News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MW and Blackhawk

Started by xb9racer, December 06, 2007, 02:51:05 PM

weggieman

Why try to go back to a hostile environment? Putnam was never designed to be a rental track. It's supposed to be a country club like Autobahn, without all the cool emenities of ACC. Just a place in the country to drive your car without the hassles of the man.

RSimmons

I lnow ive only an hour away from Putnam and it doesn't bother me one bit that its not on the schedule. Besides the obvious hostility motorcycle racing, I just don't think its a fun track. Maybe I have a soft spot for BHF since it was my first trackday, but I like it better.
That said, I'll probably run one or two WERA events since they tend to be closer to my new location here in Bloomington (furthest is Grattan at 6.5 hrs compared to closest CCS track is BHF at 6.5 hrs) and I'd like to get a little variety in my race diet.
MW Am #377

Scotty Ryan

Dave - your right - the satellite view doesn't show up yet - they seem slow with updating - the 355 tollway was extended almost 10 miles right here by my house and they haven't got that on the map. From what I understand there is no website yet - this was an out of pocket investment - and the build cost more then the projected figures. The plans changed and things got put on hold.
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

mx558

ACC is just fine now since they did the grinding. Now Gingerman sucks, they should put jumps to go over the seams, and coming through Chicago really blows.
Quote from: jigs on December 06, 2007, 06:58:14 PM
ACC South is s shithole cuz' of the bump's to me at least,I was there a couple time's late last seaon and it's gotten worse,what's the deal with CCS and ACC anyway??I guess if it were re-paved I wouldn't mind it,any new's about a re-pave,and if they did would CCS go there or are they at odd's for some reason.

smite1

El Guapo

I miss Grattan from when I ran GLRRA back in the day (and AMA/CCS prior).  Has anyone seen it lately?  Looks ok from 24,000 ft on the way from MKE to DTW...  Has CCS even inquired lately?

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

If CCS brings back Grattan I'll race for sure in 2008. No Joke! I love that track more than anything.
No track gives the feeling of Grattan. Road America comes close but not like Grattan. The hills, blind turns, jumping into turn 5 downhill decelerating while sliding the front tire all the way until you got to flip it to the next left.
The bowl kicks ass. The off camber! Nothing compares too it. Sliding sideways into the hairpin while it drops into the apex.
Now if they do it backwards I'll race ever race I can. That track makes black feel like parking lot races. I don't think Blackhawk has an elevation change of 1'.
If you've never been there you got to ride there. It will make a man out of your riding skills. Driving through Chicago is worth it for that track.
CCS used to race there. I don't know why they don't anymore. WERA does. They still hold a National Endurance Race there every year.
I did a 1:19.7 back in 2000 on my ZX6R. I love that track. I always say that track makes me so happy to ride motorcycles. 
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Beaz

Im a fan of Gratten as well ill race there this year but it will probably be with wera :wtf:

John