News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pirelli contingency

Started by Eric Kelcher, February 14, 2008, 11:26:09 AM

ahastings

After studying the contingency more , Michelin is really only better for the guys that can finish consistently 1st and 2nd when you factor in the extra cost of the tires vs Pirelli and Bridgestone is only bettter for the guys that don't finish outside the top 3, so that is  a small portion of riders.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

theQman23

Hello Guys.  The Michelin contingency is awesome in 2008, with many classes paying 300, 400, and 500$ per win.  Check it out at
http://www.bibmen.com/2008CONTINGENCY.html   
Thanks, and ENJOY!!!!
-Quentin

Team_Serpent

Just about every year contingency programs change.  One year band x's contingency looks more attractive, the next year it's the other brand. 

Same with the actual tire, bridgestone looked to have the best tire last year in Moto-GP, out performing michelin who was on top the prior year.

If you feel compelled to jump ship because of a couple of dollars between one contingency plan vs the other you may want to consider your loyalty.

It maybe be old school to some, but building loyal relationships with the companies and the people who you rely on to provide the best customer service, technical assistance and ultimately support is key.   

spyderchick

Quote from: Team_Serpent on February 21, 2008, 10:25:20 AM

If you feel compelled to jump ship because of a couple of dollars between one contingency plan vs the other you may want to consider your loyalty.

It maybe be old school to some, but building loyal relationships with the companies and the people who you rely on to provide the best customer service, technical assistance and ultimately support is key.   

Something else to think about, as you build those relationships, you will get offered more attractive packages over time. Also, skipping around from brand to brand can actually hurt your chances of being offered the chance to test product, additional track time and other small perks the loyal riders tend to get after a while. This goes for more than just tires. This isn't only for the fastest riders, it's for the people the reps have grown to trust and respect.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

clutch

I tend to agree but disagree.

Team_Serpent

Quote from: sv814 on February 21, 2008, 03:12:24 PM
I tend to agree but disagree.

That's because you're a nesba cr  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

104fahl

I know you can get stickers at tech but do they have patches?

2old2fat2slow

Quote from: 104fahl on February 21, 2008, 07:28:37 PM
I know you can get stickers at tech but do they have patches?
Here's a silly question from a rookie.... Do you have to have a patch as well as a sticker to get paid???
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

Team_Serpent

Quote from: 2old2fat2slow on February 21, 2008, 07:36:55 PM
Here's a silly question from a rookie.... Do you have to have a patch as well as a sticker to get paid???

You can usually find the individual company requirements and payout amounts here http://www.ccsracing.us/forms.html but it looks like it's not posted yet but coming soon.

In the mean time try here http://www.us.pirelli.com/web/motorcycle/racing/road-racing-contingency/default.page

CounterSteerer

Pirellis 2008 CCS contingency program is very disappointing. They make a great tire but why not reward the people winning on your tires? Last year if you won 4 races you would come home with $700, this year with the new program $280. That is not enough to cover 1 set of tires! How can they intice new riders to use their product with such poor incentives. I have always been a brand loyal guy and support those who support me and the sport, but this feels more like a kick in the eye than a reward for winning. I will continue to run Pirellis because I believe in their product and my obligations and hope Pirelli will review this new contingency program and determine to implement a new plan for 2009 one that will at least pay for a set of tires after a weekend of winning races.
Just out of curiosity what tire manufacture pays the best for the top three spots?
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

r1owner

Quote from: Team_Serpent on February 21, 2008, 10:25:20 AM
Just about every year contingency programs change.  One year band x's contingency looks more attractive, the next year it's the other brand. 

Same with the actual tire, bridgestone looked to have the best tire last year in Moto-GP, out performing michelin who was on top the prior year.

I agree with what you're saying.  I am running Michelins cause that's what Tommy sells.  I used to run Pirelli's cause that's what Tommy sold.  I was bummed when he stopped selling them and sold Michelin's only.

I wasn't real happy with the Michelin's last year (could be the fact that my bike isn't or might not be setup correctly either) so I can't entirely blame the tires.

That's why I was contemplating switching to Pirelli this year.

Anyone know pricing differences between the brands for this year?

Team_Serpent

Quote from: 2old2fat2slow on February 21, 2008, 07:36:55 PM

just found a link to the exact info you are looking for http://www.us.pirelli.com/en_US/browser/attachments/pdf/08_Contingency_form_ASRA-CCS.pdf