Proposed rule change: Gridding by points (revisited)

Started by hernan52, October 13, 2009, 04:24:24 PM

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Super Dave

Quote from: skidMARK on November 06, 2009, 03:13:07 PM
I would change my name to AAA
I'm going for "a", so you'll have to be next to me on the grid.
Super Dave

RAISING CANE

I have never cared for the pre entry method of gridding riders but now that Ive been involved for several years it seems to make sense. I have noticed that the riders who are seriously going after a class title or going after contingency money will make the effort to get all thier pre-entries in early as possible. The casual racers that i have encountered purposly enter closer to the deadline to avoid grid positions up front and the very new riders tend to enter at the event.

Now this is certainly not always the case, but seems to work out this way most of the time.

Given the complexity of using points or lap times....pre-entry works.
Glenn Penland
CCS EX# 502
Sponsored by FAST LANE GRAPHICS for all your printing needs call 954-304-1422

skiandclimb

I don't mind pre-entry gridding.  I truly hope that it comes down to a performance index deal though.  I rode in Supertwins and didn't get one of those points added to my year end #'s....which I feel is complete doo-doo. If P.I. were a factor, guys like me would always grid in the rear if we ventured into other races.

Off topic, but can anyone tell me why certain races are not equal to others?

TIA,
Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on November 17, 2009, 09:34:28 PM
Off topic, but can anyone tell me why certain races are not equal to others?
For PI?  Number of entries.  If you win a race with 50 riders, it would follow that it is "better" than winning a race with 5 riders in it.
Super Dave

skiandclimb

Quote from: Super Dave on November 17, 2009, 09:40:33 PM
For PI?  Number of entries.  If you win a race with 50 riders, it would follow that it is "better" than winning a race with 5 riders in it.

No, I get that. I also agree with it. I was really talking about why certain races are considered different in terms of points. IE: Supertwins points are not counted towards total points or P.I.  Why is this? We pay the same license fees, race entry fees, etc.  But our pts. dont count? Just wondering...
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on November 17, 2009, 10:13:44 PM
No, I get that. I also agree with it. I was really talking about why certain races are considered different in terms of points. IE: Supertwins points are not counted towards total points or P.I.  Why is this? We pay the same license fees, race entry fees, etc.  But our pts. dont count? Just wondering...
Because it is very specific to a particular kind of exclusive bike.  Supertwins - twins.  Supersport, Superbike, GP includes any design two stroke, four stroke, three's, four's, six's, twin's, singles, etc...they are inclusive classes.
Super Dave

ahastings

Quote from: Super Dave on November 17, 2009, 09:40:33 PM
actually you are a little off there Dave. If you win a race your PI is always 1000 no matter how few riders are in it, its when you get 2nd or worse that your pi will be higher with more riders :)
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Super Dave

Quote from: ahastings on November 20, 2009, 12:11:33 AM
actually you are a little off there Dave. If you win a race your PI is always 1000 no matter how few riders are in it, its when you get 2nd or worse that your pi will be higher with more riders :)
Thanks, Arnie!

I really don't care much about PI.  Thought the whole thing was gay.  Let's just go race.  Second place is still the first looser.
Super Dave

ahastings

Quote from: Super Dave on November 20, 2009, 01:33:01 PM
Thanks, Arnie!

I really don't care much about PI.  Thought the whole thing was gay.  Let's just go race.  Second place is still the first looser.
well the PI is only used for one thing and rightfully so and that is when determining the top 10 overall experts in each region, which sort of cuts down on people just piling on classes they arent competitive in to win a #1 overall . Although I still think a better way would be just to take your best 5 classes and forget the pi.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Super Dave

Quote from: ahastings on November 20, 2009, 03:57:48 PMAlthough I still think a better way would be just to take your best 5 classes and forget the pi.
I advocated that for years myself.  Would still allow a racer to pile on nine or ten classes to keep CCS going better while opening it up for other riders. 
Super Dave

Boober

I find problems with every possible scenario so I vote to leave it as is!