Manufacturers onboard for 2009 AMA Pro Road Racing!

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, October 24, 2008, 10:41:56 PM

Super Dave

Quote from: XRacerX on October 29, 2008, 11:56:04 AM
But now you'll be buying every single tire you use. If you did this last year, then no biggie. But for all those guys sponsored by the other brands and getting tires free, they are screwed. But it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Im hoping everyone ends up on the exact same tire, thats how it should be once they are playing by the spec tire rule... Good luck to ya... 
I'm betting that there will be specific tires with no really unique stuff available.  I mean, to what end would that provide?  A Dunlop winner?  A Dunlop looser?  It's a required Dunlop field, so it's not a huge concern.  You pretty much have to sort out your bike, your riding, build your bike the best you can.  Even if ChenShin were making the tires and were the series sponsor, they would be the winner, right?

What kind of is the trick is that it breaks up the relationships that racers develop with the race distribution chain.  Those are important to up and coming racers and the market place as a whole. 

If you're a young racer that's good and fast, but not particularly wealthy or in the company of wealthy friends/family, your opportunities to move into the big show are certainly more limited in your purchasing power for tires outright.  The availability is "the same", but the number of availability might be limited. 

Additionally, support below the AMA level for riders might be only based on performance levels through contingency alone vs rider development as a well developed rider will only go into a spec series. 

But a manufacturer could use club level racing to really generate new marketing opportunities at that level on a national campaign where there is actually competition. 

So, I think there are a lot of things to think about.
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

I have actually had conversations concerning all of these topics - With people directly inside the industry.... And most of these topics were and are being taken into consideration - On all levels from the bottom up....  We'll all know in good time - Hopefully sooner then later........
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Super Dave

Quote from: Chit Nuts on October 30, 2008, 02:27:31 AMWe'll all know in good time - Hopefully sooner then later........
LOL!  Right!  Hopefully, all the information will be known as everyone is driving to Daytona.
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: Super Dave on October 30, 2008, 10:02:34 AM
LOL!  Right!  Hopefully, all the information will be known as everyone is driving to Daytona.

But isn't that part of the excitment of Daytona? In 07' I went down there without anything - Not knowing if I would even have boots to use....

Now that's some good excitment :)

Super Dave

Oh, it is exciting.   :ahhh:

I think Daytona is always easier to deal with if you always assume that it's going to be that way, which is usually pretty close to the truth. 

You and I both know, seldom are things ever close to perfect.
Super Dave

MegRyan

Quote from: Super Dave on October 31, 2008, 04:50:50 AM
Oh, it is exciting.   :ahhh:

I think Daytona is always easier to deal with if you always assume that it's going to be that way, which is usually pretty close to the truth. 

You and I both know, seldom are things ever close to perfect.

I think the easiest way to deal with Daytona AMA is from your couch watching it on TV... But for those stupid people like myself that feel the need to race the 200 each season - It's hard to do from the couch...... The advantage to the couch is that you don't beat the H#ll out of your breastbone after the 200 miles is up.....
~Meg Ryan~

Scotty Ryan

Damnit - I did it again..... That was my post - I keep forgeting that both Meg and I use these computers..........I'm just helping her smite count I guess....

tzracer

I think Mehgan has padding to protect her breast bone, not that you would know anything about that.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

Quote from: tzracer on November 01, 2008, 10:23:36 AM
I think Mehgan has padding to protect her breast bone, not that you would know anything about that.
I think they are going to get married, aren't they?
Super Dave

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Super Dave on November 01, 2008, 10:37:57 AM
I think they are going to get married, aren't they?

They are? 

So what, that's like public knowledge?

No one told me  :wtf:

Super Dave

Well, haven't they been going out for like eight years?  Maybe they were betrothed.
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: Team_Serpent on November 01, 2008, 05:33:18 PM
They are? 

So what, that's like public knowledge?

No one told me  :wtf:

Sorry J - Yup - I proposed and she has a ring on her finger now....