News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Life....

Started by EX#996, March 01, 2003, 05:48:56 PM

Super Dave

Shuttle bus, man.  You'd look at home picking up at the retirement communites.  That's what I have.  1996, Power Stroke Diesel.  It gets 13 to 14.5 MPG pulling my 18 foot by 8.5 Auto Hauler with a 10k GVWR.  (Actually, it doesn't know the trailer's there.)

Not a van, doesn't have the SUV price tag (I stole mine for $3.500).  Haven't found a flaw yet.  I have the biggest thing to drop off my kids a school too.  Try and beat that with an Excursion or a Hummer...HA! ;D  I laugh at their monthly payments.  They can't even afford a Diesel!
Super Dave

tigerblade

Quote...if it weren't for bad luck...  I'd have NO luck at all...

"...doom, despair, and agony on me whoa".   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tigerblade

QuoteTB, sorry to hear that, but I bet you'll be better off!

Look at the bright side, in a few weeks we'll be at the track... :)

I'm sure I will be in the long run.  Looking forward to April!!!
Younger Oil Racing

EX#996

Quote"...doom, despair, and agony on me whoa".   ;D

LOL!!!

TB you just aged yourself.  Some of the youngsters on this BBS have never seen an episode of Hee Haw.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteA lot of people lease, but I figure that if I pay cash for the car - no car payment, I don't need to carry full coverage on it and most of the time I don't need to repair it every month.  This will be cheaper for us in the long run.

'88 Dodge we purchased in 1993 for $5,100 and ran it for 9 years.  Total repairs including tires was approximately $1800.  So.... $5100 + $1800 = $6900  divide that by 108 months = $63.88 per month and I don't need full coverage insurance.

'93 Sunbird we ran for 6 months and purchased for $300.00 (it will run again, if we decide to put a starter in it).  So $300.00 / 6 months = $50.00 per month and liability only.

'92 Dodge Desiel, this one we actually spent some money on $9500.00 in '95.  We haven't put any money into it at this point, but it now needs exhast and tires.  Still $9500 / 86 months = 110.47 per month.

Like Jack said, we're in a little bit of a slump, but oh well that's life.  When you run old vehicles, you have to expect some, and be able to make repairs.  IMHO old vehicles are they way to go.

Be glad you didnt have a Chebbie truck then. ;D Imagine all the breakdowns you'd have the.;D;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tigerblade

QuoteLOL!!!

TB you just aged yourself.  Some of the youngsters on this BBS have never seen an episode of Hee Haw.

"I'm a pickin'..."

Younger Oil Racing

KBOlsen

Just call BR-549!!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

TZDeSioux

some of us can't afford to have separate towing vehicles and everday cars. Can't really use a big ass dually or a full size van for business so we're stuck with an SUV. I really do like the Toyota Landcruiser. That may be my next vehicle purchase. :)

SliderPhoto

QuoteTry and beat that with an Excursion or a Hummer...HA! ;D  I laugh at their monthly payments.  They can't even afford a Diesel!

Yeah, we'll see who has to sit in front because of the toushy warmer! ;D

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteJust call BR-549!!!

;D ;D ;D  My parents play 549 in our local lotto's cash 3 drawing cuz of that damn show.  They've won $500 like 5 times with it!   ;D ;D ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Dawn

Quote"I'm a pickin'..."

"...  and I'm a grin-in'..."

Dawn   ;D