News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

About 2009 Schedule...Big questions....

Started by gixxerzoli, November 22, 2008, 05:24:35 PM

gixxerzoli

Okay guys!
I think everybody saw the new 2009 schedule.
Did you recognized Carolina, Summit, NJMP, Barber gonna be double sprints weekend.
How the CCS gonna do this????????
I mean a usual weekend is pretty tight, how the hell we gonna able to do double sprints????
Every race gona  be like 2-3 laps or what?
Other thing,...double sprints = double money for signup. So if we planned to do like 5 races on the whole weekend, we have to sign up for effin 10????? Of corse if we wanna stay in competition. Can we get discount for signup?? Or lowered entry fees?
AND tires.....yep,....of corse double too.
Who the hell can finance this all year?????

Super Dave

Looks like some of that all over, but I haven't had a good chance to compare it against last years schedule. 

Unfortunately, complaints are the standard on schedules.

Every year is harder and harder.  Gas prices being like they were years ago will help, but only a little. 
Super Dave

bel-biv

Twin Sprints events are great!
Barber has been a twin sprint race and is fun
Basically, there are no GT races on day 2
Srints aren't any shorter than normal

For me running a 1000, and only being able to run 4 classes, I like it
Racing is expensive, but no one is holding a gun to your head to run every class at every race event

I like the '09 schedule
Come on April!!
Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

Gixxerblade

Do one day and not the next on twin sprint weekend. Or enter 3 on one day and 5 on the next. Not a big deal. Racing isn't cheap. Maybe don't do the whole schedule. I am in this for a hobby and don't plan on winning any championships. If those are your goals good luck to you!

honda60071

Yo clark you hear about Kent M getting a new used suzki? But right on with the MA scschedule, complaints who needs them lets just race and have some fun!!
Shawn

Gixxerblade

I already am making plans for next year, thinking and budgeting for 5 or 6 of the 8 weekends. I hadn't heard that Kent had gotten a Zook though. He said something about Iraq next year. Yo the MA schedule rocks!!!!! hehe!!!!

Ant

Not to sound like the noob I am but what exactly does twin sprint mean?

Tornado Bait

Quote from: Ant on November 23, 2008, 09:54:01 AM
Not to sound like the noob I am but what exactly does twin sprint mean?
It's like two race weekends worth of sprint races combined into one.  Check the 2008 sched/results for the twin srint events for an example.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

CCS

Twin Sprints allow riders to compete in double the amount of races for one gate fee, one set of travel expenses. While we know it doesn't help on tires or fuel for the race bike, it does help with you other expenses. (Plus your first entry for the weekend is $80, then every other CCS race is $55, regardless of which day it is on.)

The only reason we tentatively have one Twin Sprint at Summit Point is to keep the Track Championship alive. (We only do those for 4 or more races at one track.) All races are regular length based on time schedule set by the contract with the facility.

NJMP is practice on Friday, then Saturday and Sunday are like the Barber schedule from 2008. It is on the Lightning Course because the only dates available on Thunderbolt conflicted with Summit Point or VIR.

Also, if we see larger than anticipated pre-entry for a particular Twin Sprint, we do have the option of reverting to a single race format as we did the first year at Barber.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

MELK-MAN

where is the 09 schedule? i looked on ccsracing.us and only saw 08 stuff. Is it too early to send in pre-entries? Im not crazy about a bunch of weekends going twin sprint, but whatever keeps the sport alive.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super Dave

Quote from: MELK-MAN on November 23, 2008, 02:17:55 PM
where is the 09 schedule? i looked on ccsracing.us and only saw 08 stuff. Is it too early to send in pre-entries? Im not crazy about a bunch of weekends going twin sprint, but whatever keeps the sport alive.
Hey, Greg!  You're IN!  LOL!

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2009/misc/2009 ASRA CCS Schedule.pdf
Super Dave

honda60071

Quote from: Gixxerblade on November 23, 2008, 08:23:55 AM
I already am making plans for next year, thinking and budgeting for 5 or 6 of the 8 weekends. I hadn't heard that Kent had gotten a Zook though. He said something about Iraq next year. Yo the MA schedule rocks!!!!! hehe!!!!
I think he said he leaves in Dec., And he picked up the bike yesterday, he called me all giddy like a little school girl.........
Shawn