and those who support terror. These activists may be alone or in a
gathering.....most of us don't know how to react to them. When you come
upon one of these people, or one of their rallies, here are the proper
rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike up a
conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They
will tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the people who
did this to us, we will only bring on more violence. They will probably use
many arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them in
the nose.

3. When the person gets up off of the ground, they will be very angry
and they may try to hit you, so be careful.

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only brings
about more violence and remind them of their stand on this matter. Tell
them if they are really committed to a nonviolent approach to undeserved
attacks, they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell
them they must lead by example if they really believe what they are
saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are
correct.

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them much
harder. Square in the nose.

7. Repeat steps 2-5 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot
realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making.

8. There is no difference in an individual attacking an unsuspecting
victim or a group of terrorists attacking a nation of people. It is
unacceptable and must be dealt with. Perhaps at a high cost.

We owe our military a huge debt for what they are about to do for us and
our children. We must support them and our leaders at times like these. We
have no choice. We either strike back, VERY HARD, or we will keep getting
hit in the nose.

Lesson over, class dismissed.

TZDeSioux

Dawn

Oh my gosh!   That was too funny and so true!

Dawn   :)

Jeff

So instead, try this one on for size...

When the peace-nik is talking to you, wait until a passerby that you don't like the looks of comes by and punch HIM/HER in the nose...

hmmmm...  well, since I can't nail the guy who killed the ~3500 innocents, let's divert the attention to someone else...

The correlation of 9/11 and sadam hussein (sp?) is almost comical.  People are on this revenge kick after the wrong person simply because the right one couldn't be caught.

Whatever...  

Feel free to comment/argue/flame my statements, but I won't comment further...

In closing, I will absolutely say that I support our TROOPS, and hope to a swift resolution to this event...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MightyDuc Racing

I say we just kick the enemy's asses and quite arguing amongst ourselves.  These protesters should support their country or go live somewhere else.  I'm sure there's plenty of available real estate in Iraq by now.   ::)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Mongrel

Quotehmmmm...  well, since I can't nail the guy who killed the ~3500 innocents, let's divert the attention to someone else...

The correlation of 9/11 and sadam hussein (sp?) is almost comical.  People are on this revenge kick after the wrong person simply because the right one couldn't be caught.

Keep that head in the sand.  [Arabic voice] no weapons of mass destructions here [/Arabic voice]   Let me draw you a Crayola  picture.  Saddam has offered to pay the families of suicide bombers. And has terrorist camps in his country.

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

Didn't we have this discussion before?

Yep - war sucks.  Everyone agrees on that.
Saddam sucks.  Everyone agrees.
Osama Ben Laudin sucks.  Everyone agrees.
9-11 - USS Cole - US Embassy - all bombed - all sucked.

How we should proceed?  Not everyone agrees.

Let's support our troops and pray for a quick end to this.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

harb990

Quoteharb 990...
what makes you think that just because someone is against this war they can't or won't kick your a.s

some people who oppose this war might be willing to blow your freeking brains out (although from your post it doesn't seem that you are using them anyway )

MJ

first - I did not write what I posted - simply posted what I got from a friend and if you look at the title of the post I figured it would tick some people off and I apologized a head of time.

second - if someone feels the need to "kick my a$$" for what I posted, bring it on - they have issues.

third - this post was not about the war and whether you agree or disagree with it - it was simply about sharing something I found funny with other people (as I've stated in #1)

fourth - I think it is fine to disagree with the war, but everyone that is protesting is showing disrespect for the troops that are over there fighting for something that was deemed important and a threat to the freedoms our country offers.

If you feel the need to respond, please do, but I will not probably look at this post again as it has changed into a conversation I wish to carry on no more.

Nate R

Quotebut everyone that is protesting is showing disrespect for the troops that are over there fighting for something that was deemed important and a threat to the freedoms our country offers.

I STRONGLY disagree with that statement. You can be against the war, but have support for the TROOPS, I think.

But, believe what you will. That's all I'll say about that.

On the other hand: (My brother is in the Mid-East right now, and has been since January. He was supposed to come back in March, but we'll be lucky if he's back in June.)  I recieved word from my brother's Madison base that the families of those in the Mid East from his division were supposed to have a get together this weekend. But, because of protesting in front of the AFB, these familes will NOT be able to enter the base, and thus they are left without support from eachother for longer. Some of those familes REALLY need this support from other familes with troops overseas.  

I think that protesting in front of an Air Force base isn't a good place. It's not going to get a whole lot of attention from the public around there, and just cause problems at the base.

Point being: I think the protesting is OK, and you can support TROOPS but not the war, but there are Inappropriate times and places for such protests.

Either way, I think I'm against this war, but I still found humor in the post. I liked it.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super Dave

QuoteI STRONGLY disagree with that statement. You can be against the war, but have support for the TROOPS, I think.

Point being: I think the protesting is OK, and you can support TROOPS but not the war, but there are Inappropriate times and places for such protests.

Either way, I think I'm against this war, but I still found humor in the post. I liked it.

Can you support the troops and not support the war?

I have not felt completely comfortable with that statement, and I friend and I were talking.  He felt that you cannot support the troops and disagree with the war.  

I will do a poor job of paraphrasing it, but I'll try.

But I guess maybe if you "support the troops", what does that mean?  Does it mean that you feel no obligation to legitimize the work they are doing, the risks they are taking to help another people and our own people in addition to people world wide?

Does "supporting the troops" mean that you feel that they are free to make their decisions, and you support that they may do as they wish?

Soldiers have a purpose.  They are there for a job.  Not supporting the actions of our troops, the action in Iraq, is no support for our troops...our children, fathers, mothers...friends, family...that put their lives on the line to protect us.

Let there be no doubt in your minds as you embark on this mission that you carry the hopes, the prayers, and the gratitude of your country with you.

Every generation learns anew that freedom carries a steep price. You are paying that price with your courage and your commitment, no less than those who fought to liberate Europe, to defend freedom in Korea and Vietnam, and to combat aggression in Kuwait a decade ago.

As our fathers and grandfathers fought against and defeated Nazism, fascism, and communism, our generation must confront terrorism. You have answered the call.

We know that you neither wanted this war nor fired the first shot. The war against America began on September 11, 2001, with the murder of 3,000 Americans. You fight in their name.

You fight in the name of our children and our children's children who will not have to face a world dominated by terror.

We know that all war is brutal, ugly, and dangerous. But we also know that the price of inaction is even worse. We have learned the lessons of history - that the fruit of appeasement is war on an even more brutal scale. You fight so that the world will not have to face the nightmare of a tyrant like Saddam Hussein armed with chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons which he can use to threaten, intimidate, and murder. You fight today so that others will not have to fight even more savage battles in the future.
We know that you have seen the antiwar protests around the world and in our own country. But know this: your country is behind you.

You are our sons, our daughters, our brothers and sisters; our wives and husbands. You are the best this country has to offer.

In the difficult hours ahead, as President Bush said, "the success of our cause will depend on you. Your training has prepared you. Your honor will guide you. You believe in America, and America believes in you."

You fight IN OUR NAME.

Super Dave

Super Dave

About support...

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your consul, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget ye were our countrymen."
-- Samuel Adams
Super Dave