Heartland Park-Topeka
97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Greeny on June 25, 2010, 12:17:22 AM
oh, i didn't understand you were one of the ccs decision makers.

You don't seem to be following along.. It had been pointed out more than a few times, yet some were not catching on. I pointed out in what i thought to be a very clear and easy to read format what the main reasons were likely to be. Comprende?
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Tornado Bait

Quote from: Jack_Brock on June 24, 2010, 12:46:30 PM
That is a great post!  If it works out that way, maybe HPT can have an outlaw race for a little salt on the wound.
I'm in.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

Greeny

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 25, 2010, 10:10:54 AM
You don't seem to be following along.. It had been pointed out more than a few times, yet some were not catching on. I pointed out in what i thought to be a very clear and easy to read format what the main reasons were likely to be. Comprende?

well, senor, I wasn't interested in your personal thoughts or assumptions regarding the decision, we can all speculate as to why Homestead was chosen.  I simply wanted to know the actual reasons that CCS decided to hold it there despite a pretty decisive vote - from CCS themselves.  If you'd prefer my response in a numbered list for clarity, just lemme know.

Burt Munro

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 24, 2010, 09:29:50 PM
Yea, what is a tornado or 2 to liven up some race speed laps! LOL>

Play along with me here.....  can you imagine the lap times you could turn if a tornado was to settle in the exact center of the track?  200 mph tailwind all the way around the track!

Might have to make some allowance though for debris on the track.... like porta potties, and corner workers who weren't tied down, and an occasional cow or two.  Visibility might be down a touch too. 

Good thing they run the track counter-clockwise!    :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

d-wire

I've been skippin the Daytona ROC cause while it is fun, it isn't a road coarse and you spend 70% of the lap at wide open throttle and only 6 corners. 

I understand that its got to suck for the northern guys to drive to Daytona every year. .... BUT, for me.....

I have driven to Kansas,VIR,RRR,Tally and Barber to race guys on their tracks....it will be cool to race the same guys on a track that I ride more often.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

GSXR RACER MIKE

We're almost 1/2 way to the length of the 'White or Yellow' thread!

:err:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Eric Kelcher

When all the information was gathered, this poll being one aspect, for the good of CCS and it's riders a decision was made. That decision was Homestead.

What the inner workings of who, what, where, how much, staff, weather, etc, some of which is confidential, was all taken into account then decision was announced when it was made so riders could make plans.

FYI I was not privy to the decision process, nor have I asked what criteria was used to determine location; my answer is soley based on my knowledge of the business.  And the biggest reason I don't need the details:  I know Kevin will make best decision for the racers and future health of amatuer and semi pro racing.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Super Dave

Quote from: Jack_Brock on June 22, 2010, 11:45:28 PM
The first big issue was I think 2005(not sure if that was Kevin or Clear channel), I attended a race and in the riders meeting, Larry Denning(the Jensen of years past) brought up that the temporary location of the finish line(on a corner with a rise) was not safe and asked for it to be moved back some distance to the straight.
Agreed.  I didn't even go to that event, but I saw a map of the layout.  Totally ridiculous.

Quote from: Jack_Brock on June 22, 2010, 11:45:28 PMThere were no flags and there were no lights on the car which was an Infiniti.  I was later told by Kevins second in command that the Infiniti was a doctor attending the race as a spectator who decided that a downed rider was not being attended to quick enough so he jumped in his car and drove on course.
Actually, I'm betting that was the hopped up Infinity of HPT.  Generally, it was driven by someone employed by the track that does a lot of SCCA stuff...and he has little actual recognition that bikes don't slow down like cars.

Super Dave

skiandclimb

Eric,

I appreciate you taking the time to post up. Thank you for that.  With that said, and I don't want to speak for everyone- just me, but the poll kind of made me feel as though we, the riders, were going to have a say in the ROC location. When the 2/3's majority didn't pan out for HPT, I felt as though we (the riders) were merely used as a pawn. 

For me, it comes down to this- I understand CCS is a privately owned company, and is in the business to make money.  I get that, as do most people.  However, the "poll" (forgive my usage of quotation marks, but I think you know why) if really a true aspect of the decision, angers me a tad, given that the "poll" was done here on the unofficial CCS forum....not on the Jennings forum, or anywhere else, it was done here.  Yet, the decision was not announced here..... and for a week, we have been left in the dark on a decision I felt we were supposed to be "part" of-or at least was lead to believe we were a part of.  I trust you can understand my wonderment here.

Again, I do thank you for replying, but your answer doesn't really shed any light on the subject.  And maybe we don't deserve to know the real reasons, but I feel that an attempt was made by CCS to get the rider's input.  As such, there is a natural feeling of being jilted by many, when we were not made privy of the location by CCS staff on the board where the rider's input was implied in the first place. :wtf:

Best regards,
Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

skiandclimb

Quote from: CCS on May 17, 2010, 04:36:16 PM
This poll is for our information only, it is not a guarantee that the event will be held at the track that scores best in the poll.

Fair enough....onto the rest:

Quote from: CCS on May 17, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

The two tracks we use that have the weekend open are Heartland Park Topeka and Homestead Miami Speedway. While there are advantages to both facilities there are also disadvantages to each, so as far as that part of the equation goes, it is up to you to figure out which gets your vote. This poll is not the final say on the location of the event, but it will give us a better feel for which facility to proceed in negotiations with.

OK, the above text, I think, is where most of us likely felt we were an integral part of this process. Especially the highlighted portions.

I am honestly not trying to make a mountain out of a mole-hill on this subject, but come on.....can't you guys at least see the angst???

And, honestly, how did the negotiations go with HPT? I would bet they were stoked to get your call, and probably would have made any concession needed to be the ROC host.
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Eric Kelcher

I am not Kevin nor am I speaking for Kevin and as previously posted I have not discussed with him what the reasons are or the full criteria that was considered in this decision.

I am just part time staff. I have no insight to this issue other than being employed full time in years past, and having done regional schedule many years ago.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

skiandclimb

I apologize, Eric. I should have addressed this to you (BTW, fixed it!)

I really do appreciate you posting up, man. I just think it would be nice if Mr Elliott would have in the first place, you know?

Cheers,
Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com