News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Slipper Clutch

Started by foughtstrong, December 22, 2007, 03:38:33 PM

LMsports

We have used Yoyodyne, STM, and Hinson slipper clutches and sell all three as well. The Yoyodyne was my least favorite. The Yoyodyne needs the most maintenance and the problem with a used one is that most riders don't know about the maintenance issues or don't take their clutch apart until it breaks. The Yoyodyne is designed to be taken apart easily and completely but due to that ease of disassembly it works itself apart easily as well. We had a couple of them in Honda 600's and had to replace parts that backed out and became damaged. Factory Honda uses Hinson, and Erion has used Hinson and STM.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

tstruyk

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on December 26, 2007, 06:54:20 PM
Any  bike, any slipper clutch, any class is legal

thanks for clarifying!   :cheers:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

23six

I would say a Slipper Clutch is a must to be competitive on any Twin-class 4-stroke. For other classes, it can only help.

foughtstrong

Has anyone else had any problems with Yoyodyne slippers?

Garywc

got almost 1 and a half seasons on mine and never a problem
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Jason748

The Yoyo in my bike has 3, maybe 4 seasons on it.  The only issue I've had is a couple of the studs backed out.  But the newer ones, according to Fred at Yoyodyne have these studs pinned in so that doesn't happen anymore.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

foughtstrong

Thanks, I've pretty much decided on the Yoyo.  Now I'm looking to find one used before I have to buy it new.

NightHeat

does one think that a slipper clutch would drop your lap times any?  anyone got a testimonal? 

eddie1000rr

I ran the STP all last season without a problem in my honda. I think it made me faster because I could bang a downshift half leaned over if I wanted with confidence the back end wasnt going anywhere to far, by that I mean, if you downshift too fast/hard...you will still get some rear end wiggle, but it acts like antilock brakes kinda at that point as opposed to locked rear end lol.
My bike was stolen at the end of last season and it was the 1st thing I ordered for my replacement bike (another Honda 1000rr)
:thumb:

Jason748

I can't necessarily say that it made my fastest lap times faster, but I was definitely able run faster laps with much more consistency.  I found it really helped during corner entry into slower corners, made them much smoother, and me more confident when the rear wasn't hopping around.
On my next bike, a slipper will be right under suspension on my list.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Sobottka

i would say yes, similar to the way upgrading your suspension ALLOWS you to go faster.  you wont however install a slipper and BE faster   
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

foughtstrong

Slipper should allow you to get in and out of the turns faster??????