MW and Blackhawk

Started by xb9racer, December 06, 2007, 02:51:05 PM

Super Dave

It's a country club, not a race track.
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on December 06, 2007, 06:32:57 PM
Everyone always seems to forget Frankfort International Raceway Park..... It's close and has a bitch'n bus stop..... I say we look into racing there....
Scotty,

I've heard you mention this track before.  I haven't been able to find any information on it.  Links??
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

I don't know if he has a website up.  I think he's debating, with himself, as he financed it all on his own, whether to get his investment back through selling off memberships and then going from there or using it for a rental income for track days, racing, and other track related things. 

I haven't tried using Google earth on it yet, but, Scotty, didn't he say that the latest sat picture on google earth was old enough that it only showed a field with the stream around where the bus stop is now?  I know that I can see the trailer at your house.  I think I've decided my wife is outside on the patio on mine...LOL!
Super Dave

jigs

So kinda a Thurston Howell and Lovey kinda thing??LOL Too bad really,if it were decent and run like a racetrack it would be another close venue for us.

Court Jester

Putnam ran a race last spring with one racing org. I'd like to see CCS there at least once through out the year.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

cbr-racer

Bill (whisky) http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/whisky
                    http://www.xbux.com/whisky402 

Sponsors: Hazardous Sports, Michelin, EBC
Silkolene, Lockhart Phillips, AGV Sport, Buffalo Wild Wings
Vortex

Team Spalding

Putnam would be great. Smooth sticky pavement, fast flowing track good for all classes and not too far away but I heard they will never allow motorcycle racing again because of a death while back.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Redbuell on December 06, 2007, 09:26:33 PM
Putnam would be great. Smooth sticky pavement, fast flowing track good for all classes and not too far away but I heard they will never allow motorcycle racing again because of a death while back.

Dale Earnhart died while racing a car at Daytona, ironically in almost the exact same spot we all lost a fellow motorcycle racer in 2003. Accidents happen, it's an unfortunate fact of life - but life goes on. Should we all stop doing anything exciting and voluntarily live in a padded room the rest of our lives?

Putnam was one of my favorite tracks when I raced there with CCS in the late 90's, I've always wished CCS would race there again. But there were issues surrounding that track, for example the cops waiting at the front gate to make sure we didn't race a minute past when we were supposed to stop or they threatened to arrest the race director due to violating the noise ordinance. Why so strict? I heard it was because of all the Urban Sprawl people from Indianapolis moving a 1/2 hour + away from the city and building their homes right near this track out in the middle of nowhere and then complaining about the noise.  :wtf: I remember issues with CCS staff not being allowed to enter the facility on Friday to set-up registration and such for Saturday morning, also some issues with start and stop times of any 'on track' activity and real gridlock at the front gate due to the track not opening the gates as early as most tracks usually did.

As much as I would love to see this track back on the CCS MW schedule I don't see it happening without some major changes in operations of that facility (a facility which was originally built as a private playground for a weathy individual if I remember correctly).

Oh ya, I live in the same county as Blackhawk Farms.  8)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Court Jester

putnam all comes down to insurance costs now i'm sure. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Burt Munro

Quote from: Court Jester on December 06, 2007, 08:23:42 PM
Putnam ran a race last spring with one racing org. I'd like to see CCS there at least once through out the year.
Fasttrax Mar 31/Apr 1 ???

Burt Munro

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on December 06, 2007, 10:44:35 PM

As much as I would love to see this track back on the CCS MW schedule I don't see it happening without some major changes in operations of that facility (a facility which was originally built as a private playground for a weathy individual if I remember correctly).

The Diasio's......  They built/build the D962 and D962R.  (kind of a Porsche 962 replica)   The D962 had a 1000cc Yamaha motor.   The D962R uses a Mazda RX-8 twin rotary.

One of the most amazing BBS threads I ever read was when Diasio pulled the WERA Putnam race contract out from under them.  Mongo, I'm sure you'll read this.  I think it was over Christmas and you were on vacation, right?  Diasio acted like a little kid about getting this contract signed.  Threatened that for every day Mongo didn't respond he would pull one date out of the contract.  Diasio sounded like a 5 year old who couldn't get his way!!!   What a jerk!

Super Dave

Yeah, the owners, the Diasio's, just don't want motorcycle racing there.  You can't camp there over night either.

I remember the BBS thread.  That was pretty incredible.
Super Dave