Which track would you prefer for the ROC on October 15-17, 2010

Heartland Park-Topeka
97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

racer880

The ROC  usually has 750 to 1500 entries.Most CCS racers dont read this forum and did not know about the poll.

SnacktimeKC

I think we would have had bigger grids had it been at HPT. Not only would we have had us CCS guys there, but since the ROC has always been an open format I think we would have drawn from CMRA, CRA, MRA and possibly a few WERA folks. Next time, don't have a poll if it's going mean nothing. -John Deuser

Super Dave

Quote from: racer880 on June 21, 2010, 03:35:27 PM
The ROC  usually has 750 to 1500 entries.
Used to have more.  I think just about 2000 in 2000.  And insurance has gone up dramatically, thus, reducing the ability to rent the track for as many days as ROC ,and even the spring Daytona races, have been reduced.

Agreed that not everyone is on the forum, but it is still away to gauge possible interest in other opportunities. 
Super Dave

Team Spalding

The decision is made. Doesn't matter why so load up a trailer with some buddies, split the gas, camp at the track, eat out of a cooler and road trip to Miami to race motorcycles.

If not stay home and pick weeds or mow your lawn.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

smoke54

as a slow learner i made sure to attend the ROC last year to ensure that i had some laps at Daytona in preparation for a full season's attempt at a top 3 finish this year at the ROC in my chosen class.  the likelihood of me making an earlier run at Homestead this year at this late date is nil so i will be attending and will do the best that i can.  i was actually hoping for a non CCS track to be selected that was more central to all the racers with Road Atlanta being my preference but it is what it is and we all will have to do the best that we can.  how many laps do you have at Homestead Greg?  would you be willing to lead me around for 1/2 a session?
tim

hdpromos

Quote from: Firecat on June 21, 2010, 01:24:55 AM
I was excited about the possibility of racing in my first ROC....not excited anymore because there is no way I'm making that trip.

I really am sorry to see the way this turned out...maybe someone will give us an explanation on why the majority winner was not chosen.

Try this one! If Topeka was owned by ISC (Daytona) and Homestead was not, the ROC would have been in Topeka!

HD

Andi

Quote from: Orange Kr8,RC51 minus 43 on June 21, 2010, 04:11:38 PM
The decision is made. Doesn't matter why so load up a trailer with some buddies, split the gas, camp at the track, eat out of a cooler and road trip to Miami to race motorcycles.

If not stay home and pick weeds or mow your lawn.
Or race with CMRA at Texas World 2 weeks later

hdpromos

Quote from: Andi on June 21, 2010, 06:25:18 PM
Or race with CMRA at Texas World 2 weeks later

Except there's no National Championship trophies at Texas World!

HD

crowdpleazr

Topeka KS for the Pleazr please!

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Super Dave on June 20, 2010, 06:49:25 PM
Well, DIS has been an integral part of CCS since its beginning in 1984.  I believe that DIS owns Homestead.

Yup.. this has something to do with it..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MELK-MAN

Quote from: LilJayRR on June 21, 2010, 12:32:38 PM
Try again, if everyone that voted followed the instructions for the poll......

'Please vote based on your likelyhood to attend the event. If you know you are not going to attend regardless of location, please do taint the results by voting.'

How many racers actaully attend ROC?

Many racers that DO attenct ROC do NOT even know there is a CCS website forum. So it's a bit unfair to say what you did..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super Dave

Quote from: hdpromos on June 21, 2010, 06:17:27 PM
Try this one! If Topeka was owned by ISC (Daytona) and Homestead was not, the ROC would have been in Topeka!

HD
Agreed!

Apparently, they had talked at one time.
Super Dave