News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Manufacturers onboard for 2009 AMA Pro Road Racing!

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, October 24, 2008, 10:41:56 PM

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on November 16, 2008, 02:57:48 PM
I had heard Spies hadn't made it into MotoGP and was going to World Superbike for 2009, now he's back to racing AMA in 2009 -  :wtf:.

In road racing, the Rockstar Makita Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Race Team will again field the championship-winning 2007 team. Ben Spies, two-time AMA Superbike Champion and 2007 AMA Superstock Champion, will only race AMA Superbike in 2008. Mat Mladin, the only six-time AMA Superbike Champion, will also focus his efforts on AMA Superbike and has recently re-signed with Suzuki for 2009. Tommy Hayden, two-time AMA Supersport Champion, rounds out the impressive team line-up. Spies, Mladin and Hayden will race Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbikes in the premier class, and Hayden will also race the Suzuki GSX-R600 in the AMA Supersport class.

I don't see anything in there about Ben riding AMA this season - I know that he is competing in WSBK for Yamaha this upcoming season....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Super Dave

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on November 16, 2008, 02:57:48 PM
I had heard Spies hadn't made it into MotoGP and was going to World Superbike for 2009, now he's back to racing AMA in 2009 -  :wtf:.
Where did you hear he was going back to the AMA?
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Super Dave on November 16, 2008, 03:06:21 PM
Where did you hear he was going back to the AMA?

My bad, I didn't realize that article you linked to was from over a year ago, I thought it was a new article so I wasn't paying specific attention to the dates and assumed it was talking about next season (2009). :ahhh:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on November 16, 2008, 03:13:11 PM
My bad, I didn't realize that article you linked to was from over a year ago, I thought it was a new article so I wasn't paying specific attention to the dates and assumed it was talking about next season (2009). :ahhh:
LOL!  I was just trying to figure out Mladin's last contract stuff. 
Super Dave

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Jason748

CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Super Dave

Cry babies they are.  Anyone else heard that DuHamel is racing for Buell in 2009?
Super Dave

khanson

Yes Mladin is the only one signed to Suzuki currently for 2009.  That deal was done over a year ago.

Everything else is getting sorted out right now.  This is such a crazy year.....everything is way behind schedule.
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

Super Dave

Quote from: khanson on November 22, 2008, 02:50:10 PM
This is such a crazy year.....everything is way behind schedule.
LOL!

Well, it's always behind schedule, this year it's more behind behind schedule. 
Super Dave

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider