MW and Blackhawk

Started by xb9racer, December 06, 2007, 02:51:05 PM

xb9racer

I like BHF just fine. But another season coming up of mostly BHF again. I know it's easier said than done, but aren't there any other tracks!? :banghead:
I know there are a few TBA's but 3 race weekends in May!? :wtf:
Hopefully it changes a little bit!

Court Jester

hey, black hawks 2 hours from my house. i think it's just fine as it is.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

xb9racer

It's  only 1 for me, but variety is the spice of life!

gpz11

I gotta admit some other tracks would be nice. Kinda like back in the days of GLRRA where they only ran at Grattan before they disappeared.

Super Dave

Some people would kill for those opportunities. 

Racers have regularly supports five to six races a year at Blackhawk for a long, long, long time.  They haven't at other Midwest tracks.  Or the tracks haven't kept up with maintenance.  Or the track costs too much to rent.

Add on top of that the ability of racers to compete in larger championship series...meaning, racers have been better able to support a regional series with fewer numbers of events compared to larger numbers.  That's even prompted CCS to have track championships at places like Blackhawk and Summit Point. 

Anyway, those are some of things that I've seen and what has shaped how I've raced.
Super Dave

Sobottka

whatever... 5 out of 9 sucks!!
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

LMsports

Rob, I'm looking at your avatar and wondering what happened to you since I saw you last...did you get a different haircut?
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

SV88

I agree BHF is ok for no more than 3 races.  What about Autobahn S. or full, Gingerman etc... I'll probably do RA, BHF (3x), possibly Topeka and will race WERA at Gingerman.  Otherwise will be playing in the dirt on my KDX 200 or sailing in stiff breezes....
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Super Dave

Quote from: sobottka on December 06, 2007, 04:29:17 PM
whatever... 5 out of 9 sucks!!
Yeah, that's way too many crashes.   :biggrin:
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: LMsports on December 06, 2007, 04:53:10 PM
Rob, I'm looking at your avatar and wondering what happened to you since I saw you last...did you get a different haircut?
estrogen
Super Dave

Super Dave

Super Dave

HAWK

Don't know the story with Autobahn but I believe Gingerman was dropped for attendance. If the turnout is too small then CCS loses money, goes out of business, and then we don't race at all. The turnout at Blackhawk pays the bills. The 2 TBA races are combined with GP region, a way to add some variety in a format that will pay the bills.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413