News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Life....

Started by EX#996, March 01, 2003, 05:48:56 PM

EX#996

Have you ever notice how some people have good fortune, and others, not so much?

For example take Paul and I...  Well maybe it's just me....

We drive older high mileage vehicles so we don't have a car payment.  However you always want a spare in case one decides to take a dump.  So here's the saga...

We need another vehicle because the 'ol Dodge Ramcharger with 188,000 + miles is really on it's last legs.  So we find a Pontiac Sunbird with 200,000 + miles, runs excellent, looks OK, and it's only $300.00.  What happens a deer runs into the side of it.   ::)  It don't look so good any more. Plus after 4 months, the starter took a dump.  Another lawn ornament.   :(

Driving home from work in the Dodge desiel with 158,000 miles, the exhast decides it has enough and comes apart.  Oh well, Paul plans on putting on new exhast today, but that didn't happen because he had to come and pick me up.  Keep reading...

I had to work today, so I take our 91 Buick Park Avenue, gorgeous car, nice ride, (yep, you guess it 158,000 + miles) to Appleton.  I pick up Renee and we are going to get a little shopping in after work.  Heading down Wisconsin Avenue in Appleton - a lady in a Lexus SUV makes a left turn RIGHT in front of me.  I hit the brakes, too late.  Needless to say - another lawn ornament.   ::)  Sometimes life just sucks.

Oh well, time to look for another car.   :-/  The only consolation I have is my $1700 car totaled her $$$ Lexus SUV   ;D

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

Oh yeah?  This week I got turned down for a job that everyone assumed was mine, and Monday my divorce will be final (married one year, then wife flipped out and moved away).

I win.   :P
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

EX#996

QuoteOh yeah?  This week I got turned down for a job that everyone assumed was mine, and Monday my divorce will be final (married one year, then wife flipped out and moved away).

I win.   :P

Yep - you win.  (If you can call it that)

The job market sucks right now.  There is no denying that!

Marriage - It's not an easy thing.  Even after 15 years, Paul and I will have our moments once in a while.

Dawn  :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

On the bright side, I'm getting excited about racing this year.  If I don't destroy my bike or myself in the process, it should be great therapy.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

SliderPhoto

I hope you and Renee are OK!!!

I used to have a professor that always said, "don't worry it will get worse." He was a dick! ;D

Don't worry, you're in a slump, before you know it, everything will be going your way!

TB, sorry to hear that, but I bet you'll be better off!

Look at the bright side, in a few weeks we'll be at the track... :)

EX#996

QuoteI hope you and Renee are OK!!!

I used to have a professor that always said, "don't worry it will get worse." He was a dick! ;D

Don't worry, you're in a slump, before you know it, everything will be going your way!

TB, sorry to hear that, but I bet you'll be better off!

Look at the bright side, in a few weeks we'll be at the track... :)

LOL!!!  Another BBS control.

It's a good thing that Bill Hitchc0ck's name is not Richard Hitchc0ck.  Other wise it may appear on the board as Dick Hitchcock.   ;D

I am really excited about the first race weekend in April.  It will only be a few days after my birthday and I think I will do a little celebrating with everyone.   ;)

Renee and I are fine, just a little stiff.  Thanks for asking.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

YIKES!!!!!  I'm glad you and Renee are all right... stupid SUVs... :-[

Your B-day, huh?  Hmmmm... ;D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Gixxer124

Dick Hitchcock.
Just testing.

EX#996

QuoteYour B-day, huh?  Hmmmm... ;D

Yep!  On 03/31...  Do you want to cause a little trouble?   ;)

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Bernie

It's easy to say but harder to believe.  We all are very lucky to be able race motorcycles.  It is the greatest thing I have ever done, but it doesn't pay the rent or put food on the table, so I have to remind myself how lucky I am to be able to pursue something that is fairly selfish in the grand scheme of things.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Bright side.  You and Renee OK, 1 less Lexus in the world, and you'll be getting $$$ from the rich yuppy broad's insurance company.  I hate rich, cellphone using, Lexus driving, makeup applying, too distracted to use the pathetic shred of driving talent that they posess, rich yuppy broads who try to kill me or my friends.  Stiff...? $$$;D
Doc? It hurts when I do this.  Well don't do that!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Hey, Dawn...

I think you need to get away from these Dodge and GM vehicles... ;D

And, personally, if it weren't for bad luck...  I'd have NO luck at all... 8)

Oh, and SUV...  Stupid Useless Vehicle...

Doesn't include your new ride, Jack...  It's cool.

Personally, I'd like to run over all those weenie SUV's with my "little van".  They're so gay...
Super Dave