News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Whats your screen name & # all about?

Started by skiandclimb, February 25, 2009, 10:34:57 PM

catman

Quote from: CATMAN on March 11, 2009, 12:28:58 AM
CATMAN was a youthful knickname during the 1960's and 1970s while racing Arctic Cat snowmobiles fairly sucessfully.

Doctor

resuscit8u is what I do for a living at my day job- I resuscitate you.

892 is because of Jim Rodefer Jr. One of my best friends, and happens to be one of my racers as well. After a season of watching him race for me I decided that I had to race as well, and chose the number following his. He is 891, so I am 892.
Wisconsin SportBikes Racing Team, Zone Photo, Dunlop, MotoVid.com, Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Jim Lilly
CCS Ex #703

skipper08

Skipper is the caracter from madascar, one of the penguins. everyone says that my personality is just like him and like one of the other penguins called rico (a crazy fuk)

300 is just a number i picked and it brought me good luck in 08 and so far so good in my 09 season.
i carry 14 in the front in little since thats my dad number.

also the 300 is the sparta 300 so...... yeah lol
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

catman

Quote from: resuscit8u on March 11, 2009, 12:46:55 AM
resuscit8u is what I do for a living at my day job- I resuscitate you.

892 is because of Jim Rodefer Jr. One of my best friends, and happens to be one of my racers as well. After a season of watching him race for me I decided that I had to race as well, and chose the number following his. He is 891, so I am 892.

Well there ya go!What are friends for?! A noble job you do resucit8

Over-ReActor

Not that any of you give a shit, but I got my name from Mad Brad from the the Wera bbs. It kind of stuck with me. He got band from there cause he was smart and volatile. I use the name for the same reason.  Except I'm volatile, stupid and banned from there.

catman

Quote from: Over-ReActor on March 12, 2009, 02:25:39 AM
Not that any of you give a shit, but I got my name from Mad Brad from the the Wera bbs. It kind of stuck with me. He got band from there cause he was smart and volatile. I use the name for the same reason.  Except I'm volatile, stupid and banned from there.

Welcome to the (likely)fastest growing club in Motorcycling!

P_M

This should be easy..

My screen name is my initials.  Not very original, but what the heck.. I think it was late and I was tired when I signed up..

Uh, I really dont' have a number, since I'm not racing.. But the hat thing came from the racers, passing messages to 'that black hat guy' though the MAARC crew..  So the racers named me.
Ok, so I'm faster with my camera then you are with your bike..

Black Cowboy Hats - Keep the sun off my neck.
Nikon (because I use the best)
RnR Cycles - Great folks, great service
Team Pro-Motion - Just for the fun of it..
Photographing the Racing because I love the Sport and you folks ROCK!

Expat2b

My screen name (which is also my web domain name) started out as a comment made in jest...

During my first CCS/ASRA race event at Daytona several years ago, the weather was very hot. As I wandered throughout the paddock, I found myself [quite pleasantly] surrounded by skin and leather as racers returned from the track and unzipped their leathers (way, way down low) to cool off. [Sidebar: I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would race in 90+ degree weather in direct sun wearing black leathers!]  Anyway, I said to someone jokingly, Mmmmmm...."skinandleather"....that sounds like a name for a web site...LOL!   

Kidding aside, today the web site aims to celebrate your fine physiques and passion for racing, and hopefully capture some  memories for you while you and your crews are taking care of the important stuff!  It is a joy to watch you, and the pictures give me a vehicle to better understand what you do and why you do it. It is fascinating, inspirational, entertaining, and a lot of fun. 

I honestly tried to think of a traditional domain name but finally decided to keep the risque name because it could be easily remembered and every possible other normal domain name for a photography web site was taken!!! 

On the positive side, the unique name probably attracts more traffic to the site which brings racers, CCS/ASRA, and the sport of motorcycle racing additional international exposure...we have received hits from 22 countries within the past year, including:

United States (US)
United Kingdom (GB)   
Canada (CA)   
Italy (IT)   
Germany (DE)   
France (FR)   
Spain (ES)   
Pakistan (PK)   
Switzerland (CH)   
Denmark (DK)   
Romania (RO)   
Croatia (HR)   
Europe (EU)   
Greece (GR)   
Philippines (PH)   
Thailand (TH)   
Indonesia (ID)   
Dominican Republic (DO)   
Qatar (QA)   
Turkey (TR)   
Japan (JP)   
Brazil (BR)

Who knows, maybe your next sponsor will be someone who discovered you when they were surfing for something else ;) 
:spank:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

~ Kathy
Race fan
MARRC Cornerworker, Photographer, Newsletter editor, PR/Communications, Facebook Admin, Membership DBA, and most important: race weekend breakfast chef!
www.skinandleather.com

xb9racer

truckstop

The origins of truckstop is too long and boring to go into, but I use it on on all the moto boards for consistency, and because it's gender neutral so as to avoid any unwanted leg-humping. Truckstop as a nickname conjures up the mental image of a big sweaty guy in a stained wife beater and pork chop side burns... or so I have been told when peeps find out I'm a chick.

I've had a different number every year. I keep going for 31 which would be the mirror of my husband's 13. My First number was 131, then requested the lowest available 2 digit number so they gave me 27 which bugged me since I'm no Casey Stoner. This year I requested and got 24 which has been my favorite number for many years. My birthday is on the 24th, so is the hub's, when I was young I always thought 24 was the best age. (Old enough to be taken seriously yet still young) I moved to Germany on my 24th birthday.

Ducati23

My bikes are Ducati's, probably because I own a dealership and 23 is my number. Why make things complicated...
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

tstruyk

I'll have to break this down like a fraction... tst ru yk

tst = Thiosulfate sulfurtransferase (rhodanese), also known as TST, is a human gene.

The product of this gene is a mitochondrial matrix enzyme that is encoded by the nucleus. It may play roles in cyanide detoxification, the formation of iron-sulfur proteins, and the modification of sulfur-containing enzymes. The gene product contains two highly conservative domains (rhodanese homology domains), suggesting these domains have a common evolutionary origin.

ru = Ruthenium is a chemical element that has the symbol Ru and atomic number 44. A rare transition metal of the platinum group of the periodic table, ruthenium is found associated with platinum ores and used as a catalyst in some platinum alloys.

YK = A yūgen gaisha or yūgen kaisha (Jp. lit. "limited company," abbreviated in English as Y.K. or by wasei-eigo Co., Ltd.) is a form of business organization in Japan.

Yugen gaisha are based on the German GmbH and were implemented in Japan in the Limited Company Act of 1940. Companies Act, implemented on May 1, 2006, replaced the yugen gaisha with a new form of company called gōdō gaisha, based upon the American limited liability company. Following the implementation, no new YKs were allowed in Japan, but pre-existing YKs were allowed to continue their operations as kabushiki gaisha under special rules.

Whether the term is pronounced as yūgen gaisha or yūgen kaisha is up to the local dialect, or up to the company's preference when it is part of the company's name. While it is pronounced yūgen gaisha in standard Japanese, the alphabetic abbreviation is always Y.K. by standard.

So to sum up... I am a Japanese based business plan that is involved with human gene's that detoxify cyanide with the use of rare metals...

but Thiosulfate sulfurtransferase, Ruthenium, yūgen kaisha was just too much to fit for a screen name...

is it April yet??????

:biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"