News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Manufacturers onboard for 2009 AMA Pro Road Racing!

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, October 24, 2008, 10:41:56 PM

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Chit Nuts on November 02, 2008, 08:28:30 AM
Sorry J - Yup - I proposed and she has a ring on her finger now....

Congrats to you both!

Burt Munro

Quote from: Chit Nuts on November 02, 2008, 08:28:30 AM
Sorry J - Yup - I proposed and now I have a ring in my nose....

Fixed it for you Scotty!!!!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Scotty Ryan

"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Scotty Ryan

JBraun

Quote from: LongDogRacing on October 28, 2008, 02:37:50 PM
JBraun,
Please elaborate!
Thanks,
--Justin
Pretty much what Scotty said.
Dunlop is basically the spec tire for superbike already, at least at the sharp end of the field. So not much has changed there.

Special tires for special riders is a good way to put it. To give a local example, look at Matt Hall, he went rediculously fast this year, battled with Jeff Wood during several ASRA rounds, placed well in AMA stuff, and he rides on Dunlops.
If Matt walked up to Jim Allen and asked for the tire that Ben Bostrom uses, Jim would fall over laughing.
The factories help Dunlop develop this stuff, and they don't want them sharing it with everyone. I don't see that changing.

Dunlop isn't alone in that regard, but they're the worst by far.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Quote from: JBraun on November 12, 2008, 03:14:59 PM
Pretty much what Scotty said.
Dunlop is basically the spec tire for superbike already, at least at the sharp end of the field. So not much has changed there.

Special tires for special riders is a good way to put it. To give a local example, look at Matt Hall, he went rediculously fast this year, battled with Jeff Wood during several ASRA rounds, placed well in AMA stuff, and he rides on Dunlops.
If Matt walked up to Jim Allen and asked for the tire that Ben Bostrom uses, Jim would fall over laughing.
The factories help Dunlop develop this stuff, and they don't want them sharing it with everyone. I don't see that changing.

Dunlop isn't alone in that regard, but they're the worst by far.
Well, I'll redirect on this a little.

First, since the entire field is going to have to be supplied with tires, the choices will be limited because of production numbers necessary to maintain the entire field.  And, this has to be recognized, a Dunlop rider will win the race.  So, it does come down to riding, set up, choices, etc., but since it's not necessary to ensure that your top flight team wins, like Yosh over Jordan, there isn't the need even to provide something like that.
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Looks like Yamaha is in for sure - Glad Josh is finaly getting to ride a big bike. Hope he kills everyone....

Super Dave

Quote from: Chit Nuts on November 14, 2008, 05:15:22 PM
Looks like Yamaha is in for sure - Glad Josh is finaly getting to ride a big bike. Hope he kills everyone....
Yeah, that would be cool. 

Does Mladin have an existing contract?
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: Super Dave on November 14, 2008, 06:48:35 PM
Yeah, that would be cool. 

Does Mladin have an existing contract?

Nothing that I've heard of - But then again I don;t hear everything.... I would hope so...... I would like to see what would come of everything ....

Super Dave

Quote from: Chit Nuts on November 16, 2008, 02:37:19 AM
Nothing that I've heard of - But then again I don;t hear everything.... I would hope so...... I would like to see what would come of everything ....
Ah, here we go...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30854

From November of 2007:  "Mat Mladin, the only six-time AMA Superbike Champion, will also focus his efforts on AMA Superbike and has recently re-signed with Suzuki for 2009."

He should be obligated to provide his services to Mel Harris. 
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

I had heard Spies hadn't made it into MotoGP and was going to World Superbike for 2009, now he's back to racing AMA in 2009 -  :wtf:.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: Super Dave on November 16, 2008, 05:05:59 AM
Ah, here we go...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30854

From November of 2007:  "Mat Mladin, the only six-time AMA Superbike Champion, will also focus his efforts on AMA Superbike and has recently re-signed with Suzuki for 2009."

He should be obligated to provide his services to Mel Harris. 

Well - We know how it could play out - Contracted rider is obligated to preform services for length of contract - Said rider doesn't perform services for entire length - Rider's salary is prorated for services rendered.

I know this has happened before - But I would think much less of everybody's "favorite rider" if he jumps ship now.... Not that I would be sad to see him go at all - But I would really lose the little respect that I do have for the guy.