I go to the ROC as a fan not a promoter and I'm there to count the Florida wins, anything else doesn't count!

Henry - I call BULL $HIT on this one.  Even if you don't get a portion of the Gate at ROC, you have a distinct financial interest in the ROC being held n Florida.  1) Holding the ROC in Florida motivates the local riders to continue to show up at local races in order to secure as favorable of a grid position for the ROC (which it just so happens is at a local racetrack so you get more % participation than any other CCS affiliate.)  2) You also stand gain windfall profits for any non-local riders who may decide to make the trip to Homestead ahead of the ROC in order to get track time in order to have a fair chance to compete on that track which is well know to locals.

Lets just be honest and adults about it.  I'd appreciate it if you would do me a favor back down on your lectures to the non-southeast racers when you clearly have a very distinct agenda here which may or may not align with the interests of the majority of stakeholders in the discussion.

End of the day, we all just have to realize that it was Kevin's decision to make based upon a variety of factors; however, it was clearly and solely his decision to make.  Do I believe that there is some truth here that Kevin used the threat of going to HPT as an alternate venue in order to get a favorable agreement on Homestead?  Yes.  While that may or may not have really been a factor in his decision to start the pole - if it was part of the reason, I think it was a wise business move and I applaud the negotiation tactic. 

As a racer I respect the risks that Kevin has taken on in buying and running this business and I am not about to second guess his decision as owner.  I had a vote in the poll, but as stated, it was informal and non binding so I really didn't have a vote in the decision.  While I don't like or agree with everything done in and around CCS (particularly this decision) I personally do have an economic vote though how I spend my money and I can assure you that my $$$ won't be going to Homestead.

Big picture, if I were to decide (like Jack - who is a very fast racer by the way) that I don't like CCS or how it is run as a racing organization, I can just make other choices. I could decide to race WERA, I could decide to race CMRA or some other series or I could just decide to retire.  This is the reality, across all of the 1500 licensed racers, that Kevin needs to think about as the owner of CCS.

George

hdpromos

Quote from: George_Linhart on June 23, 2010, 01:24:56 PM
Henry - I call BULL $HIT on this one.  Even if you don't get a portion of the Gate at ROC, you have a distinct financial interest in the ROC being held n Florida.  1) Holding the ROC in Florida motivates the local riders to continue to show up at local races in order to secure as favorable of a grid position for the ROC (which it just so happens is at a local racetrack so you get more % participation than any other CCS affiliate.)  2) You also stand gain windfall profits for any non-local riders who may decide to make the trip to Homestead ahead of the ROC in order to get track time in order to have a fair chance to compete on that track which is well know to locals.

Lets just be honest and adults about it.  I'd appreciate it if you would do me a favor back down on your lectures to the non-southeast racers when you clearly have a very distinct agenda here which may or may not align with the interests of the majority of stakeholders in the discussion.

End of the day, we all just have to realize that it was Kevin's decision to make based upon a variety of factors; however, it was clearly and solely his decision to make.  Do I believe that there is some truth here that Kevin used the threat of going to HPT as an alternate venue in order to get a favorable agreement on Homestead?  Yes.  While that may or may not have really been a factor in his decision to start the pole - if it was part of the reason, I think it was a wise business move and I applaud the negotiation tactic. 

As a racer I respect the risks that Kevin has taken on in buying and running this business and I am not about to second guess his decision as owner.  I had a vote in the poll, but as stated, it was informal and non binding so I really didn't have a vote in the decision.  While I don't like or agree with everything done in and around CCS (particularly this decision) I personally do have an economic vote though how I spend my money and I can assure you that my $$$ won't be going to Homestead.

Big picture, if I were to decide (like Jack - who is a very fast racer by the way) that I don't like CCS or how it is run as a racing organization, I can just make other choices. I could decide to race WERA, I could decide to race CMRA or some other series or I could just decide to retire.  This is the reality, across all of the 1500 licensed racers, that Kevin needs to think about as the owner of CCS.

George

George, you sir are full of it! :jerkoff: I have no "distinct financial interest" in a ROC at Homestead! All the BS :blahblah: you rolled out to prove that it helps me in any way financially is just that, BS. The 2004 ROC at Homestead did not increase our grids before or after the event and it will not be affected by this one either. As far as "lectures" and the "big picture", you need a good "lecturing" because you obviously don't know what the hell the "big picture" is! :spank:

HD

funsizeracing

Quote from: hdpromos on June 23, 2010, 03:14:18 PM
As far as "lectures" and the "big picture", you need a good "lecturing" because you obviously don't know what the hell the "big picture" is! :spank:

HD
Why don't you enlighten us? 
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

hdpromos

Quote from: funsizeracing on June 23, 2010, 04:14:19 PM
Why don't you enlighten us? 

I already have! Go back and read it. If you still don't get it, I can't help you! :banghead:

HD

sasrocks

Quote from: hdpromos on June 23, 2010, 04:43:28 PM

I already have! Go back and read it. If you still don't get it, I can't help you! :banghead:

HD

keep going man, you're on a roll!! winning over hearts and minds every time you open your mouth.

funsizeracing

Quote from: hdpromos on June 23, 2010, 04:43:28 PM

HD

All I've seen is you telling everyone they are wrong but not actually provide any rational arguments to back up your statements.  Perhaps I missed them when I was sidetracked by your snarky and snide tone you took with others simply because you didn't like what they said.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com