News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Proposed rule change: Gridding by points (revisited)

Started by hernan52, October 13, 2009, 04:24:24 PM

mattg

i vote to grid by points in that particular class.  using only points earned in MWGP races for MWGP grid position.  Then, only allow gridding by points for pre-entry. 

Post entry could go either way, by date / time of entry or by points.. I'm indifferent at that point. 

thoughts?  (sorry if this has been mentioned, I've been reading this thread all afternoon between moments of working)

Greeny

although this is probably gonna put me on the outside of matt for every start, i agree ^^^ if it's not too much trouble.  ;)

Super Dave

I'll post up Hernan's revision of my original rule proposal, and I think Hernan's covers a couple of scenarios that I didn't cover....

Quote3.4.2 CCS Series Gridding Procedures
A. Unless otherwise stated, riders will be gridded pre entered riders first by most current regional class standings with host region riders first, other region riders at random; post entered riders by order of entry.  If a rider has class standings in multiple regions, the highest class standing will be used.  (Note:  CCS affiliates may use different grid order procedures.  Check with the local organization for specific information on gridding.)
     i.  Riders will be gridded for opening region events by order of entry only.
Super Dave

Greeny

so just to clarify, if you have 100 pts in the GP region and ur currently in 1st, but you're at a MW event which you have, say, 30 pts in that specific region...  would you be gridded at Blackhawk according to your 30 MW points (in front of other MW riders that pre entered with less points) or BEHIND all the MW pre entries bc your GP status of class leader takes precedence? 

I hope that made sense...