News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Life....

Started by EX#996, March 01, 2003, 05:48:56 PM

EX#996

QuoteMaybe you need a change of scenery?

Imagine riding on the ice for hours on end with your racing friends...LOL!

LOL!!!    ;D

The midwest overall has a really good group of people.  However....  I am ready for some warmer weather (oooo it's 4 degrees today  ::)).

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Speedballer347

Quotesdiver ..... full size van is the answer, not SUV
sdiver got a SUV, cause his buddies won't be caught dead riding in "Mom's" van on the way to the races  ...no wayyyyy!
Steve's having 24-inch chrome DuBBs installed at my request ;D

We gonna be big PimPin' at da track w/ that thing 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

EX#996

Quotesdiver got a SUV, cause his buddies won't be caught dead riding in "Mom's" van on the way to the races :P ...no wayyyyy!

LOL!!!!

Before we bought the Buick Paul said to me, "Perhaps we should get a mini van.  It would be aweful convenient at times to have that type of vehicle."  

My response was, "If we get a mini van - YOU'RE driving it!"  

I do not like those things!  (Does anyone besides me think that the Lumina van looks like a Dustbuster?)

Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Quote I am ready for some warmer weather (oooo it's 4 degrees today  ::)).

A simple ride on the ice makes winter worth it.

Took Mike Riebe out near Meghan Stiles place.  We rode (abused) the Stiles TTR90's for about four hours.  It was 30 and it was way too hot!  Just sweating to death!  

To me, full size vans are "mini"!
Super Dave

Super Dave

Dustbuster...yeah...

Again, back to GM vehicles....... :P

At least a Pinto has cool looking flames all around.
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteA simple ride on the ice makes winter worth it.

To me, full size vans are "mini"!

That's true, unfortunately (this is just too funny) Renee's CR80 needs ingition parts and Paul broke the spokes on his Yamaha 250.  They were planning on going up to Hately this week to get them.  It looks like they will be driving the motorhome there (that at this point still runs).

It is just not our time for anything mechanical.  LOL!!!   ;D

Your van - definately unique to you!

Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

QuoteAt least a Pinto has cool looking flames all around.

LMAO!!!  

Especially when hit from behind.

P.S.  I would drive your van any day over a stupid mini-van!
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

I don't think of it as a van...

Seems too small of a word.

Needs something more epic.  Ya know, C130's are called Hercules, C5A's are called Galaxies...  

Stratoliner!  

Mega something another.

I called it "Monster" for a while, but it just hasn't stuck.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteI am ready for some warmer weather (oooo it's 4 degrees today  ::)).

Sweating my butt off today.  It's in the low-mid 80's and humid as Hell.  Now's the time to be here, but in July, I'd rather be up north with ya'll.  As far as the too many bad people thing...my wife is very cute and is about 96 lbs.  I can teach her everything she would ever want to know about cars and defending herself, but what is she supposed to do when Bubba and his buddies traveling on I-75 from Miami to Tampa decide to stop in my town for some gas and see her standin there broken down.  Just can't bear to even think about it.  New car every three years for her.  As far as for me, I think the racing thing is gonna force me to buy an older tow vehicle.  Any suggestions from ya'll.  My longest drive is 5-1/2 hours to Jennings and I usually have 3-4 people and a bunch of crap that doesn't fit on my little open trailer.  I will, however, be getting an enclosed one by the end of next season I hope.  Advice?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

EX#996

QuoteI don't think of it as a van...

Seems to small of a word.

Needs something more epic.  Ya know, C130's are called Hercules, C5A's are called Galaxies...  

Just call it....

Olympus - because to many of your students you have the knowledge of the Greek gods.

or

Enterprise - because that van has gone where no other van has gone before.  (Really - how many 14 passenger desiel vans have run a road course?)

or

just give me time...  I will come up with more.

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

QuoteAs far as for me, I think the racing thing is gonna force me to buy an older tow vehicle.  Any suggestions from ya'll.  My longest drive is 5-1/2 hours to Jennings and I usually have 3-4 people and a bunch of crap that doesn't fit on my little open trailer.  I will, however, be getting an enclosed one by the end of next season I hope.  Advice?

If you can find it - go with a desiel of some sort.  Being from a warmer climate you won't have to worry about fuel additives or plugging it in during cold weather.  

With a desiel you will get better fuel economy when towing and have the torque to get it moving.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

MightyDuc Racing

People in Florida seem to think diesels are made of gold or something, unfortunately.  Too much money around here for one.  Probably gonna pick up an older SUV or van or the dreaded minivan.  We'll see.  Right now I get great gas mileage, but I really don't want to keep using my $30,000+ friggin Acura as an overloaded tow vehicle. :o  And besides, I can't fit my stuff and 4 people in it...we did take 3 to Homestead though. ;D  Looked like we belonged when we got to Miami with our low-rider.   8)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM